PDA

View Full Version : More sequels

X-Dragon
01-03-2006, 01:28 AM
Do you think that they should make any other FF game sequels like X-2.

not exactly like that but just a sequel to the game. If you do which one and Y.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-03-2006, 01:29 AM
general ff

rubah
01-03-2006, 01:32 AM
This belongs here.

ff7 has been getting several sequels lately.

Crossblades
01-03-2006, 02:12 AM
No sequels plz. The other FFs are fine the way they are

Neco Arc
01-03-2006, 03:28 AM
no...

NeoCracker
01-03-2006, 03:31 AM
Make more x sequals, maby if they make enough, even the fan boys will lose respect.

Markus. D
01-03-2006, 12:06 PM
I want X-3

and everyone will loooove it, like an mp3 player, everybody loves cake.

Soul of Tarsis
01-03-2006, 12:46 PM
3 FF games already have sequels, FFV,FFVII and FFX. FFV's one was just an OVA though...

I haven't played an FF game yet that needed a sequel.

Setzer Gabianni
01-03-2006, 12:52 PM
I want X-3

and everyone will loooove it, like an mp3 player, everybody loves cake.

Wow, really? Considering the majority of people I have seen so far on this forum detest X-2..

And I only like cake when it's nice and chocolatey, but not too sickly..

I personally do not want to see any sequels. We need new games...not sequels to old ones.

a nirvana fan
01-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Definitely Final Fantasy VIII and FFVII but haven't they already kind of done that with Dirge Of Cerberus and Advent Children.

Dreddz
01-04-2006, 07:28 PM
I liked the idea of games being started from scratch, and finished in one outing. X-2 wasnt bad, but FFX would of been better without it.
As with FFVII, the movie wasnt great, DOC looks average so far, Crisis Core is the only game Im slightly excited about. And its for the PSP, hooray.

Soul of Tarsis
01-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Wow, really? Considering the majority of people I have seen so far on this forum detest X-2..

I wouldn't say most. I would say most simply thought it was rather 'meh'. It's just that the ones who detest the game tend to be a little more vocal about it...

Setzer Gabianni
01-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Well, whatever, they still don't like it.

Sequels don't prove anything really. It's random inputted nonsense.

Soul of Tarsis
01-04-2006, 08:18 PM
I beg to differ. A well written sequal (X-Men 2, Toy Story 2, The Empire Strikes Back) can be even better than the original.

xtreme112
01-10-2006, 01:30 AM
I didn't think any of the games NEEDED a sequel, but I think a FFVIII sequel could be promising.
And please, no more FFX sequels, 2 is enough.
Before you comeback what I said, FFVII's other series games worked because they were different, the sequel was a movie, and the prequel was for the mobile phone and didn't involve all the initial characters from FFVII (eg: cloud, tifa, aeris, etc)

Shin Gouken
01-10-2006, 01:36 AM
I didn't think any of the games NEEDED a sequel, but I think a FFVIII sequel could be promising.
And please, no more FFX sequels, 2 is enough.
Before you comeback what I said, FFVII's other series games worked because they were different, the sequel was a movie, and the prequel was for the mobile phone and didn't involve all the initial characters from FFVII (eg: cloud, tifa, aeris, etc)

What do you imagine happening in a sequel to ffviii? Would be hard to match the first one ket alone top it. I say no to sequels :)

TheSpoonyBard
01-10-2006, 01:42 AM
Sequels are not needed. I would like to see prequels to some games though, as man of them have very detailed historys that could be explored in more depth.

Zechs
01-10-2006, 02:34 AM
I would like a Prequal to FFX, the story between Jecht, Auron and Braska. That would be a worth while one. Though it would be rather limited since it is a more recent title taking place before a past title.

Anything for FFVI would be good in my opinion. It is a world that could be defined more in depth.

Jessweeee♪
01-15-2006, 02:37 AM
I'm not so sure. I had a dream about a HORRIBLE FFVIII sequel:
Ok you're Squall (well, Leon from KH. not THE squall and i was remembering how i started as Sora for some reason). You're trying to woo Rinoa into marrige. You do all of this crap, and the game is really short and something about Kairi being Blonde with long hair and that also had something to do with Rinoa. at the end Rinoa was complaining about something and I woke up before a marrige.

See how lame that is?

raskerino
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
I agree with Dreddz on the general principle but am excited about DOC (because it's different and I absolutely love the dark feel of the midgar graphics) not BC (possibly because I don't have PSP). I want new games.

YTDN
01-23-2006, 09:05 PM
The only one I could imagine is a FFX prequel, right back at the Zanarkand War time. It would be good, and I get annoyed that FFX and FFX-2 gives you so little info on 1000 years previously, also known as wot started it all. In FFX, the story revolves around Sin, which was created 1000 years ago. FFX-2 revolves around Shuyin, Lenne and Vegnagun, which all came from 1000 years ago. And sadly, they don't give enough info on the 1000 years ago time.

~SapphireStar~
01-24-2006, 12:37 AM
No more sequels IMO. Square should get some more FFs out here instead of using the same characters over and over again. We want fresh meat!

RaidenWeb17
01-24-2006, 12:58 AM
If they make another FFX sequel or prequel then they will probably turn it into another Compilation of... like they did with FF7, and I dont really want that to happen. I want Square to concentrate on making original games

vampirepiggyhunter7
01-24-2006, 01:05 AM
2-basically already has one.
3-give us the first one first
4-no
5-better be good
6-no
7-dont say it
8-remake it
9-...make it for the ds
10-better be good