PDA

View Full Version : YOU MUST PAY?!

strider7
12-29-2005, 02:48 PM
i cannot believe this i just red on adventchildren.net that you must pay to play onlline on DOC
6.50$ per moth grrrrrrrrr
the game ist even big like FFXI

Crossblades
12-29-2005, 05:21 PM
Post the link up

Winter Nights
12-29-2005, 08:19 PM
It's on adventchildren.net's main page. And it seems to refer to some sort of online multiplayer mode. Which is of no care to me.

KoShiatar
12-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Of course there will be a fee. Online games that don't require a fee are the exception, not the rule.
And their servers are often rather poor, too.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
12-30-2005, 02:03 AM
WTF THIS IS LIKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?????
12-30-2005, 04:03 AM
What kind of gameplay will be available online? It had better be something besides the typical deathmatch to get me to pay for it; I can get that on Jedi Academy, Quake, or any number of other games for free. They even have FFVII skins out there; damn good ones, too.

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
12-30-2005, 07:59 AM
I would be more worried bout the fact that cait sith will be used for stealth missions.:mog:

Rase
12-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Post the link up

Well, here's (http://www.dirgeofcerberus.net/) one I found.

Dirge of Cerberus Multiplayer Fee and Advertisement
The online fee for Dirge of Cerberus has been announced on the PlayOnline website. 760 yen a month (about $6.50 USD), with an additional 100 yen per character (about $.80 USD).

As, for the gameplay of multiplayer;

Announced, but not yet playable, was Dirge's online multiplayer mode. Players assume the role of a Deep Ground soldier and challenge other soldiers in battle, earning medals and rising in the ranks. Currently, the team plans to implement free-for-all deathmatch, team versus team, and cooperative mission battles. Mission battles will challenge a group of players to work together to defeat epic-level bosses. Players can earn stronger weapons and armor by fighting successfully, giving a persistent campaign feel to the mode. Kitase hopes that 20 to 30 players will be able to participate in a single battle.
Link. (http://opm.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3144117&did=3)

Personally, I like the idea of the Mission battles, teaming up with a bunch of other people to take down a giant boss. The rest seems to be standard fare, and hopefully they'll support the headset and voice chat.

For me to decided, I'd have to see what it's like, and so I'd probably pay for one month, check it out, and see if I thought it was worth it. This is why I prefer the PC for online games, as they usually require no fee to play.

Setzer Gabianni
12-30-2005, 02:38 PM
So, if I am reading right - we can still play the game offline?

Winter Nights
12-30-2005, 02:58 PM
So, if I am reading right - we can still play the game offline?
Yes. It just has a bunch of multiplayer options, to those that are interested.

Cruise Control
12-30-2005, 05:26 PM
I don't like online shooters anyway, I get slowdown making it impossible to win.

a nirvana fan
01-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Oh that's a bit annoying, oh well it's not really that much to pay.
Anyway I think it will just be as great without online

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-02-2006, 01:26 AM
sooner or later ull b payin more than the game

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-02-2006, 11:06 AM
I don't see this as a problem. The multiplayer function is an extra. I don't have the equipment to do it anyway, and I probably wouldn't do it enough if I did to warrant the money. Everyone has the choice to take the multiplayer or just get it for what is hopefully a solid game. If I do get this game, it won't be for multiplayer and I won't be paying extra.

Vaprice
01-06-2006, 03:17 AM
I really don't know why you dislike this. If you don't like the fee it's not going to do anything. I'm excited that they included this.

strider7
01-06-2006, 11:48 AM
i do dislike it
but it looks like there wont be a online fee in europe
the fee is only for in japan.

Lost Number
01-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Thank feck for that.

Rogue
01-09-2006, 02:02 AM
i dont care to pay but it better be good or i wont but its staring my fav ff character so cool **pulls back lulu oh yeah shes mine to**

crazymoronx
01-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Personally, I feel that monthly fees are the scourge of manking.

Everything has a monthly fee these days. Why add more? How many online fees can one person be expected to pay?

I doubt I'll play it multiplayer, since I haven't played a PS2 game online since I got it, and I even have the network adapter since it came with it. But, it's not going to stop me from at least renting the game. I'm sure it has its redeeming qualities. Even if it is a shooter.

mooglebunni608
01-10-2006, 05:45 AM
does that meen the whole game is played online, or is the online thingy xtra?

Rase
01-10-2006, 06:36 AM
It's an optional online multiplayer mode. As far as I know, no word has been said on whether or not you can do multiplayer offline, but it seems unlikely. But yeah, it's extra, there's still a full single player mode with no additional fees.

kikimm
01-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Like other people have said, I don't think it really matters whether they have an online option or not. If you don't want to pay, no one's forcing you. You can still enjoy the GAME game. It's nice that they've included this though, for people that like online stuff, and multiplayer.

chronic_Maniac
01-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Lets say it wasn't multi-player. When you get good and your friends don't really care, its nice to just go and find people who enjoy it as much as you. You can share secrets, maybe codes and other stuff as well. Well what I'm saying is, if you have to pay to play all modes then we can cry together.