PDA

View Full Version : Master Magic Materia

Tanwen Strife
12-28-2005, 01:42 PM
I know that you can get it by mastering all the magic materia and then taking it to the huge materia. However you can't get the sheild materia until you get to the Northern cavern, and then you obviously can't go back to Cosmo Canyon because you're stuck there. Can you still get it just by taking the other magics to the huge or is there a way to get out of the final cave that I'm missing?

Neco Arc
12-28-2005, 02:01 PM
is there a way to get out of the final cave that I'm missing?

yes...

Deathchant
12-28-2005, 06:15 PM
yes...
No offense but i do not like this kind of vague answers. Some people are dying to know these things and this kinda answers don't do anyone any good. I know you gave the correct answer to his direct question, but I know you can sort out his goal when asking his question....So please, IF you know the solution, then share it with us so everyone knows this issue from now on. Then we can move on :)
I think his question is very good and I was wondering myself!
I just beat Emerald Weapon in order to obtain this master magic after mass up-levelling, but I defenitely want to get this option straight as well.

Tanwen Strife
12-28-2005, 08:46 PM
That you Deathchant. I hate it when people do that too. When ever i tried I couldn't get back up the hill to the Highwind, and read in the guide I was using that you couldn't so I natuarally assumed that you were stuck in there. Obviously usuing logic is a silly way to go about things. If someone would care to explain how I leave the final dungeon I would be very greatful/

KoShiatar
12-28-2005, 09:48 PM
So, let's clear this out. You CAN go back from the Crater, unless you're in the final part.
Whoever you have in your party at that point will tell you that there's no coming back or something similar and ask you if you're sure you want to go on.
If you choose no, you can go back and forth as many times as you want.
If you choose yes, you proceed to finishing the game, because you only have the final battles with Jenova and Sephiroth left and you can't rest or save anymore.

Edit: Of course, to go back, you just have to...errr, go back. Walk to where you were before. You can board the Highwind again and go wherever you like. Also do sidequests if you want to. Actually, most players choose just this moment to do sidequests.

Tanwen Strife
12-29-2005, 12:17 AM
Ohh that makes things so much more simple now. Thank you for the info, I'll keep trying until I work out what I'm doing wrong.

Deathchant
12-29-2005, 06:48 AM
Yeah i know. Annoying answers, like they want their name mentioned in EVERY topic :P

hmm.....let's try this out. The point that some's telling if I should go on or not I probably missed...strange, since I ALWAYS read everything. Ok, thanks for the answer. But can you tell me WHEN this point happens? Because I can't remember if the Shield materia is deep in the crater or not. I can remember it is hell of a way to go back...

Too bad you cannot obtain this master magic untill you are in disk 3...So the only way to get it earlier is to defeat Emerald Weapon.
Shield is the only one I'm missing. I did remember the FULL CURE materia yesterday, so I still need to master that one

Neco Arc
12-29-2005, 02:36 PM
No offense but i do not like this kind of vague answers. Some people are dying to know these things and this kinda answers don't do anyone any good. I know you gave the correct answer to his direct question, but I know you can sort out his goal when asking his question....So please, IF you know the solution, then share it with us so everyone knows this issue from now on. Then we can move on :)
I think his question is very good and I was wondering myself!
I just beat Emerald Weapon in order to obtain this master magic after mass up-levelling, but I defenitely want to get this option straight as well.

i was to lazy to write anything else... sorry... my mistake...

anyways to get out, just go back to the place where you first entered the Northern Cave and enter the "cave"... walk to the right and climb the "ladder" back up to the top where you can enter the highwind...

oh... and some people have trouble getting back up due to the positioning of the save point (where you use the save crystal)... i'm not sure about this as it has never happened to me before... but becareful where you place it...

Deathchant
12-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Thanks for your post!

I have 3 questions...

as you can see on this link: http://www.eyesonff.com/ff7/weapons.php

You see that Cid has a more powerfull weapon, just like Aeris' Umbrella. It was stronger than the Princess Guard. This weapon of Cid, Flayer...how can I obtain it?

Second, is there a possibility to obtain more than 1 Mystile (armor)?
Third, what does the Hit% mean? For example look at tifa's God's Hand...it says 255% HIT.

Does this mean that these percentages indicate the missing-rate? Like if it is 100% or higher, the person never misses?
If so, what is the use for more than 100%?

The same question for Magic Defense %

Tanwen Strife
12-29-2005, 07:45 PM
You can get Flayer by getting more than 5000 points at Speed Square at the Gold Saucer. Sometimes you get it sometimes you get something else, but I can't remember what or what the chances are. It doesn't look that much better either. it was 6 unlinked materia slots and 100 attack

KoShiatar
12-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Don't worry too much about Materia. There is NO Materia past the point where you can't go back. If there was any, then the Huge Materia quests would become pointless.

Neco Arc
12-30-2005, 03:55 AM
Thanks for your post!

I have 3 questions...

as you can see on this link: http://www.eyesonff.com/ff7/weapons.php

You see that Cid has a more powerfull weapon, just like Aeris' Umbrella. It was stronger than the Princess Guard. This weapon of Cid, Flayer...how can I obtain it?

Second, is there a possibility to obtain more than 1 Mystile (armor)?
Third, what does the Hit% mean? For example look at tifa's God's Hand...it says 255% HIT.

Does this mean that these percentages indicate the missing-rate? Like if it is 100% or higher, the person never misses?
If so, what is the use for more than 100%?

The same question for Magic Defense %

1) The Flayer is obtained at the Speed Square at the Golden Saucer. You need to obtain 5000 points and over, and may be obtained during disks 2 and 3.

2) Yes. One is found during end of disk 2, when you parachute back into Midgar. it is found in the chest near the save point before you fight Hojo. The other is found in the Northern Cave, when you take the right path. You can get all the treasures in the Northern Cave, but only when you reach the "Point of no Return" where it will prompt you if you are ready. Answer no, and you can leave and return back to the Highwind.

3) I'm not sure how to explain it but to be put bluntly Hit% means accuracy. This figure is the maximum at 255%, and at that figure that character will never miss. (the figure is suppose to coincide with an enemy's evade rate).

(I'm not so sure if my third answer is correct so anyone can correct me if i'm wrong).