PDA

View Full Version : Brave and Faith?

shaggyHarris
01-01-2006, 04:42 PM
What is Brave and Faith used for, does it make a diffrence as too how you characters should play out?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of High/low faith or brave?

BG-57
01-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Brave is a measure of battle prowess. Units with high Brave tend to have more powerful and accurate attacks. It also improves some defensive skills.

Units with low Brave have attacks that are less powerful and accurate. Also units with a Brave of 10 or below turn into a chicken and retreat to a corner of the battlefiled.

The only advantage to low brave is it improves your odds of finding a rare treasure by Move-Find. Subtract a unit's Brave from 100% to calculate the odds.

Faith is a measurement of how spiritual characters are. Characters with high Faith tend to do more damage with attack spells and heal for more with curative magic. They also receive more damage from spells directed at them.

Characters with a Faith of 0 are Innocent and spells won't affect them at all. The Steel Giants are always Innocent.

The tricky thing is to avoid lowering the Brave of any character other than Ramza below 5, since they tend to leave your party. The same is true of characters with a Faith above 95.

Edgar
01-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Brave measures the percentage of your Reaction abilities to work. For more information, search for the Battle Bechanics Guide in GameFAQs. If I'm not wrong though, they gimped the guide and made it simpler to read, but less info than before...

So if your reaction ability is Blade Grasp, chances if it succeeding is equivilent to your Brave. If your Brave is 97, chance of Blade Grasp succeeding is 97%. Same for Hamedo and the Split Damage thingy that calcs have. There may be modifiers for certain reaction abilities, but there is none I know at the moment.

The Formula for Faith is written in the Battle Mechanics Guide. Just look under the Spells section, they should have the formula there. You basically take the base formula for that particular spell cast on your and modify the result with the formula for Faith given in the guide.

The highest you can go with Brave and Faith is 97 and lowest is 3. This is because every 4 Brave/Faith points you increase during a battle via Mediator or Beowulf, 1 point will be permenant. Do the maths from there :). Unless you use the FFTastics or FFTedit tools or some other editor.

And...I don't think there's an advantage for low Brave.

Qurange
01-02-2006, 07:33 PM
There is one advantage to low brave:

Lower brave means a better chance that Move-Find will find something.

BG-57
01-03-2006, 02:09 AM
Specifically it improves the odds of finding a rare item over a common item by Move-Find.

dragon_slayer789
01-03-2006, 02:38 PM
ok i have a question, my characters faith is 85 and he is a mediator and at the end of the battle each time it says warning then the character says "my faith is to st ajora and it is not to fighting" does this mean that he will leave soon and if it does how do i stop it?

BG-57
01-03-2006, 11:32 PM
I've never raised my character's Faith above 70. But it sounds like the game is warning you that it's too high (he'll leave for sure if it rises above 95).

The easiest way to lower Faith is using the Mediator's Solution. One sucessful hit will lower his Faith by 20 points for the battle and 5 points permenantly.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Characters with high faith or low brave will warn you, but they won't actually leave unless they hit the permanent 95 (faith) or permanent 05 (brave).

dragon_slayer789
01-04-2006, 01:07 AM
ok thanks

FinalCetra
01-17-2006, 01:09 AM
I like to keep one of my chars faith at the 80s. I raised one of them to 89, and he hasn't left yet, and is deadly with spells. So far, it seems so long as it stayed below 95, he won't leave.

yuno
01-22-2006, 03:02 PM
max faith=94.beyond that and the character leaves.otherwise,the character stays.

min brave=6.beyond that and the character leaves as well.otherwise,the character stays as well.

all my characters have 97 brave and 94 faith btw.^_^

Ziekfried
01-25-2006, 07:01 PM
YO! I'm not for sure but from my experience it seems brave affects status added by geomancy and other special commands not magic.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Brave does affect the percentage chance of a reaction ability working (subtract Brave from 100, that's the chance that a reaction skill will NOT be used. So if you have 97 Brave there's a 3% chance that the reaction ability will not work).

Not sure about the Geomancer thing, I'll have to check it out.

Also, Ramza can safely have any Brave and Faith, and he will not leave the party. So you can make him at 03 Brave and 97 Faith, for example, but he'll still stay.