PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Problem =/

Max
01-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Ok this is really wierd. I dont have any speakers for my computer ok. So I just use headphones. But for some reason, whenever I stick them into the computer they work for about 3 days. Then one of the speakers in it doesnt work. Is there any reason why this should happen? Ive gone through 3 pairs of headphones because of this.

Samuraid
01-01-2006, 11:03 PM
It could be due to the headphone plug coming loose from the back of the computer. If the headphone plug is only halfway plugged in, you may only get 1 speaker out of 2 working.

Or, if the headphone cord is getting stretched or yanked accidentally, that could cause some damage to the wires inside the cord and may result in one of both of the speakers not working.

Another possibility is that the sound card in the computer has some electronic problem that is causing one of the headphone speakers to blow out. This is not very likely though.

crono_logical
01-02-2006, 01:30 AM
Or, if the headphone cord is getting stretched or yanked accidentally, that could cause some damage to the wires inside the cord and may result in one of both of the speakers not working.I think I've gone through 4 pairs of earphones due to this happenning over the past few years now :p And it's always been the left earpiece to die first too, since that's the side that usually has the shorter cable so gets yanked on more easily :p

3 days seems a bit too short for that to happen though, unless you're really rough with them or move about a lot whilst using them :p I'd say Samuraid's first explanation is the most likely cause - make sure they're still plugged into the speaker socket properly whenever it happens :p

Max
01-02-2006, 01:49 AM
Im starting to think its the headphone jack. Like Samuraid said. Because now every pair of headphones I plug in their now goes out. And I know I dont pull on the headphone cord. The headphones only have 1 cord. But My dad wont let me open the computer at all. He thinks i'll break it even more. =/

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
01-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Some headphones can give out if you use them too much or play sound too loud through them... I'd invest in a pair of really good quiality earphones or speakers... I recommend Sony earphones...