PDA

View Full Version : Is this better than Final Fantasy X?

a nirvana fan
01-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Final Fantasy X is a really really amazing game, and I also think Final Fantasy X-2 is too, so what would you say is the better game and why?

Soul of Tarsis
01-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Well, FFX has a much better story line, characters, and theme. However, FFX-2 has better game play, mini games and side quests. Basically, I just consider them one game split over two volumes (this is essentially what it is anyway…), with the first half being more plot driven, and the second half being more gameplay driven. It’s a matter of preference as to which you feel is superior.

Primus Inter Pares
01-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Oh, yeah, put it in the X-2 forum, that'll give you perfectly non-biased opinions.

It's also clearly X

Venom
01-01-2006, 04:26 PM
...I thought this thread was out of sarcasm:(

Suikojowy
01-01-2006, 04:29 PM
...I thought this thread was out of sarcasm:(

Ditto.

X>X-2

Little Blue
01-01-2006, 05:12 PM
X-2 is easily the best. It beats X, and if this topic considered all other FF's, it would own them too.

*laughs at people who believes that*

On a serious note, while X-2 had better gameplay and extra stuff, X had nice characters, plot twists, a plot to twist and Auron, so I think X was better

SummonerYuna
01-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Ffx. I have always thought that ffx-2 would be better, but it's not. X has a better story to it and the charecters are better too.( Cuz of Auron) and the battle system was awsome too. Ffx-2 was bascially a girly game.

tifayuna
01-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Final Fantasy X-2

Rikku X-2
01-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Final Fantasy X-2 Is Better

kissgirls
01-01-2006, 07:30 PM
I do like FFX, but.... I love FFX-2
so FFX-2

4evarisha
01-01-2006, 08:58 PM
I think ffx is a better 1.

Jessweeee♪
01-01-2006, 09:07 PM
I prefer X. I don't really like mission-based games like that so much, it's basically go here, do this, go there, get that (but I did like Threads of Fate). If I was bored and just looking for a game to play for just a short while, I'd go to X-2, but if I wanted a kick-ass FF game, I'd play FFX.

mega_tonberry
01-01-2006, 09:46 PM
I always like games that are about substance not style so FFX is better.

Slade
01-02-2006, 05:34 AM
FFX was better. X-2 was fun but lacked in alot of ways.

Primus Inter Pares
01-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Yeah, but frankly, both games were rather crap.

Setzer Gabianni
01-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Wow, we have wonderful responses coming from people who are voting for FFX-2..
please, it would help if you explained why the game was better.. *smirks*

I chose X, because it had a more captivating storyline and better cast of playable characters.

Having 3 in X-2 was a bitter disappointment. Cannot go wrong with the dresspheres though. Highly enjoyable to use.

Pauten
01-02-2006, 10:57 AM
I prefear X-2 because i did not like the sphear grid from X at all. I prefear to level up.

Isis
01-02-2006, 06:39 PM
I like X-2's music but I really did not like the emphasis on the 'modern' outfits that the girls wore.
X had a more serious storyline and explained its characters more. It was more 'calm' I guess and had a deeper meaning. X-2 was just 'Are you tidus?' and being a popstar posessed by some older one... and running around in a skimpy outfit.
*giggle*

Jessweeee♪
01-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Yeah, the sphere grid I didn't care for, but I guess it fits better for that game than leveling up. Dress spheres were fun, but I preffered having several characters to switch

*iloveme06*
01-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Don't get me wrong, I LOVED FFX-2, but-the bitzball game was confusing for me, and the fact that you can only play it during chapter 5. . .yeah.

I like the music and stuff. . .but, I don't know. Compared to FFX, FFX-2 just seemed WAY too easy for me, while FFX on the other hand-I still haven't finished.

Another thing would be the story lines. I got FFX, and that was the first final fantasy game I ever played. . .FFX-2, well, I KINDA got it at the end, and even then, there are still some parts I just don't understand.

a nirvana fan
01-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Oh, yeah, put it in the X-2 forum, that'll give you perfectly non-biased opinions.

It's also clearly X

If I posted this in the FFX forum, someone like you would compain aswell so...

Soul of Tarsis
01-03-2006, 11:31 AM
That's why you would post it in General FF instead ;)

Markus. D
01-03-2006, 01:13 PM
there both pretty balanced.

Fluid storylines, nice role of characters, awesome battlesystems.

so, none of them. Devil May Cry 3.

Tabris
01-03-2006, 03:56 PM
I find X to be way much better than X-2. Because of the atmosphere, the seriousness of the story, the characters, the battle-system, the complexity of the gameplay... I think X-2 is fun, but it's no doubt way too girly (and I'm a girl!) and superficial to even be in the same league as X.

a nirvana fan
01-03-2006, 06:37 PM
That's why you would post it in General FF instead ;)

Well I suppose..hehe

Renmiri
01-04-2006, 02:34 AM
FFX has much better story, more playable characters, better music, better blitzball... so yeah, it is better.

