PDA

View Full Version : I hate the Mini Games

Swifthom
01-02-2006, 11:14 PM
I'm still stuck on the dratted mini games...

I'm a natural platform gamer, I can handle shooters and Final Fantasy got me into RPGs....
But Im still not a puzzle/mini game player, never will be, never ntend to be. I tolerated the mini games in FFX (got my brother to do the avoid lightning challenge, I get bored easily and always mess up about 15 dodges in), FF7 and FF8 were alright but FFX-2 is intolerable...

At the moment I'm still stuck on the lightning towers, trying to perfectly calibrate them all... I just CANT DO IT, especially the Rikku ones where you have to press 2 buttons...

FFX-2 oozes with potential, and I wish I could love it but it all just seems like a wasted opportunity, and to unlock the real ending I've got mini game after mini game that I just don't want to/can't do...

Attempts on Lightening Tower 4: 31...
Attempts on Lighning tower 5: 26
Attempts on Lightning Tower 6: 30
Attempts on LT 7: 30
... not even tried 8, 9 or 10...

PLEASE tell me there's another way.

I completed the game with 80% last year, I'm still trying to redo it completely, but...
There's just so much that I can't do, and unlike other games where you miss out on an item here you have to at least get a decent score to get to the games true ending...

:mad2:

Markus. D
01-02-2006, 11:30 PM
and people say there is no game easier, thats what angers me -_-"

rubah
01-03-2006, 01:25 AM
I ditched that mini game. There are plenty others for sure.

Setzer Gabianni
01-03-2006, 12:34 PM
FF-X2 is a mini game itself. Everything just seems to be little missions. There really isn't a lot of freedom..

Yuna_wannabe
01-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Skip it. Not like you need to complete it to get percentage points or anything ...well at least thats what i did

Renmiri
01-04-2006, 02:37 AM
You only need to try to calibrate every tower. After stopping at each tower go back to the travel agency in the middle, talk to the AL Bhed who gave you the job and you get the % points and a garment grid.

rubah
01-04-2006, 03:47 AM
I didn't think you got completion points for calibration.

Renmiri
01-04-2006, 04:33 AM
I didn't think you got completion points for calibration.
I'm not sure.

Gopher Gamble
01-04-2006, 05:50 AM
*Checks strategy guide*.

Nah....the most you can get is a Samurai's Honor Garment Grid which is not much to write home about. Pretty much like the rest of the game. Oh yeah! And after Yuna gives her "Let's do something speach".
You have to talk to Paine to get a 100%. THE GUIDE DOESN'T SAY THAT, BUT IT'S TRUE!

Swifthom
01-04-2006, 05:35 PM
When does Yuna give that speech?
Can't remember, been months since I played through it completeley and I'm still on Chapter 2 on the playthrough...

Gopher Gamble
01-04-2006, 06:13 PM
It's when the fiends start coming out of the temples. The begining of the chapter where that starts.

BG-57
01-05-2006, 09:43 PM
I've tried calibrating every tower at least once and went back to the guy, but got no garment grid. I checked the back of the book and it says you need to sucessfully calibrate at least 5 towers to get it. I've managed to calibrate towers 1-4, but 5 is eluding me and 6-10 seem even harder.

EDIT: I finally manged to calibrate tower 5 after about 45 tries. I would quit calibrating whenever I made a mistake in the first 15 rounds because I needed the three chances to miss for the last 3 rounds, where the icons were falling at triple speed.

Got the Samurai's Honor garment grid. You need to try calibrating all 10 towers and successfully calibrate 5 to get it. The technician makes it clear that there's no other immediate reward for calibrating more. Just as well, considering the difficulty.

There are rewards in Chapter 5, you get an item for each tower you tried to calibrate. The more sucessful tries, the better the item. Naturally you get the best items for 30 sucessful tries.

yunafan11
01-25-2006, 10:32 PM
I know I hate mini games. I was doing the towers, and I was screaming, "What the heck?! Who would put this stuff in a final fantasy game?! I dont play dance dance revelution, I play final fantasy god darn it!!!"

Then, I was screaming really loud when I had to play sphere break...

"I play final fantasy! i don't know math!!! DARN IT!!! SASSOFRASS!!!"

lol.