PDA

View Full Version : God of War

DMKA
12-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Has anyone else played this game? I played it damn near non stop from Christmas morning until a little while ago when I finally beat and unlocked everything (including God Mode). I have to say, it's my favorite PS2 game...hell, the best game I've played in years. Very mature though (really pushes the M rating), complete with extremely bloody FMVs and uncensored topless women.

I highly, highly recommend this game to everyone, especially those who enjoy Devil May Cry style battles and games with historical basis.

Madame Adequate
12-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Those boobies were badly rendered and even more badly modelled.

I got bored with GoW, believe it or not. The fighting was awesome beyond words. This only served to ram home how much lamesauce there was when you weren't fighting, which was rather too much. Resulting in me = not purchase.

Shoden
12-28-2005, 02:15 PM
It won't work on my PS2, none of the discs do because the laser cannot read em, It works when I use the cheat discs though.

Swordicanus
12-28-2005, 02:23 PM
I actually went to buy it last night it was on the shelf so obviously I grabbed it and went to the counter...........cue ten minutes of waiting then he comes out and tells me they actually don't have it...........WHY WAS IT ON THE BLOODY SHELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........but thats my luck...

Dreddz
12-28-2005, 03:10 PM
I just got it this christmas, its pretty damn good, but I havent played it much as ive been playing dragon quest VIII quite alot. Ill get back to it before the new year though......

XxSephirothxX
12-28-2005, 06:41 PM
I loved it as a whole, although there were a few parts that I found extremely annoying. Overall, it was extremely well designed. I don't know if it's the best combat system that's been put into a game so far, but it's pretty close.

kikimm
12-28-2005, 08:11 PM
My brother's played it, and he really, really enjoyed it, but I have yet to pick it up and start playing. It does look very exciting though. I like the matureness. :)

ffxfreak93
12-29-2005, 02:53 AM
god of war was awsome!!!!!!!

Swordicanus
12-30-2005, 02:29 PM
I have it now I've done the Atlas and Poseidion challenges I'm now doing the Hades Challenge......this Pandora's box better be worth it lol

dragoonknight_kain
01-02-2006, 01:34 AM
It's a great game. And it did everything it could to get that Mature rating:p. But it's great even without the FMVs.

GooeyToast
01-02-2006, 06:53 AM
Great game all around. I especially loved the music and enviornments. Hopefully they'll fix up the problems (namely the bosses, puzzles, and camera) for the inevitable sequal.

a nirvana fan
01-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Yeah I've heard all good things about this game, might have to buy it someday...

Swordicanus
01-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Was anyone else really annoyed by the underwater section some parts of that wrecked my head lol

Skarr
01-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Must play. Must buy. Damn no stores open today. :cry: Heard that its an awesome game.

Markus. D
01-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Has anyone else played this game? I played it damn near non stop from Christmas morning until a little while ago when I finally beat and unlocked everything (including God Mode). I have to say, it's my favorite PS2 game...hell, the best game I've played in years. Very mature though (really pushes the M rating), complete with extremely bloody FMVs and uncensored topless women.

I highly, highly recommend this game to everyone, especially those who enjoy Devil May Cry style battles and games with historical basis.

I lovee the spritzyness of the game, just not the atmosphere... ive never been to good with medi-evil romania type locations.