PDA

View Full Version : "Baten Kaitos" for the GCN

Fate Fatale
12-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Who has this game? if so, where ar you at in it and do you like it?

Any other questions about the game I'd be happy to answer!

Me?
I've just beaten the boss at the Celestial Tree and showed the End Magnus to Queen Correlia. I'm about to go to Mira... I love the game!

Post away!

Chris
12-31-2005, 10:41 PM
I have it somewhere, but I haven't even tried it yet. I bought it like 6 months ago and it still lays untouched.

Yuffie514
01-01-2006, 01:19 AM
i just beat the first boss, and gained a few levels with Kalas and Xelha. but that's all the progress i made. it will take more than this to make me love the GameCube the same way i do for PlayStation 2...

Fate Fatale
01-01-2006, 01:23 AM
Mandika: Well, you should probably go find it! it's really awesome.. I found it a tad awkward with the whole leveling stuff, but after awhile it's cool!

Yuffaye: Kepp playing... You get a buch more charas that may spark your interest... I sometimes have issues with my GCN because of the game selection, but what do you mean "love"?

Crossblades
01-01-2006, 03:49 AM
I want to buy this game, but there's always another game that comes out and I wound up getting that instead:(

You do know there's a sequel being released right?

Raven Nox
01-01-2006, 03:54 AM
I've been looking for the game because I just got a Gamecube and want to play it bad, but no where I look has it. xD;

DMKA
01-01-2006, 04:06 AM
I bought it, played it for awhile, hated the battle system and the way the characters looked, and then sold it.

Mittopotahis
01-01-2006, 05:38 AM
I want to buy it, but I am not sure exactly if I should. can someone tell me a bit about the gameplay?

Markus. D
01-01-2006, 06:52 AM
think... a little Baton, and then add in some chaos.

you have a game where you have to cheerlead :D

Yuffie514
01-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Yuffaye: Kepp playing... You get a buch more charas that may spark your interest... I sometimes have issues with my GCN because of the game selection, but what do you mean "love"?

oh, i'm not saying i hate Baten Kaitos. i found it to be an interesting game. i just need to get some new RPGs since this is the only one i have for GameCube, xD.

NM
01-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Baten Kaitos is a good RPG. The battle system takes some getting used to and I can see why it would put some people off, but I enjoyed it. I got it last year and it took quite awhile to finish. About 60 hours in total and that was just the main story, I didn't do any side quests or anything like that.

The only problem with the battle system is the random order in which you get delt a selection of your cards in battle. It can be annoying when it come's to a characters turn and you can't do anything because you have no attack magnus to select. But apart from that the system works great. It's especially nice when you manage to string a straight together running from 9 down to 1 for a massive combo.

For those that haven't played the game, if you select cards in numerical order or with the same number, you can increase the damage of your attacks or reduce the amount of damage you take when defending. It adds some stratagy to the battles and makes you think fast as you only have a set time limit to select your cards on your turn. At the beggining of the game you can take as long as you like, but as you increase your deck level (Allowing you to hold more cards for use in battle.) you get less time to decide what you want to do.

If you have a GameCube and you like your RPG's i'd definitely recommend it.

crono_logical
01-01-2006, 03:31 PM
I only have the soundtrack, not the game :p Sakuraba's compositions tend to have a number of decent tracks in them :p

Germ Hamee
01-02-2006, 01:32 AM
I was addicted to that game for a long time, and for some reason I quit. I remember loving the battle system, and the music was great. It was actually very, very Chrono Crossy. In fact, a few of the maps look as if they were ripped straight from CC. Little surprise, with many of the same staff members.

Fate Fatale
01-02-2006, 10:47 PM
think... a little Baton, and then add in some chaos.

you have a game where you have to cheerlead :D

umm... no... you don't "cheerlead" don't know if you are bashing the game, or saying that it's too easy, but i have to say, "SHUT UP!"

anyway,s I think the baton you are referring to is Xella's wand. you never even really use it, so why even bother to say that it is there...

Mittopotahis: It is really a good game... battle system take awhile to get used as said, but the story gets really enveloping... umm, just get i, but if you decide to not get it, at least rent it...

Raven Nox: Try looking in Target.. (if you live in the US...)

Slicksword45
01-02-2006, 10:57 PM
My friend has it (i got no GC) and i played it. I had alot of fun

Later my friend sold it when it became "Too hard":mad:
if he wants a game thats "too hard" he should play Xenosaga

Markus. D
01-02-2006, 11:03 PM
umm... no... you don't "cheerlead" don't know if you are bashing the game, or saying that it's too easy, but i have to say, "SHUT UP!"

anyway,s I think the baton you are referring to is Xella's wand. you never even really use it, so why even bother to say that it is there...

Mittopotahis: It is really a good game... battle system take awhile to get used as said, but the story gets really enveloping... umm, just get i, but if you decide to not get it, at least rent it...

Raven Nox: Try looking in Target.. (if you live in the US...)

:mad:

I love Baten Kaitos.

so dont pay it out okay.

Fate Fatale
01-02-2006, 11:05 PM
heh, sorry about that! i just thought you were another mindless basher!

Raven Nox
01-03-2006, 12:02 AM
Target? Would they actually have it? xD I haven't been there in a long time, there was a used bideo game store in Redwood City I was gonna try, Target's right next to it, I'll look there I guess, thanks.

X-Dragon
01-03-2006, 12:53 AM
I've beaten the game like twice but now I have no idea where it is

Fate Fatale
01-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Can someone help me with the Goldobos Fight with Giacomo, Amy, and Golos .. dunno if I spelled them right, but you get the idea... I need help!