PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts LIVE-ACTION movie?

SuperMillionaire
12-28-2005, 08:59 PM
I just thought: You guys would like a Kingdom Hearts movie, right? Well, you'd like it animated. However, what if it was a LIVE-ACTION movie? THEN what?

Winter Nights
12-28-2005, 09:08 PM
There are way too many animated Disney characters to bother.

StarlightAngel
12-28-2005, 09:11 PM
If it were live action, I'd kill myself.

SuperMillionaire
12-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Well, how aout they combine live action with computer animation? THEN what?

Miriel
12-28-2005, 09:18 PM
If it were live action, everyone at Disney would kill themselves rather than face the shame that would accompany such an atrocious movie. Razzie Awards, bombing at the box office, ridicule by movie critics, Pixar pointing and laughing at them, they just wouldn't be able to handle it.

Heartless Soul
12-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Sailor Moon, which was put into live action not some long time ago, was pretty cheesy and crappy. That's almost as bad as putting DBZ into a LA film. A anime would do just fine. Why? Because it's something I've been desiring to see since original and first KH came out. I want to see Sora sing along with Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast ''Be Our Guest''.......Shut up.....I can dream.......

SuperMillionaire
12-28-2005, 09:34 PM
Welll, you know, they could use special effects like those used in X-Men, The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, and Superman... or maybe they could make a combined live action/comuter animation movie. The movie Looney Tunes: Back in Action was a combined live action/drawing animation, so let's try making a movie with combined live action/computer animation.

Miriel
12-28-2005, 09:40 PM
But why would you want to have it live action in the first place? Or even a hybrid, what would be the point? A movie version of Kingdom Hearts could be fully realized in animated form, whereas a live action version of such a movie would be either really really crappy, or astronomical in its production cost and for all the effort, would probably still end up being really really crappy.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
12-28-2005, 09:49 PM
watching sora beat the crap out of people with a key? weird

thing would be boring in the end

Winter Nights
12-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Most of the worlds visited would be animated, with animated inhabitants.. So, it would basically be one person in live-action in an animated world. Not saying it can't be done, just say that it's pointless.

RaidenWeb17
12-28-2005, 11:51 PM
it's pointless.

Heartless Soul
12-29-2005, 12:11 AM
I really don't think that if they're not going to make a anime verison of KH, they won't do one for live action. KH is more suitable as a video game, manga and anime. Nothing beyond that and hope it says that way. Damn it, now I really want to see a anime happen. Although some would disagree, seeing Donald with a sweat drop sounds like a fantastic idea!

SuperMillionaire
12-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Oh. Okay. Because the Harry Potter movies used the Green Screen.

StarlightAngel
12-29-2005, 03:50 AM
Live action just doesn't fit it. At all.

There's already a Kingdom Hearts manga, so it'd be believable if there were an anime made of it as well, but a live action movie?

No. Just... no.

Winter Nights
12-29-2005, 04:07 AM
Oh. Okay. Because the Harry Potter movies used the Green Screen.
There's a difference between using grean screen to put a live action Harry Potter in a fake-but-realistic-looking castle with a fake-but-realistic-looking mythical creature for two or three scenes.. And using green screen to put a live action Sora into a very-much-cartoon worlds with several very-much-cartoon characters for a WHOLE FRIGGIN MOVIE.. Not to mention the fact that, aside from a few scenes, he will pretty much be the other live action character on screen for most of the movie. I won't say that they can't POSSIBLY do this without it looking cheesy, because nowadays, they probably could. But, it most definately wouldn't be worth the effort.

Buddhist Monkey
12-29-2005, 05:09 AM
There's a difference between using grean screen to put a live action Harry Potter in a fake-but-realistic-looking castle with a fake-but-realistic-looking mythical creature for two or three scenes.. And using green screen to put a live action Sora into a very-much-cartoon worlds with several very-much-cartoon characters for a WHOLE FRIGGIN MOVIE.. Not to mention the fact that, aside from a few scenes, he will pretty much be the other live action character on screen for most of the movie. I won't say that they can't POSSIBLY do this without it looking cheesy, because nowadays, they probably could. But, it most definately wouldn't be worth the effort.

... Sin City pulled it off well. But, ::ahem::.

Anyway -- KH in any other incarnation then a game is pretty redonkulous. I'm not even digging the anime/manga thing they have going on. (But, it's not like I've read it or anything.)

So, yeah, boo live action.

SuperMillionaire
12-29-2005, 05:22 PM
Well, one of the worlds in KH, Pirates of the Caribbean, was a live-action movie.

KH1992
12-29-2005, 05:43 PM
But that's going from live-action to animated... which happens a lot anyway... It would be harder to go from animated to live-action, especially with something like Kingdom Hearts... It would be a hell of a long movie anyway.. you really can't cut out a lot...

SuperMillionaire
12-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Oh.

Psydekick
12-29-2005, 06:44 PM
And besides there is all ready a thread on a KH movie

SuperMillionaire
12-29-2005, 07:23 PM
I know, but this thread is a bit different from the other thread.

Miriel
12-29-2005, 07:27 PM
Sin City was based on a graphic novel, that movie was meant to be live action + green screen. Pirates of the Caribbean was based on a Disney ride, not Disney cartoons. You're comparing fruits with fake plastic veggies, it just isn't gonna work.

KH1992
12-29-2005, 07:42 PM
They should still make a movie of some sort...