PDA

View Full Version : Low LvL's

w2hunter
12-30-2005, 08:15 PM
i have played ff8 cents it came out. i have never totally beatin it i have goten to the end and forgot about it probly 3 times. so i recently started it over. i just read about something sayin staying low lvls. i guess i never tried that. someone please explane to me how this works.

1. do you just not fight any thing and go threw the story and every thing u fight is low then to?
2. What about omega wepon isnt he always supose to be lvl 100? isnt he FRIGGIN hard?
3. I know the monster you fight are the lvl they are bassed on your lvl's but does that take into count the charecters not actully fighting but in your group? Like if you are useing 3 lvl 20's to fight but have 3 lvl 100's not fight?

Shin Gouken
12-31-2005, 12:10 AM
the enemies and bosses are generally designed to match your level. staying a low level means they stay a low level but wont make a huge amount of difference, exept for that a) battles will go faster beacause the enemies have less hp and b) it'll be harder finding some rare items which are only dropped by high level enemies

TheSpoonyBard
12-31-2005, 12:51 AM
1. You can have as many battles as you want as long as you Card the enemies to prevent you receiving EXP.
2. Omega Weapon and the monsters on the ICTH/H are always Lv100 regardless of your party level, so they do pose a larger problem than most other enemies.
3. The monster's level is 80-120% of the average of the three characters in your current party. Characters not in the party aren't counted.

it'll be harder finding some rare items which are only dropped by high level enemies
Use Tonberry's LV Up ability. Lv30 and above qualifies as 'high level'.

Qurange
12-31-2005, 12:51 AM
Actually, it will make a fairly significant difference, if you understand how to refine magic and items. Basically, that's it--just don't run around looking for fights, and use the Card command when you have the chance, and so forth, and you'll stay at a low level. Some enemies (like Omega) are permanently high-level, but you can still handle them if you play your cards right. As for finding items, refining and using Tonberry's abilities will help that.

It varies, which level the enemies end up, but it's just safest to assume that they'll match your highest level.

w2hunter
12-31-2005, 02:11 AM
Well then what is the lowest lvl's you guys have ever beat the game at?:confused:

TheSpoonyBard
12-31-2005, 02:28 AM
Lv20-ish. I haven't tried to beat it any lower than that.

boys from the dwarf
12-31-2005, 11:07 AM
i always get to level 100 because it not difficult and it make a lot of things in the game easier , i dont do low level things on this though. if you stay at low level it makes the game too easy so i always get to lvl 100, but seems as im realy good at refining and juntioning its still not too challlenging.

Shin Gouken
12-31-2005, 12:50 PM
its far too easy to level up in ffviii. your just playing through and having fun and BANG!! level 100 has sneaked up on you :surprised

raskerino
12-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Also Lv.100 makes it much harder in some ways. First off Ultima varies to your level, at level 20 it's pathetic, at level 100 it has 160,000 life and the highest stats of any enemy in the game. The strongest enemies are much tougher. It utterly changes the game, it's still an easy game but a harder one. The low level game (not challenge) if properly junctioned allows you to own enemies easily except Omega. On the other hand it's not like Omega ever provided a challenge.

a nirvana fan
01-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Personally I haven't tried this but I may have to..hmm

WildRaubtier
01-02-2006, 04:55 AM
It's possible to beat the game with your characters on their original levels. There's only one battle (The G Soldiers in the missle base) that requires you to gain exp, and that can be minimised by having only one character alive and using a GF to defeat them (So the GF recieves the EXP bonus from the kills). All the rest can be negated using Card, Break, or just don't give EXP in the fist place.

The reason staying at a low level makes the game easier is that, even though they level at the same rate as you, enemies actually get stronger a whole lot faster than you do.

Ideally, you want to use Seifer and Edea's brief stays in your party to level your GFs, then use Card and Break to prevent any exp gain. If you have a pocketstation, use it to get items like Str Ups to free up some ability slots on your GFs.

Raposa
01-14-2006, 01:59 AM
What about defeating Omega Weapon with Squall lvl 16, Irvine lvl 16 and Selphie lvl 12, all characters with initial equipments and the ressurection seal in Ulti's castle not broken??:D
This time I played the game I focused on beat it the fastest I could do, and finally I got my Omega Proof in 11hours:52minutes! (total game time, not the time I spent fighting OW).

TheSpoonyBard
01-14-2006, 02:00 AM
Care to elaborate on the battle proceedings?

Raposa
01-14-2006, 02:34 PM
The level your characters are isn't that important. Id doesn't make such a difference if your level is 20 or 80, as long as you have the proper junction and magic and weapons. Tha challenge was not to finish him with low level but in the fastest time. So I didn't waste time, not even to buy a potion. Squall's Renzokuken causes 800~1000 damage and I only had a dozen bullets for Irvine's Shot. Thus the best way to defeat OW in that condition is by using Selphie's The End finishing move! It's simple but not that easy. I had Irvine and Squall using Meteor/Ultima Stone on him to give me some time to search for "The End". It took me 7 days of countless battles to finish the job! :D After a milion "do over" I finally could cast the maledito The End! HEhehe!!

TheSpoonyBard
01-14-2006, 03:43 PM
You used The End? That's hardly something to boast about.

Raposa
01-14-2006, 05:24 PM
No, I boast about the time to get the Omega Proof...
anyway

rincewind
01-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Although the monsters and bosses level with the characters, is there an advisable level to be on at certain parts of the game?:confused:
I remember not being able to defeat the tank with those 6 pods in the missile base, until i levelled up a bit...:)

I was a lot younger then and definitely much less intelligent...so maybe my junctions/junctioning and general gameplay was just crap?:p