PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to the EoFF Post?

Strider
12-28-2005, 07:26 PM
I mean, honestly. We need to revive that sucka under new management. I believe it is still destined for greatness.

Miriel
12-28-2005, 07:33 PM
It is defunct.

I like the word defunct.

Primus Inter Pares
12-28-2005, 08:02 PM
Who doesn't like the word Defunct?

Venom
12-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Who doesn't like the word Defunct?

Communists dont like it.

Psychotic
12-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Communists dont like it.Communists hardly count. They hate everything.

Maxico
12-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Even communism?

Psychotic
12-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Sure. They have to treat everything equally, after all.

boris no no
12-28-2005, 08:37 PM
psys a communist B)
HI PSY!

oh the post thing.....it kinda vanished after the first time :(

Rye
12-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Communists hardly count. They hate everything.

Even NIGER?

Venom
12-28-2005, 08:48 PM
http://photo-origin.tickle.com/image/51/1/9/O/51198843O163922528.jpg

Does Van Halen count?

Miriel
12-28-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm trying to pinpoint exactly where this thread went wrong, but it's just so hard. As always, I'm going to go ahead and blame Psy.

Thread whore.

boris no no
12-28-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm trying to pinpoint exactly where this thread went wrong, but it's just so hard. As always, I'm going to go ahead and blame Psy.

Thread whore.
yeah! down with psy

HI PSY! <3
;p

kikimm
12-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Back on track, guys.

I'm guessing you should try talking directly to Marick, or whoever else was really involved that's still around.

boris no no
12-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Back on track, guys.

I'm guessing you should try talking directly to Marick, or whoever else was really involved that's still around.
I think it was mainy DP and Tiff....i see DP in chat now and again.

Rye
12-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Yeah, Lenna started it, but she just dumped it on poor DP, so it kinda failed due to lack of good leadership on her part, since it's hard to run that sort of thing with just one capable leader (DP.)

Miriel
12-28-2005, 09:08 PM
The thing was destined to be forgotten and shoved to the side. Sad but true. The attention span of the general internet populus is far to short to maintain something like the EoFF Post. Plus, none of the writers were being paid.

Madonna
12-28-2005, 09:35 PM
I imagine that it could be really easy just to make your own EoFF newspaper if you wish to recruit your own staff and such. There is no reason to depend on anyone who is obviously not putting out.

;D ;D

rubah
12-28-2005, 09:39 PM
people get touchy about that sort of thing, lynxie.

Dignified Pauper
12-28-2005, 10:45 PM
The thing was destined to be forgotten and shoved to the side. Sad but true. The attention span of the general internet populus is far to short to maintain something like the EoFF Post. Plus, none of the writers were being paid.

I'm also lazy, and in college, and had a lot of junk to do.

That being said, Lenna was the starter, then she had some things to take care of, which she explained and therefor, I do not blame her. I'll be very happy to start it back up if I can get merely 4 people to help. I will make our own board so we don't have to use Aiyon, even though it's nice, I just like to have it completely separate. Especially so that I can manage it better.

I wanted a news bot to be created, but that never really go around to happening. #eoffpost is still active. If anyone would like some info on helping. Note, this will not be as time consuming or arduous as the last post. Not as many articles, but most likely much better quality.

Also, there's no one really to blame here. We had some unreliable staff members, and too many were allowed to join, thus, we couldn't manage everything. 35 people to manage between two leaders is just absurd. I tried to talk to Lenna about that, but my idea was swallowed up, but I'm not mad, nothing to be mad about.

Also, I would take user submissions, but I'd screen them. The forum I would make would have a public section and private section - so that non-staff members could have some say or give suggestions.

Anyways, I would like the EoFF Post to live, but I would need 4-5 dedicated writers. We could have a website, but I don't see the need to since we could just make thread called "EoFF Post Issue (#) (date)" and then I'd post the articles.

Well, if you would like to volunteer about maybe an hour of your time per issue, then PM me.

NOTE: Even if I get volunteers, there's not sign that this will still happen, but if I get people who I KNOW are interested and will stick with this, I most likely will start it back up.

Madonna
12-28-2005, 11:26 PM
people get touchy about that sort of thing, lynxie.Yes, I can see where finding out that other people can do a better job than you can be a touchy issue. :|

But, really, it's more of a matter of someone being able to a job instead of wanting to and not. It is not an issue of competency, but rather opportunity. Some drive does help though, much like an engine with more cylinders.

Dignified Pauper
12-29-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm doubt anyone can do anything better than me...

That said. You're FIRED.

Lenna
01-02-2006, 05:12 PM
In regards to Rye's post about me dumping it on to DP. I did not. When the first issue came around I dedicated alot of my time towards it. I spent hours trying to upload it to my site and get it all working properly. Towards the second issue starting, people dropped out and I had alot to handle with at the time, especially with finding somewhere else to live and the stress of college. I explained all of this to Mike and he understood. Blaming me for lack of leadership is very unfair Rye. I do have a life off EoFF and I tried my very best to do the best of the members involved.

So please refrain from leaving blame on me when you do not know anything besides one side of the story as it is far from fair.

Good luck with the Post DP.

Chris
01-02-2006, 05:17 PM
I agree, there is a life outside of EoFF, Rye. And that life always comes first.

Del Murder
01-02-2006, 06:57 PM
It had a good run.

Too bad, too, because I had a lot more jumbles I wanted to make.

Dignified Pauper
01-02-2006, 10:29 PM
I agree, there is a life outside of EoFF, Rye. And that life always comes first.

LIES!

And Del, can you jumble me?

