PDA

View Full Version : Tina's life

KoShiatar
01-01-2006, 09:51 PM
Yesterday I replayed the World of Phantom Beasts part, where you find out about Tina's parents. So I realized Emperor Gesthal took her from her parents when she onlt was 2 years old.

Then we see her again in Narche, with a Slave Circlet on her head.

How do you think she spent her life in the meantime?
Is there any hint about that in the game?
Discuss.

Roto13
01-02-2006, 12:57 AM
I would assume she was being mind-controlled the whole time. Although I don't know what that would be needed. She was a baby. She could have been raised to believe anything. As long as she was sheltered.

Neco Arc
01-02-2006, 09:38 AM
She must have visited a gym....

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/snes/ff6/walkthrough/images/5/12.jpg http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/snes/ff6/walkthrough/images/5/13.jpg

blackmage_nuke
01-02-2006, 10:33 AM
I think she was probably living normally untill her powers developed or something, then they put the crown on and she went on a magic killing spree :D

ScottNUMBERS
01-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Who the hell is Tina?

blackmage_nuke
01-02-2006, 01:35 PM
it's Terra's name in the Japanese version of the game

Daryl
01-02-2006, 03:29 PM
I assume that Terra was raised by someone within the Empire until she was old enough for her powers to fully manifest, thus being worth the trouble of being controlled by the slave crown and used in battle.

That or half-espers grow really fast.

Qurange
01-02-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm of a similar opinion, more or less. I think she was raised as a ward of the Empire--with Gestahl himself probably popping in every so often--and trained accordingly, treated with some care. They wouldn't want to waste their precious half-esper, after all--she was probably given some mundane training, too, though I can gather that she was largely isolated.

It wouldn't surprise me if Kefka had taken a rather personal interest in her early in her life, but she doesn't seem inclined to talk much about her time in the Empire. I can't really blame her.

starseeker
01-08-2006, 09:10 PM
She might have been raised by Cid, he oversaw the magi-tek research program. There is a scene where you see Kefka putting the slave crown on her head, she looks grown up. that could be when she became a magitek knight.

xtreme112
01-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Who the hell is Tina?

You beat me to it

Yeah terra was a pretty useless character so...who cares?

Vyk
01-09-2006, 01:07 AM
o_O;; I won't argue with you about your opinion, but I have to say that's the first time I've seen anyone call her useless. I have a particular fondness for her, but her usefulness isn't all biased with me. Her morph comes in very handy later in the game.

As for the topic, most people seem to think similarly to me. I honestly never really thought much about it, but those are the assumptions I had. I suppose it wouldn't be beyond the empire's code to abduct average children too. Training them to be more regular soldiers. They coulda just threw her in with them until she developed in her own unique way.

Slade
01-09-2006, 04:41 AM
You beat me to it

*dies* Terra is one of my all time favorite FF characters.........you sadden me xtreme112 :cry:
But we're all entitled to our opinions :D

abrojtm
01-09-2006, 04:49 AM

She has the second highest raw magic power next to Relm, and learns a lot of spells without Espers. Nevertheless, I'm more partial to Celes... or neither.

Neco Arc
01-09-2006, 06:58 AM
*dies* Terra is one of my all time favorite FF characters.........you sadden me xtreme112 :cry:

i agree as well...