FFX2 doesn't even stand alone as a game IMHO, as you need to have played FFX to follow most of the story.
But it does have a great battle system and I do prefer leveling up than fighting with that complicated sphere grid.
Not a bad game, just not as good as FFX.

raskerino
01-04-2006, 02:51 AM
I liked how in FFX the character had something odd, they developed, an amazing rarity in FFX-2 if it ever occurs, which would be a difficult case to argue... possibly Paine but she doesn't actually change which loses the sense of development. I also liked how FFX had decent backstories while X-2 didn't add anything. Another advantage was the entire storyline. X-2 was like a mini game, a fun add on- but it doesn't have a lot of value to me for it's own sake. It's enjoyable but not a full game. I prefered the gameplay in X as the enemies posed more challenge, and the out of battle system was interesting vs. practically non-existent. The graphic sense (except for the cleavage) was better done to my eyes in X. All in all as you might have guessed I think X is a better done game. And I'd like to note the incredible depth and discerning judgement seen in the posts by X-2 fans.

Soul of Tarsis
01-04-2006, 08:05 AM
And I'd like to note the incredible depth and discerning judgement seen in the posts by X-2 fans.

To be a fair, a lot of the FFX fan's posts are pretty lacking as well...

Markus. D
01-04-2006, 08:13 AM
I find X to be way much better than X-2. Because of the atmosphere, the seriousness of the story, the characters, the battle-system, the complexity of the gameplay... I think X-2 is fun, but it's no doubt way too girly (and I'm a girl!) and superficial to even be in the same league as X.

superficial.... youre just as bad as the other haters....

how is it superficial?

and well... how the fuck was it to girly?

just cause it didnt have some guy as the hero.... you all make me sick! :mad2:

Setzer Gabianni
01-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Oh give over love. Stop rising up to the anti - comments.

If people have specific tastes, they have specific tastes.

You play with 3 main characters, and they are in your face 24/7. Girlieness explained.

People make you sick? Sheesh, grow up man/woman.

It's a game, and this one in particular is bound to get crap reviews.

Hold your head up high, FFX-2 fan.

Soul of Tarsis
01-04-2006, 08:32 AM
superficial.... youre just as bad as the other haters....

how is it superficial?

and well... how the smurf was it to girly?

Jesus Christ, that was a little much.

As unimportant as it is, FFX-2 IS very, very girly. There is no denying that, I'm surprised that you would even try. I agree that superficial wasn't the right word to use though. The game has depth, it just doesn't come across that way because of the game’s true failing: It can be rather childish. At some points, the game is very emotionally gripping, yet at times it plays out like a Saturday morning cartoon; usually at a very inappropriate moment (eg LeBlanc, right before you fight Vegnagun). It takes effort to take the game seriously after all of the INCREDIBLY lame Gullwing jokes that it throws at you every so often.

Primus Inter Pares
01-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Don't hate, love... me specifically :jokey:

-odin-
01-07-2006, 03:09 PM
whats good in ffX is the characters and storyline..
i dnt like the battle system.. blitzball!! theres no thrill.. waiting for ur enemy to attack or waiting for u to attack?? wth?

in ffx2 i like tha battle system.. fast-paced and more exciting.. [for me] some..dresspheres kinda make it corny.. but it depends if u like seeing them in different attires.. what sucks in ffx2 is you HAVE to visit EVERY town in every chapter to complete the game.. it makes it kinda long and harder.. but its all good!! blitzball kinda sucks you cnt do strategy at all, but i like it better coz its much faster to end.. lol..

but the most awesome part of ffx2 w/c all FF hasnt is the New Game Plus mode.. yay! Finally, u can continue ur game with all ur items, accessories and DSP.. shweet! more gameplay and time to explore! get that 100% Complete! [now theres another goal besides beating the game]

escobert
01-07-2006, 05:03 PM
What isn't better then X? Oh right it's sequal.

Tabris
01-07-2006, 10:24 PM
superficial.... youre just as bad as the other haters...

how is it superficial?

and well... how the smurf was it to girly?

I am sorry that this may be a bit off-topic, but I need to clarify some things regarding the quoted post.

As I said in the post Tsukasa is referring to, I think X-2 is fun. I did not say that I hate it.

To answer your question, I find it superficial and girly because of the way the persons was portrayed, and the way they acted. The coolness factor overshadows the story, in my opinion. Especially Rikku, I found shallow in both games. And when Yuna lost the religious devotion, they played on her shallow and "fun" sides a bit too much. But that is just my opinion (as this thread asks for peoples opinions, that's what I wrote). You are of course intitled to disagree.

