PDA

View Full Version : Questions about FFIV Advance...

Reine
12-30-2005, 05:28 AM
Ive been wondering, does anyone know if those random level ups are still in the game? Im not playing it until I find out, as the party members your not using level up as you do (Which sucks, I like levelling them up myself) Therefore, it will be impossible to control everyones level ups.

It seems you'll have to choose your four main party members, and the others will become useless due to lower stats (As well as those dumb stat downs)

Also, does anyone know where I can get a bestiary for the game? theres too many slots missing, despite my avid monster hunting.

Jowy
12-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Everyone's level gets balanced out when they rejoin.

Reine
12-30-2005, 09:03 AM
Yes, I know that bit, but they level up as you do, while your of in the Munar Ruins or the Moons Core or wherever you are..which sucks

boys from the dwarf
12-30-2005, 03:04 PM
also to add more questions, when will FF4 ADV be out in england and also what are the differences to the original.

RaidenWeb17
12-30-2005, 09:45 PM
The offical guide has a bestairy for it. But i dont know about the random leveling thing as this is the first version of FFIV I have played

Yeargdribble
12-31-2005, 02:44 AM
Indeed the random leveling seems to have come along into this one. I'd honestly suggest not continuing to leveling like crazy at this point if you are a completionist. There are many missable monsters in the game and you need to have a complete Bestiary to get the Hero Shield.

I'd suggest some of the guides at GameFAQs to help you get all of the one-timers for your Bestiary.

Reine
12-31-2005, 03:25 AM
Thing is, my party is very near level 70..Kain is on level 69...

Memoria
01-04-2006, 11:24 PM
I played FFIV Hardtype in my FF: Chronicles PSX set, and I was wondering if that also included the "random levels". I've never heard of this occurance (or I didn't notice it). Would someone mind explaining, please?

Reine
01-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Yes, the random level ups are in the PSX version

Memoria
01-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Yes, the random level ups are in the PSX version

Okay so they are there. But WHAT are they? I never noticed them level up randomly, because I tracked the amount of experience each member had...

Alexander
01-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Okay so they are there. But WHAT are they? I never noticed them level up randomly, because I tracked the amount of experience each member had...

With "randon", they mean that you get random status bonuses from level up. I mean, Edward in a level up after Lv70 can get +4 Str in only one level up... or evenLOSE one Str at level up.

Memoria
01-07-2006, 07:30 PM
With "randon", they mean that you get random status bonuses from level up. I mean, Edward in a level up after Lv70 can get +4 Str in only one level up... or evenLOSE one Str at level up.

Oro? Now I'm really confused. Thanks for telling me. That may explain a few things... *thinks about it*