PDA

View Full Version : My internet is in love with EoFF

Hawkeye
12-28-2005, 11:01 PM
While I was surfing the web today, all the sites I went to suddenly became a "The page cannot be displayed", all except EoFF. I cant even see google without it being a broken link. I tried other sites and its not working as well, but its funny, because out of all the sites that arnt working, EoFF is the only one that does, and I can browse through these forums without a problem. When I try to view other sites, I cant.

I just tried this on FireFox as well, and the same problem is happening. Any idea of whats going on?

crono_logical
12-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Reboot your PC and modem/router and try again :p

Only thing I can think of at the moment is your routing table on the PC screwed up somehow, and for whatever reason, EoFF has an explicit route defined overriding the bad/non-existant routes :p

SummonerYuna
12-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Haha! YOur internet is in love??

Hawkeye
12-28-2005, 11:41 PM
I tried restarting my computer several times, but that didnt work. I eventually had to unplug my DSL cables, put them back and restart my DSL box, and that supposably made it better. I'm still confused on why it did that though.

TurkSlayer
12-29-2005, 12:38 AM
EoFF is holy land. :meditate:

Samuraid
12-29-2005, 01:28 AM
Your DNS server or services might have gone down. However, your computer may have had the DNS records for EoFF cached locally...

Try running this command:
ping google.com and see what it says. If it cannot resolve google.com to an IP address, then DNS services are in fact malfunctioning.