PDA

View Full Version : PSP gets some Mega lovin'

Rase
12-30-2005, 08:48 PM
Some of you may have already heard of this, but i didn't see a thread, so here you go.

First, there's Mega Man: Powered Up. (http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/rockmanrockman/index.html) Basically, it's a "remixed" version of the original Mega Man for the NES. The graphics are obviously improved, with everything looking more cartoon-ish. Some of the new fetures included being able to play as all eight of the original bosses, and being able to create and download custom, user-made levels. There is also reportedly a Mega Man Challenge 100 mode, where players can teste thier skill with 100 differet challenges with unique objectives.

Secondly we have Mega Man Maverick Hunter X. (http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/irregularhunterx/index.html?q=Ega%20Man%20Maverick%20Hunter%20X) Another remake, this one is of the original Mega Man for the SNES. As with Powered Up, it's recieved a graphical boost. There are also new cutscenes before each boss, and voice actors will deliver the in game dialogue. Locations of items and enemies have changed in order to keep everyone on thier toes. Finally, after completing the game, players will be able to play as X's nemesis, Vile.

So, if you're a fan of Mega Man or want to see what everyone's talking about, these would be two good places to start, if you've got a PSP. :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-31-2005, 06:19 AM
Some of you may have already heard of this, but i didn't see a thread, so here you go.There was a thread, but it's rather old now.
Some of the new fetures included being able to play as all eight of the original bossesThe original game only had six main bosses. Two of the bosses in the remake are entirely new.
Secondly we have Mega Man Maverick Hunter X. (http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/irregularhunterx/index.html?q=Ega%20Man%20Maverick%20Hunter%20X) Another remake, this one is of the original Mega Man for the SNES. As with Powered Up, it's recieved a graphical boost. There are also new cutscenes before each boss, and voice actors will deliver the in game dialogue. Locations of items and enemies have changed in order to keep everyone on thier toes. Finally, after completing the game, players will be able to play as X's nemesis, Vile.In addition to Vile Mode, there's also Hard Mode, and there are unlockable cut scenes. It's also worth mentioning that the cut scenes are particularly well-animated cartoons, not CG.

Rengori
12-31-2005, 07:45 AM
Aw crap! I knew there was a reason to not sell my PSP!

Sephex
01-01-2006, 08:58 PM
I heard about the Mega Man remake, but not the Mega Man X one. I am excited for both games!

Giga Guess
02-04-2006, 01:24 AM
Aaaaaand PSP finally has something that intrigues me.

KentaRawr!
02-04-2006, 03:00 AM
I was hoping for a re-release of Megaman X, but why for a system I don't have? :cry:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Uh, Mega Man X1-6 were rereleased as the Mega Man X Collection under a month ago for the PS2, GameCube, and Xbox. You probably have one of those.

Dreddz
02-04-2006, 09:54 AM
I would like to get into Mega Man more, so I might buy one of these two games, maybe....

Giga Guess
02-04-2006, 03:36 PM
I liked the weapon bar at the top to see all the weapons you have access to....see where the weapon switch is at.

KentaRawr!
02-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Uh, Mega Man X1-6 were rereleased as the Mega Man X Collection under a month ago for the PS2, GameCube, and Xbox. You probably have one of those.

O RLY? In that case, I shall go buy it! :D

Crossblades
02-04-2006, 05:33 PM

It's not released for the xbox

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Yeah, not so far. I guess they're waiting to see how the other versions sell before they put it out on the Xbox. Same as the Anniversary Collection.

Crossblades
02-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah, not so far. I guess they're waiting to see how the other versions sell before they put it out on the Xbox. Same as the Anniversary Collection.

Yeah you're probably right