PDA

View Full Version : Lyrics-Writing Help

Kirobaito
01-01-2006, 07:02 AM
Well, I've finally written a song that I like. Unfortunately, it has no lyrics.

Help me.

I've tried. I just can't. =\

Here's the music to it.

http://www.snowy-day.net/kirobaito/Song1.mp3

(capo 3)
It's got a line of intro (G Em C D)

Then two lines of verse (G Em C D again, twice)

Then two lines of bridge (starts with Em)

Then the chorus, which is:

G D C D G Em C G Am C D
G D C D G Em C G Am D G

And then a slightly modified version of the intro as an outro.

Hopefully upon hearing the music you'll understand this notation.

If ANYBODY can help me, or at least give any lyric-writing tips, it would be appreciated.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-01-2006, 07:20 AM
I'm not very good at it myself, but I can recommend a wonderful tool. There's a book that I have, The Complete Rhyming Dictionary. It's a bit weird in construction (since there are columns for a lot of sound endings and the like) but it can definitely help when making poems, lyrics, and the like.

crashNUMBERS
01-01-2006, 07:32 AM
That's really good Kiro!! Writing lyrics are easy for me. I'll try to help you. And you know what the thing is. I write lyrics before coming up with a melody, so it should be even easier now that you got one. Let's see. It sounds like a sad song. What I do when trying to write a song is to listen to a nother song that would sound like it and pretend you're that band who is singing that song but with a whole new roster of lyrics. Then when you got a song and is happy with it then try to come up with a melody similar to the song you heard or a whole new melody that would still suit the song. But that's how I do it. This shouldn't be so hard. You already have your melody set up and ready. But you know what's the problem here?? You don't have a topic. You don't have a main topic for your song. If you have that then you can write lyrics in a breeze. Like with the song you were just playing on that site, it sounds like a rather sad song. So all you have to do is get a topic, think about it, and write your song. I hope this helped. I think it should but hey, that's my demented mind...