PDA

View Full Version : Eccentric

rubah
12-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Some people take pride in the variety of musicks they listen to.

I dont' really, I just listen to it.

But I was wondering how off the mainpath you listened.

So, list me about the ten most unusual songs you have in your collection.

Go.
(no particular order)
1) Dokaka - Smells Like Teen Spirit (an a capella recording of the Nirvana song:])
2) mastersingers (A churchy sounding choir reads teh weather news)
3) (At one time I would've said The Postal Service, but then they got really mainstrem:() Country Joe and the Fish - the Vietnam Song (a recording from woodstock '69 with a lot of the F word :D)
4) Record-5 (A straight from LP rip of John Denver's Season Suites. Complete with authentic record player 'warmth' :] ripping things yourself the analog way is FUN!)
5) Startrekkin (I have no clue, but baloki sent me this I think. It's hilarious xD)
6) Harry and the Potters - Wrath of Hermione (a fan band singing harry potter songs they wrote xD)
7) DJ DMinus Goes Bananas! (an hour long happycore set)
8) hupdiha 1 (Do you remember those sites like hamster dance, and fish dance etc? This was from one like that called boogie blocks. I adored it then and now)
9) Icon and the Black Roses - Set Me On Fire (seriously, this band just started sending me their newsletters, so I went to their site and was like *download samples* and it was sorta neat:o I still dunno why they had my email)
10) Edward Haag - Secret Cranky Office Temp (parody of Secret Agent Man from a sluggy freelance fan)

Levian
12-29-2005, 01:08 AM
Yer, I agree with you so much on that philosophy. If it sounds good, then why the hell not. Some people take music way too seriously. Seeing as how I don't have a music collection, I'll just name a few outsiders in my collection:

Elton John
Madonna
The Beatles

err, that's all I can remember.

SammieBabe
12-29-2005, 01:36 AM
The most offbeat band I listen to is a group called the "Lords of Acid" They're a technoey-rock kinda group that have very sexually explict lyrics and song titles. So, therefore in an effort to not get banned I won't post the song titles. :D

But they are awesome if you wanna look them up..:)

Kirobaito
12-29-2005, 06:35 AM
Yer, I agree with you so much on that philosophy. If it sounds good, then why the hell not. Some people take music way too seriously. Seeing as how I don't have a music collection, I'll just name a few outsiders in my collection:

Elton John
Madonna
The Beatles

err, that's all I can remember.
I'm not sure how any of that is off-mainstream music. All were extremely popular in their respective times.

That said, the most unusual and unpopular artists in my collection are Brewer & Shipley, John Prine, and Eric Andersen. I don't have 10 songs of them combined.

Madame Adequate
12-29-2005, 08:48 AM
I listen to whatever... so much so that largely I'm not really aware of who's popular and who isn't, because I listen to CD's and stuff recommended by friends, not the radio or MTV.

Actually, I don't appear to have anything offbeat, just obscure. =(

Calliope
12-29-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm incredibly boring in the music I listen to, but I don't care!

Remon
12-29-2005, 10:20 AM
I enjoy listening to Rock,Pop,Heavy metal etc.And i just listen to them too.Favourite band:"The Rasmus

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Off the mainpath? I suppose the fact that I mainly listen to classical music would be sufficiently "off the mainpath", ne?

Primus Inter Pares
12-29-2005, 10:47 AM
Man, I have sooooo many obscure songs.

Like "I Eat Canibals" by Toto Coelo or any Frank Zappa song, and I do have one Lords of Acid song :p

Then we have Ian Dury, which is a bit more mainstream... but not by much with songs like Fucking Ada and Superman's Big Sister, as I can't remember anythng at the moment, I think I'll leave it at that :shifty:

DK
12-29-2005, 02:36 PM
1.) 12th Man - Bowling Shane (An extremely random song by a bunch of Australian comedians about cricket, and the people who play it.)
2.) Dragon Ash - Grateful Days (Random Japrap over the guitar melody from the intro of "Today" by the Smashing Pumpkins, even more ghetto in the live video because they steal the chorus from Coolio's "I'll C U when you get there" but it's in Engrish)
3.) Roots Manuva - Witness the Fitness (I dunno, this song just sounds weird. But it's suave, and the video makes me laugh.)
4.) Green Man - Concubine (:cool:)
5.) The Mad Capsule Markets - DO JUSTICE TO YOURSELF DO JUSTICE TO MY LIFE (it's just random. =D)
6.) DJ Pied Piper + Masters of Ceremonies - Do you really like it? (I downloaded it to show ghettoness of garage music to Morgy and then it got stuck in my head and now I can't get rid of it. =()
7.) Swing low, Sweet Chariot (Acapella version. It's suave. :cool:)
8.) Ayumi Hamasaki - Fly High (I wanted to see what the original to some some the Mad Caps covered was like, and it was ghetto to hell, but then there was this orchestral version and it was suave and shut up shut up shut up :))
9.) Coney Island Baby (I heard it on that episode of the simpsons where Homer has a barbershop quartet and totally loved it so I got an acapella version. Acapella is great.)
10.) Zelda: OoT - Lon Lon Ranch(orchestral) (this is unusal just 'cause I hate this game with a burning passion, but Lon Lon Ranch was cool and the orchestral song is nice. <3)

Good thread, eest.=D

Edit: Rubah, god damn you and your avatars consfusing me, evil god damn shinra. :mad2:

Primus Inter Pares
12-29-2005, 02:38 PM
eest is rubah now?

DK
12-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Your mom is Brett Lee. :mad2:

Levian
12-29-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure how any of that is off-mainstream music. All were extremely popular in their respective times.

That said, the most unusual and unpopular artists in my collection are Brewer & Shipley, John Prine, and Eric Andersen. I don't have 10 songs of them combined.

o, I misunderstood. *runs away*

fire_of_avalon
12-29-2005, 05:44 PM
I have a lot of CD's from local bands like Io, Zombie Attack!, Mini Void etc. etc. I also listen to the stuff on NPR Music and every Sunday is Celtic Music Day. I've also been known to listen to traditional Cherokee and Seminole music, but that's always been live.

And then I listen to a lot of mainstream stuff.