PDA

View Full Version : Quick Hit Vs Delay Attack/Buster

Gara
12-28-2005, 04:01 PM
So I have both Quick hit and Delay Attack/Buster.

At first I was all like wooooo I have Quick Hit!

But after using Slow on bad guys, then Haste on myself, using a Delay attack gives me more turns than if I use Quick Hit.

So my question is, does Quick Hit actually have any use? (Also consider it's huge MP cost. 8 MP for Delay Attack and 36 MP for Quick Hit.)

Vice-President Rufus
12-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Depends if youre characters can deal 9,999 or close to that, then quick hit would be best if you are going on the offense if not then use delay buster.

As for its MP cost you eventually wont care about wasting so much because you'll probably have one mp cost or half.

rubah
12-28-2005, 06:29 PM
Delay Buster won't always work, but Quick hitwill.

I thought quick hit was like 15 mp. It's not much more than mug.

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
12-28-2005, 09:22 PM
delay buster/ attck only works if ure enemy isnt immune to sensors and almost all enemies worth fightning are... one you clear the sphere grid and have break dmg limit with quick hits you can kill anything before it can attack you once so there is no point to using anything but quick hits...

quick hit is the best attack in the game period.

Necronopticous
12-28-2005, 09:39 PM
delay buster/ attck only works if ure enemy isnt immune to sensors and almost all enemies worth fightning are... one you clear the sphere grid and have break dmg limit with quick hits you can kill anything before it can attack you once so there is no point to using anything but quick hits...

quick hit is the best attack in the game period.Yeah, that's basically the gist of it. The problem with the delay attacks are that their effects can be guarded like any other status attack. The effects of quick hit can't be guarded because they aren't effects on the enemy, but rather on the turn queue itself. Quick hit is definately the best normal offensive ability in the game.

4evarisha
12-28-2005, 10:36 PM
I pick Quick Hit because you get another chance after.

Gara
12-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Well, when I was weaker, I had Tidus, Kimahri, and Auron learn Delay Attack. I could take on single monsters that where MUCH harder than me, and they'd never have a turn. I was kicking butt!!

Now I just got to the Calm Lands and things die in one hit pretty much all the time so the only time when Quick Hit is used is on monsters with tons of HP, but those are normally immune to Delay Attack anyhow. I think I just wasted a ton of Sphere Levels :(

So...Where is a good place to train after just getting to Calm Lands?

[edit] I have 3 Special Sphere's, I might use one to get Steal instead of using 27 levels to backtrack. I heard it's a good idea for Kimahri to have steal in an upcoming fight.

Vice-President Rufus
12-29-2005, 12:13 AM
[edit] I have 3 Special Sphere's, I might use one to get Steal instead of using 27 levels to backtrack. I heard it's a good idea for Kimahri to have steal in an upcoming fight.
when you backtrack can't you move four spheres for every one level.Or have you just not been there?

Gara
12-29-2005, 01:58 AM
Okay I'm 23 levels away from getting it. That's including being able to gain it from one jump away, and 4 moves per level when backtracking.

Whee a Pic (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ak_gara/SadPanda.jpg)!

Vice-President Rufus
12-29-2005, 03:36 PM
but won't it be better to just lvl up somewhere

Remon
12-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Delay attack/buster is useful only in the beggining but if you can deal more damage Quick hit is better

lady yunalesca
01-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Your best bet is to get your stronger chracters to learn quick hits later on and have them administer them one after the other!!!! its the best way to beat most of the Monster arena fiends too!!!! Delay attack is better in the begining though as you will find that most fiends are not yet immune to it!!!

Psydekick
01-02-2006, 05:40 PM
If you waht to stand any chances against any dark aeons you must have quick hit:)

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
01-02-2006, 09:14 PM
and delay attack only debuffs one monster so if you use delay attacks/busters on a large group they will still get turns even if not immune whilst if you use QA you can get tons of attacks b4 an NME turn and still tear up large groups...

a nirvana fan
01-03-2006, 05:05 PM
I never really used all these strategies people use, I just ust basic attacks and spells.