And when it comes to male heroes, that has nothing to do with my opinion. In X, I preferred both Yuna and Lulu before any of the male characters.

If people that disagrees with you makes you sick, maybe it would be better for your health to stay away from threads that can contain opinions that differs from yours.

Lord_BeTzE
01-08-2006, 12:02 AM
I think It is a empty game... There aren't Aeons, weapons.. and there are only 3 characters. So, FFX-2 is the funnest. I hate the perfect final... It's... too lovely. Despite all, I like it.

~SapphireStar~
01-08-2006, 01:26 AM
I prefered X2 because it applied to a female fan RPG audience and it was fun :D Annoying at times yes, but the OST, dresspheres made up for it!

theres no thrill.. waiting for ur enemy to attack or waiting for u to attack?? wth?
You have just complained about the entire FF series's battle system (minus CC and 11).

Lycaon
01-08-2006, 06:34 PM
You have just complained about the entire FF series's battle system (minus CC and 11).

I think....maybe he was talking about the slower battle system of FFX compared to FFX-2, but i might be wrong. Alternatively, he might have the battle system set up to where the battle "freezes" every time its someone's turn, you can easily change that in the options mode.

Which i would agree on the battle system also btw, X's seems a lot slower. But i still can't decide, i like them both, and since now I have them both on my computer, i just strung them together as one game. :D :D :D

yunafan11
01-25-2006, 10:45 PM
Hands down final fantasy x-2 is way better. I mean you can chose a different story every time you play.

Setzer Gabianni
01-26-2006, 06:58 AM
Um...no you can't =/ They all basically follow the same route, there are just little changes.

=/

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Um...no you can't =/ They all basically follow the same route, there are just little changes.

=/

Yes, but you can change some of the scenes... lol. I mean, instead of seeing the same scene everytime you play, you can like, not. LOL. And there are what 4 or 5 different endings?

Setzer Gabianni
01-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Yes, but you can change some of the scenes... I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. I mean, instead of seeing the same scene everytime you play, you can like, not. I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. And there are what 4 or 5 different endings?

XD Why do you keep repeating that sentence? >.o

Thing is..with the endings...they're really shoddy, and the Perfect Ending is certainly not worth playing for.

BlueMageOne
01-27-2006, 02:53 AM
Yes, but you can change some of the scenes... I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. I mean, instead of seeing the same scene everytime you play, you can like, not. I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. And there are what 4 or 5 different endings?

Jumping around from quest to quest without some sort of linear progression isn't a storyline.

Tanith
02-01-2006, 08:17 AM
Well, I've only played X-2 so far and haven't reached the end yet...but I can see why some would accuse it of being a little too 'prettied up' with costumes, girly behaviour, sing-songy etc. which I suppose detracts from the seriousness of the game and any sort of character development. But I have to give them credit for the aesthetics all the same. Stunning images, fantastic scenery, awesome dressphere changes etc.

But seeing as so many of you preferred X, I now cant wait to buy it! :D:D Is the gameplay similar?

DeathKnight
02-01-2006, 08:23 AM
:choc2: this is a CARELESSLY constructed thread:choc2:

-First of all, X and X-2 go together storywise. So if you wanna compare games, you should ALWAYS have the FFX series together.

-Second of all, it is POINTLESS to compare these two games since they're connected.

-Thirdly of all, if you want to compare them, you can.........but it isn't justifiable since one is a fresh game and the other one is a follow-up, I just don't see how could compare them

RPGS are NOT about the fighting sytem though FFX's was better, but clearly FFX-2 was based on the story.

PS: I do like your opening statement though (to thread starter)

teaandmachines
02-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Final Fantasy X-2 seems like a waste of time. I mean, a whole Chapter is Yuna's Concert. There are pointless missions. The boss(es) are a joke. Final Fantasy X-2 just doesn't exactly... do it for most people. And don't even get me started on the ending.

And there are what 4 or 5 different endings?
^ & That's another thing I don't like. There's like 598548362 endings and I bet they're all the same. Tidus and Yuna kissing and hugging and telling eachother how much they've missed eachother... I have beaten the game and I got the "Good" (whatever that was) ending. You can't tell me you thought the ending was emotional, or like.. dramatic because we all knew that was going to happen.

I'm really done this time.

Yuna_wannabe
02-03-2006, 11:10 PM
I definitly prefer 10-2. It was a girlish game but heck i am a girl and loved it. Loved yuna more in this one too. The only part that was better in 10 was tidus and auron were in 10.

kikimm
02-04-2006, 05:41 PM
I wish X-2 had never been made. FFX was done, I thought. It was great, and there was no need to go back.

So although this game was fun, I think X is far superior.

Rikkugrl12
02-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Final Fantasy X-2 Is Better

i SOOOOO agree. X-2 is like waaaay better than X. i thinks its because theres alot more to do in X-2 i dunno.