Lindy
01-02-2006, 10:31 PM
EoFF Post? More like EoFF FAIL.

Haha, I'm witty.

Dignified Pauper
01-02-2006, 10:32 PM
not to mention Arrogant.

Lindy
01-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Your point?

And why did you forget to capitalise the start of the sentence, and yet you capitalised arrogant?

Dignified Pauper
01-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Arrogance.

Lindy
01-02-2006, 10:36 PM
More like AUDACITY.

lolamirite?

Dignified Pauper
01-02-2006, 10:39 PM
ICAWMAMyouare!

Anyways, thanks Tiff, but I don't think anyone is interested... Although, I could make my own EoFF paper a solo job, but i'm lazy. Another reason EoFF Post failed.

Doomie
01-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Mandinka or Mankind-a...whichever, please change your name back to Chris, I do not know it's you.

EDIT: :(

Rye
01-02-2006, 10:42 PM
In response to Lenna and Chris: That's fair enough, but maybe you shouldn't commit to an EoFF project where you have the potential to let lots of other people down when you don't do the work if you have other commitments. :)

Dignified Pauper
01-02-2006, 10:45 PM
In response to Tiff and Chris: That's fair enough, but maybe you shouldn't commit to an EoFF project where you have the potential to let lots of other people down when you don't do the work if you have other commitments. :)

Does it really matter all that much?
She hadn't had problems when i started, and then she did. It's not her fault, it's no ones fault. I could have saved it, I just didn't care enough.

rubah
01-02-2006, 10:48 PM
I wouldn't recommend using the same name if you did want to start up another publication.

Dignified Pauper
01-02-2006, 10:50 PM
Maybe EoFF Post is cursed to fail under that name?

rubah
01-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Not so much as a cursed name, but 'the second is never as good as the first!' case scenario.

Doomie
01-02-2006, 10:54 PM
You shouldn't use EoFF Post as a name because the owners of EOFF Post (Eastern Operation of Finland Fish) might sue you.

Madame Adequate
01-03-2006, 12:42 AM

What? Everthing NOT EoFF comes first?

Sorry, I can understand plenty why this Lenna character might have other commitments or things might come up, but to say that EoFF comes last is silly. If someone else wants to prioritize it differently whoo for them.

'Course, there's the fallacy of considering any part of one's life distinct and discrete from the rest, too.

K, I'll be going elseplaces for other tangenital discourses now. *tips hat and swaggers out of the thread*

Hawkeye
01-28-2006, 10:04 PM
This has to be the 4th thread on this subject.

Resha
01-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Shouldn't that be on LJ?! :confused:

Faris
01-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Oh, jeeze, drop it already!

Sephex
01-28-2006, 10:16 PM
I would have put more comics up to it, but it went away from me. :(

Rye
01-28-2006, 10:33 PM
I never said EoFF comes last, and Rye stop trying to pick an argument, you know just as well as I do that many people dropped out of this project, which put even more strain on me as I was trying to find replacements for this. Hence asking those still part of it if they would be willing to do more than one job when finished what else they were doing.

EoFF was part of my life, but moving out here became more of a struggle when things went sour while living with Daniel. So it was more important for me to find somewhere else. In that circumstance, yes EoFF had to come last. but in all due respect, it was not my fault. Things went wrong but just because of that, throwing critisism at me for a stupid and pointless argument is hardly necessary. It was not my fault that people backed out and it was not my fault that my life got alot harder for me during that time. I couldn't tell the future, I didn't know I was going to have troubles further on during the project did I? So how can you blame me for starting this up and then backing out? I put A LOT of effort into starting this up and I put alot of effort into it when it first came out.

As I said before, I spent ages and AGES, not to mention hours sat at my computer, fixing the coding and trying to get it all together for the first issue to come out. There was a lot of things I had to change and fix. I stayed up most nights even on college days trying to do it. So don't you dare tell me I put no effort into this, because you don't know the half of it. Just because you get it so easy doesn't mean that everyone else does.

So when you have problems in your life I hope you realise it isn't all perfect, and it isn't as easy to juggle 2 lives. Because the net and real life are different. If you can't see that then you are even more naive than you think.

Did I ever say my life was hard? No, it's quite easy, and so is yours. You get PAID to go into college/Uni/whatever when most people have to work incredibly hard to get into it. I'm working hard to get into a good one it when you just sat on your ass and got a check handed to you. :)

I don't find myself naive at all. Tiffany, I think you are the naive one. I have a life online and I have a life offline. Who are you to talk, when all you did was sit online 24/7, using people and shoving your "singing files" into their faces? And if you find the internet and those who use it so low, why do you use it? Why did you come online to insult me if I'm just some lowly internet user?

I've always had both of my lives in check. I have friends offline and I have friends online. I'm on high honour roll in school, I'm going to a helluva good Uni if I keep this up, and I've never been in threat of getting kicked out because I have some made up sleeping sickness or something like that.

And yes, people may have dropped out of the Post, but only because it detoriated because YOU just left it to DP because of your made up offline problems. Wow, my heart BLEEDS for you because you have college responsibilities. I'll have college responsibilities (because college in the UK basically is the last two years of American High School) next year, but I won't be starting projects and pinning them on others.

So Tiff, please, get on your with "real life" and get out of everyone's face, please?

Love, Jessica
A person who knows how to balance the internet and real life without complaining. :heart:

eestlinc
01-28-2006, 10:35 PM
i would say get back on topic, but that topic wasn't very good either. take the drama to LiveJournal and take the political debate to...somewhere.

edit: split out poltiical debate, still killing off the drama whorage.