PDA

View Full Version : how bad was altima the final boss

dragon_slayer789
12-30-2005, 10:10 PM
he was awful he should have been so much harder because all my guys had the excalibur which gave them haste bbut my guy and orlandu hits by like 700 normal! i thought that it was going to be so much harder he didnt hit my guys once!!!!!! he kept goin after alma and she always had that mbarrier which gave her reraise. the battle with balk before it was alot hard balk made it so orlanndu couldnt act (very very very bad) i died on that like 5 times and i didnt even get touched on the final boss i thought for all it was made up to be they could have made him so much better he was only hittin alma by 104~!!!!!!!!!!!~ ]
how easy was it for u to beat altima and did u think they could have done a better job

Prancing Mad
12-30-2005, 10:17 PM
I don't care too much about last boss difiiculty, but it was definitely a let-down. Especially when you consider that the secret boss isn't hard either. The game needed a REALLY hard boss in a bad way. Actually, any game that doesn't have a freaky hard boss somewhere in the game, is a bit of a let-down. I mean, what use it getting all the WICKED stuff in the game, if there's nothing that it can be well-used on?

Angel of Death
12-31-2005, 02:24 AM
he was awful he should have been so much harder because all my guys had the excalibur which gave them haste bbut my guy and orlandu hits by like 700 normal!

Why do I get the idea you have more than two Excaliburs? Considering there are only two Excaliburs to acquire in the game by LEGITIMATE means and I've seen a post insinuating the possibility of you cheating, if not with items that I recall, with job points. If you're cheating and don't know why it's so easy, you should be slapped. :tongue:

i thought that it was going to be so much harder he didnt hit my guys once!!!!!! he kept goin after alma and she always had that mbarrier which gave her reraise. the battle with balk before it was alot hard balk made it so orlanndu couldnt act (very very very bad

I take it you didn't have a Thief Hat? Cancel - Don't Act, Don't Move

Perhaps I should mention with Excalibur that Thief Hat suddenly becomes +4 speed. Something to consider, like 50 hit points over the Twist Headband, and with a boost of speed that should be around a sixth of what you have, well in most cases you gain more damage over time. Not to mention survivability. (Dark Sword)

Now that I think about it, I forgot to stall the battle to actually see the boss attacks, and I don't have my save game for those last battles. :(

i died on that like 5 times and i didnt even get touched on the final boss i thought for all it was made up to be they could have made him so much better he was only hittin alma by 104~!!!!!!!!!!!~ ]
how easy was it for u to beat altima and did u think they could have done a better job

If Ajora's angel outfit weren't enough of a hint, I think she's a girl. ;)

As I'm sure you could figure out by now, I sweeped Hashmalum and both forms of Ajora. (As in, killed them before they even got to use their turn to attack. Hashmalum started to cast his spell and got obliterated, both Ajora forms didn't even get to move.)

dragon_slayer789
12-31-2005, 05:45 PM
i only cheated a little lol never thought that it had much of an impact except for me starting oout on haste but i could have duplicated the chaos blade now that would have been cheating

Angel of Death
01-01-2006, 05:10 AM
i only cheated a little lol never thought that it had much of an impact except for me starting oout on haste but i could have duplicated the chaos blade now that would have been cheating

You know the best part? Excalibur is potentially BETTER than Chaos Blade.

In any case, I look at cheating as cheating. Not how much cheating, it is simply put, cheating. If it's only a 'little cheating' in your estimation, and the game is easy, then try it with 'NO CHEATING'.

Tatics Master
01-01-2006, 11:07 AM
I think Altima was hard. Just not the hardest boss in the game. That goes to the fight in Roinives(u know what I mean)Castle. And if its really a fact that if your new to the game or if u think back to the 1st time you was playing it he was no joke. For us vets, this fight is a cakewalk. But for newbies its not.

Angel of Death
01-01-2006, 11:24 PM
I think Altima was hard. Just not the hardest boss in the game. That goes to the fight in Roinives(u know what I mean)Castle. And if its really a fact that if your new to the game or if u think back to the 1st time you was playing it he was no joke. For us vets, this fight is a cakewalk. But for newbies its not.

On my first playthrough I lost to Velius the first time, whipped out all the Red Chocobos and toasted him the second time. :love:

Paninipower123
01-02-2006, 12:54 AM
Altima was a crappy final boss. Velius was the hardest in my opinion.

