PDA

View Full Version : Power Outages

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Well, I woke up this morning, well this afternoon to be exact, to find out that we were out of power. This is the first time in a long time since we were out of power for more than five minutes. Anyways when is that last time you have a long power otutage and what did you do? I actually digged out my GBC and played Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages.

Chris
12-30-2005, 07:24 PM
We have a generator to start everything up again.

rubah
12-30-2005, 07:32 PM
the last long power outage I remember was several years ago during an ice storm. My parents had decided they were going to cook me a steak (gas stove) when the lights came back onxD

the last outage we had was a few weeks ago when this incredibly huge storm with tornados in it came up :O the lights didn't stay off very long though.

At least it's not like in the Philippines where they have to plan their power outages. :/

Chris
12-30-2005, 07:33 PM
At least it's not like in the Philippines where they have to plan their power outages. :/
That's a lie. Well not really, that's why everybody here (who can afford it) has their own generator. :D

Shoeberto
12-30-2005, 07:34 PM
The last power outage we had was when something inexplicably went wrong with the line. It was at some time when it was still getting dark early, so the power guy was out there working in total darkness. And it was cold. Kinda felt bad for him. I don't remember what happened, though. It wasn't snowy or icey or anything. It just kind of happened.

Madonna
12-30-2005, 07:38 PM
I lost power once.

I was ousted not too long ago out of my native country for being an imbecilic dictator, but I returned with a highly trained squad of foreign mercenaries and took back was rightfully mine. I also created a monument of piled corpses to remind the people not to do it again.

Our electricity went out once. I murdered the electric company's president in return and instated a puppet in his place.

Rye
12-30-2005, 07:42 PM
We have a few now and then, but we had an enormous one a few years ago on the North East coast. I think all of NY was down for about a day. It really sucked. :(

Rainecloud
12-30-2005, 08:12 PM
My light bulb had a power outage when it blew up a few weeks ago.

I later replaced it with a shiny new one.

Suikojowy
12-30-2005, 09:11 PM
I've never had one in this house, but we used to get them every couple of months in my old area.

Miriel
12-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Los Angeles had a city-wide power outage a couple months ago. And people freaked out. I didn't freak out though, I was happy cause classes were cancelled.

Yamaneko
12-30-2005, 09:20 PM
I almost ended my life when I couldn't use the computer for five minutes one time the power went out.

kikimm
12-30-2005, 09:47 PM
We had one a few months ago that went out for a long time. I played chess!

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
12-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Nope not here ever where i live but when i was visiting my family in Dominican Republic the power went out loads of times.I dunno why but yeah it did. Its beautiful there and all but it sucks when the power goes out daily.

ffxfreak93
12-30-2005, 10:24 PM
the longest was probably 15 min

Venom
12-30-2005, 10:32 PM
Longest was a week, lucky as Hell that wasnt during the winter.:D

Reine
12-31-2005, 12:22 AM
I swear, the name of this thread was "Power Ownages" when I entered...

Anyway, I hate em, Im usually playing on PS2 when it happens, or PC

Yuffie514
12-31-2005, 03:16 AM
last power outage...last October (oooh). i think it lasted about three hours and all i did was light candles around the house. why be afraid of the dark when your favorite color is black...

Rusty
12-31-2005, 04:23 AM
The last blackout here was about a 2 months ago. It went on for about five hours. Very boring. All I did was read and eat. Mostly eat, because reading and making sure the candle does't set the pages a light is difficult.

Slade
12-31-2005, 05:30 AM
The last one I remember was during the day, so it didnt affect me much. Especially since I was going to someones house. But the last one that affected me was last year sometime when I went to visit my parents. They live out in the country and it was windy, the wind must have knocked the power out. The annoying thing was I was watching TV. It went out and I sat for a bit thinking it wouldn't take long to come back on. It didnt. But by the time it did my show was over. So I decided to read a book. About two pages in it happened again. The power wasn't turned back on till eleven o'clock the next day. I had to have a shower in the dark and everything.........Although they can be pretty annoying, I find power cuts quite exciting. Same with earthquakes.

escobert
12-31-2005, 06:58 AM
Every winter the power goes out. Powers always out here. *curses Yankee Power Company*