PDA

View Full Version : Celestial Weapon vs. Customized

Sain Cai
12-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Which do you think is better? I saw a thread in FFnet weave into this discussion, and basically feel like I was told I was hogwash to suggest the Celestial Weapons are better.

What are your opinions?

mega_tonberry
12-28-2005, 11:48 PM
I have customized weapons that are stronger than the celestial weapons but I use the celestial ones cuz I went though to much friggin trouble to get them.

Sain Cai
12-28-2005, 11:55 PM
But wouldn't customized weapons do half as much damage against heavily armored fiends, even with max strength?

mega_tonberry
12-29-2005, 12:06 AM
not with piercing

rubah
12-29-2005, 01:17 AM
Sometimes you need customized. I don't have much of a care in the world to finish gettign tidus' caladbolg since I have an excalibur for him:]

The others' were easier to get, so I use them.

BG-57
12-29-2005, 04:22 AM
I customized an Excalibur for Tidus, since Caladbolg is so hard to fully activate, and not tied to an Aeon anyway. Auron's Murasame, Yuna's Nirvana, and Rikku's Godhand are relatively easy to fully activate, so I didn't customize for them.

I didn't do either for Wakka, Kimahri, or Lulu. Four characters with BDL weapons was more than enough to win the game in the U.S. verson.

Customizing is often hard to do, but I like being able to pick the three abilities other than BDL.

4evarisha
12-31-2005, 05:12 AM
celestial weapon cause it has break damage limit.:D

Little Blue
12-31-2005, 01:43 PM
...I use the celestial ones cuz I went though to much friggin trouble to get them.
Seconded.

BTW, I think that the celestial weapons are tied into HP or MP levels for their owners so if tidus is dying(we should be so lucky, lol), his celestial weapon does much less than if he was at full. this is both a blessing and a curse as characters like Auron are more powerful when they're dying, but less powerful when they're at full HP. I dont have the specifics, but its awkward anyway, and suggests that customised weapons are better and all celestial weapons are good for is boosting the aeons...

In my current save, I'm going to try for both anyway :D (probably add another 50+ hours when I get started...)

Christmas
12-31-2005, 01:53 PM
I customized mine for Tidus.

Setzer Gabianni
12-31-2005, 01:59 PM
Celestial weapons.

They were harder to power up, like the 200 bolts thing on the Thunder Plains.

However, you only had to power them up so far for the arons to have full power.

Zanius
12-31-2005, 02:45 PM
celestial weapon cause it has break damage limit.:D

My thoughts exactly...

Christmas
12-31-2005, 02:49 PM
You can customize a weapon with break damage limit too. The point of Celestial Weapon is they rely on a certain stats of your chars have to power up.

For Tidus, it will deal more damage if Tidus had more HP and vice versa while the damage of customized weapon stay constant regardless of HP and such.

Remon
12-31-2005, 03:08 PM
I like the celestial weapons because they are special.The are better looking than any other weapon you know what i mean?

Christmas
12-31-2005, 03:12 PM
http://www.ffcompendium.com/misc/pupudoll.jpg http://www.ffward.net/images/10/luluweapon.jpg

The blue doll looks better.

Zanius
12-31-2005, 03:13 PM
I like the celestial weapons because they are special.The are better looking than any other weapon you know what i mean?

See? That's what I am talking about...

http://www.ffcompendium.com/misc/pupudoll.jpg http://www.ffward.net/images/10/luluweapon.jpg

The blue doll looks better.

There are exceptions... I admit it…

Levian
12-31-2005, 03:17 PM
Customized for Tidus and Lulu (because of their sigils) . Celestial for the rest, except Kimahri who I never use.

Psydekick
12-31-2005, 04:50 PM
Excalibur I have for Tidus cause I cannot be bothered to fully power up Calablog

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
01-01-2006, 02:22 AM
I have the cadalbog for tidus cuz it only took 2 hours to get the sigils and the nirvana cuz its uber ez to get and i love its mods and godhand cuz its ez to get and i like playing with cactuars... im trying to get masamune right now but i refuse to ever power up the onion knight... EVER!!!!!