PDA

View Full Version : Advance Wars help

Rengori
01-01-2006, 01:37 AM
Can anyone give me hints on how to win the final mission in Advance Wars?

Lord Chainsaw
01-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Not that it is going to make or break the fight, but Grit is a good choice to have as an ally. That could be my preference on strategy, so it doesn't matter that much.

I've always found it easier to finish the final battle by destroying all the Black Hole troops. The HQ is extremely hard to capture. Little by little, if you start taking the bases and airports without worrying about making a rush for the HQ, you'll find the tide turning in your favor.

And the most important thing you need to know is how to avoid Meteor Strike. The AI is stupid. It doesn't prioritze with meteor strike. It just looks for the most units, meaning if you have 8 infantry units lined up in a grid, it will hit those instead of 5 medium tank units lined up in a grid. Definitely create some infantry, stack them together and let them be the scape goats.

Rengori
01-01-2006, 02:03 AM
I think you're thinking of a different AW, I'm talking about the first one.

But the thing about the meteor strike will help greatly.

Endless
01-01-2006, 09:19 AM
http://awrevival.netfirms.com/aw1index_baek.htm

Cruise Control
01-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Um, I always build LOTS of mid-tanks and APCs (for fuel and ammo). Slowly advance wiping out his units. Don't even bother capturing his stuff, just put a unit on them.