Edgar
01-02-2006, 07:13 PM
lol, next thing we'll say is that the Wiegraf fight should've been the last stage. Or maybe the Goroland Execution Site :p

dragon_slayer789
01-03-2006, 12:39 AM
i think that 1 when u fight weifgraf then velius is the hardest i had to start my game over because my character was not good enough to beat weifgarf. that i think by far was the hardest battle i had no preblems before that battle or after that battle either

hint: the easiest way to beat weifgraf and veliyus is to equip auto potion and have enough x potions in your inventory to go threw the battle and angel it isnt a cheat

Starcrest
01-09-2006, 03:15 AM
man I beat the end boss first try in really short order. I had an ex-dragoon priest, with jump mastered all the way up, he could clear the field, plus with equip lance, he had the best one, jump him once, have Ramza wail on him, have my wizards cast and the priest, when he wasn't in the air heal, it was easy. Weigraf though, at the execution site, took me FOREVER, because my people sucked :cry: , so i too had to start over, but it was for the better because I knew what to expect now, and I beat him first try again. There were only a few select missions, the execution site included, that gave me a hard time, and the final stage wasn't one of them

Sefie1999AD
01-09-2006, 09:20 AM
I don't think Altima was that hard, although Grand Cross really messed up my party once when he managed to cast it.

If Ajora's angel outfit weren't enough of a hint, I think she's a girl.

I think there's several times in the game Ajora is referred to as "he". I think he's just somewhat bishounen in the angel form, which isn't anything new in Final Fantasy games when you consider what some other FF villains look like. :D

i think that 1 when u fight weifgraf then velius is the hardest i had to start my game over because my character was not good enough to beat weifgarf. that i think by far was the hardest battle i had no preblems before that battle or after that battle either

hint: the easiest way to beat weifgraf and veliyus is to equip auto potion and have enough x potions in your inventory to go threw the battle and angel it isnt a cheat

The same for me, except I had a save before entering Riovanes (fortunately), so I leveled up Ramza as a chemist enough to have Auto Potion. By the way, do you need the chemist ability X-Potion to make Ramza use X-Potions as his Auto Potion move, or will he automatically be able to use the best potion available when he uses the Auto Potion ability? Anyway, Wiegraf/Velius was hard, but I thought Balk (in the final dungeon) was even more horrible, even with Orlandu. :mad2: There's that annoying chemist healing everyone, the dragons with their devastating multi-hit spells, the gap between you and your enemies and probably other things making it even harder (it's been a while since I played the game).

yuno
01-23-2006, 06:37 AM
Why do I get the idea you have more than two Excaliburs? Considering there are only two Excaliburs to acquire in the game by LEGITIMATE means and I've seen a post insinuating the possibility of you cheating, if not with items that I recall, with job points. If you're cheating and don't know why it's so easy, you should be slapped. :tongue:

wrong.the amount of LEGITIMATE excaliburs in the game is unlimited.

catch.ninja.horror.you get my point.

if you know what to do,basically everything gets so so so much easier,just like altima.

conan
01-23-2006, 10:19 AM
auto potion can use any potion you have, regular, hi, or X, even if you havent actually learned how to use them individually, you can still use any with auto potion.

Angel of Death
01-23-2006, 11:09 PM
wrong.the amount of LEGITIMATE excaliburs in the game is unlimited.

Okay, so I forgot about that at the time of the post. However, I wouldn't put it beyond him. He's already admitted to duplication on a couple occassions. :rolleyes2

As well, the 9,999 job points bug.

yuno
01-24-2006, 07:56 AM
Okay, so I forgot about that at the time of the post. However, I wouldn't put it beyond him. He's already admitted to duplication on a couple occassions. :rolleyes2

As well, the 9,999 job points bug.
duplication?why duplicate when you can catch?oh well,i guess dragon slayer did cheat.might have wanted a less time-consuming way.but,still cheated.^_^

Dark Messenger
01-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Is breeding and poaching of Uribo/Porky/Wildbow for Chantage and Ribbon cheating? The first Uribo you see is in the swamp in Chapter 2... sometimes. And Chantage and Ribbon each cost 30000 gil! And only females can equip them! Except for Cloud and the Ribbon...

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Breeding and Poaching is most certainly NOT cheating. That's what they're there for. Certainly not to FIGHT with.

Ziekfried
01-28-2006, 01:55 AM
YO! also a good way to make quick cash.

Crossblades
01-28-2006, 03:17 AM
Just beat the game today. It was surprisingly easy