PDA

View Full Version : PSP

crashNUMBERS
01-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Got one. This is cool. Various questions though. How do I go online? Is the memory stick the memory card?? Do I share the same stick's memory for music and saved game files?? How do I put gaming ROMs onto my PSP?? I'm just curious 'cause my bro got one for us. And this way I can play ROMs a better way because I hate playing them on the computer. It makes me feel rather wierd. Dunno why. Help, plzkthx...

a nirvana fan
01-02-2006, 11:12 AM
I can answer some...

Q1.Do I share PSP save files with music, video and pics?
A: Yes you do.

Q2.How do I play ROMS?
Depends what firmware you have, if it's 2.00 or higher, than you cannot, but if you downgrade it, you are able to play roms on it.

Q3.How do I get online?
Well first of all you need a online game, then well I don't really know much more about this, read the manual or visit www.yourpsp.com for more help.

crashNUMBERS
01-02-2006, 06:44 PM
For ROMs, what do you mean by down grade it??

Maxico
01-02-2006, 07:08 PM
To get online you need access to a wireless router.

Even with that it took me alot of filling with settings and codes and I really don't feel like getting into it here.

Basicaly create a network setting, if you get an error, google it.

To see what version of firmware you have go to Settings>System Settings>System Information.

If it's version 1.50 or 1.51 you're sorted.

If it's version 1.52 you'll have to upgrade to version 2.0 to do anything.

If it's version 2.0 you CAN downgrade to an earlier version. I have no knowladge on the matter however, as last time I checked if you used the wrong method with the wrong nationality of PSP (in that case it was a method that worked on Japanese PSP's but not American) you can brick your PSP.

That basicaly means your PSP is buggered. And it voids any warrenties so you can't get sony to fix or replace it.

crashNUMBERS
01-02-2006, 08:37 PM
How do I check what version it is??

Black Mage
01-02-2006, 08:47 PM
To get online you need access to a wireless router.

Even with that it took me alot of filling with settings and codes and I really don't feel like getting into it here.

Basicaly create a network setting, if you get an error, google it.

To see what version of firmware you have go to Settings>System Settings>System Information.

If it's version 1.50 or 1.51 you're sorted.

If it's version 1.52 you'll have to upgrade to version 2.0 to do anything.

If it's version 2.0 you CAN downgrade to an earlier version. I have no knowladge on the matter however, as last time I checked if you used the wrong method with the wrong nationality of PSP (in that case it was a method that worked on Japanese PSP's but not American) you can brick your PSP.

That basicaly means your PSP is buggered. And it voids any warrenties so you can't get sony to fix or replace it.

Really now.

crashNUMBERS
01-02-2006, 08:56 PM
XD

But I'll check when my bro gets the charger because the battery ran out. For now, got any tips??

fantasyjunkie
01-03-2006, 04:41 AM
I love my PsP, still learning how to download files and all that cool stuff...

a nirvana fan
01-03-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm not too sure how to downgrade it, I've never actually tried doing this and putting ROM's on sorry, search it on google, there's many guides on there for all sorts on PSP's.

crashNUMBERS
01-03-2006, 12:52 PM
My version is 2.01...

Rogue
01-03-2006, 07:56 PM
cool now that you got a psp you can get untold legends,lord of the rings tactics,and if you like racing games try need for speed most wanted thats a good game i also heard some rumers of peopole puting roms on there own site to access them on there site instead of downgrading