PDA

View Full Version : So who likes Joy Division, and New Order?

Casey
01-02-2006, 07:48 AM
Just wondering if there is fans out there... You know Ian Curtis the lead singer of Joy Division killed himself in 1980, and then the surviving band members continued to make music and still do under the name New Order. I really like their music most of which New Orders'. Joy Division is cool , I especially like that hit song "Love Will Tear Us Apart" and yeah they're from the UK. I'm listening to that song Love Will Tear Us Apart, right now...

Mitch
01-02-2006, 07:52 AM
yeah my dad is a big fan of New Order and Joy Division so I hear a lot of their music and I relaly really like it

a nirvana fan
01-02-2006, 10:24 AM
I've seen them on music channels sometimes as Joy Division, they were really good, not sure about New Order, I've heard a few songs, not as good as Joy Division though. R.I.P. Ian

Suikojowy
01-02-2006, 10:48 AM
I love Joy Division. Closer is their best album imo, and the only one of theirs I actually own (I borrowed Unknown Pleasures from a friend).

Not a fan of New Order though =S

RPJesus
01-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Not surprisingly, I've heard 'Love will Tear Us Apart', but that's it. I love that song, though. Only one I know of the band, so only one I like, but it comes pretty high on my list... of songs...

Jack
01-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Big fan of Joy Division (Despite not ebing alive when they were around) and have collected most Live and B-Side stuff. Best song is Sound Of Music...

I like New Order, but I've never found it such a desire to buy their stuff. probably will buy more in 2006. I'm running out of Throwing Muses albums to purchase...