PDA

View Full Version : FF IV advance Glitches? (Spoilers)

eurotrash
01-03-2006, 04:37 AM
ive found a few of them so far
ill list what ive found (so you dont get stuck)
there is a few more but i cant remember them right now

-level in the lunar ruins dungeon with the calcobrena dolls//death puppets
if you finish this a second time (killing all the dolls) opening the chest that contains the nirvana rod will cause the game to freeze.
-one of the final floors in this dungeon, a chest in the middle of the room that contains a 'golden apple' is never added to the inventory

ljkkjlcm9
01-03-2006, 04:43 AM
sometimes I'm able to attack with a character right after I attack, even though their gauge at the bottom isn't full.

THE JACKEL

Captain Maxx Power
01-04-2006, 12:36 AM
The whole thing seems like a big fat glitch sometimes. It's probably the worst update of the "classic" ff's ever in terms of polish.

Zeromus_X
01-04-2006, 01:26 AM
if you use the grimoires on Zeromus_EG, many strange things will happen. (like ZEG turning into a frog, taking 9999 for no reason at all, and casting blitz!)

try it.:p :D

Necronopticous
01-04-2006, 01:32 AM
Sometimes the characters will get their turn menu before someone else whose ATB filled up prior to theirs, this usually happens when their ATB bar reaches full right at the point where the other character's menu should appear, it will skip them.

Cruise Control
01-04-2006, 02:56 AM
I've noticed that if many ATB's are full, instead of who got their first, it just runs down the list of names, which is inconvenient.

I n oticed that 25% of the time I cover Parom (WM), they both take damage instead of just cecil.

eurotrash
01-04-2006, 04:21 AM
for those of you who have found the hero shield
fire/ice/lit/misc spells are only absorbed occationally by some characters, always by others (rydia/cecil always, others not)

ive noticed the gauge thing as well, annoying when you need a healer and their turn is skipped

Memoria
01-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Are you serious? I've only played 20 mins worth, though... dammit. Once I get off here, I'm gonna go play it some more...

vampirepiggyhunter7
01-05-2006, 05:14 AM
I still like the game.

Jowy
01-05-2006, 05:32 AM
You can kill Zeromus before using the crystal by using all of your grimiores.

Memoria
01-05-2006, 06:34 PM
While playing against the Earth fiend (previously named Milon Z.) I noticed that as soon as I had Palom (the little boy) cast a spell, his guage wasn't filled but he had another free turn! I was pretty confused. It hasn't happened since, though.

Bendak
01-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Sometimes people get free turns, and once for me, I told cecil to attack, and he stood there for literally 2 minutes not doing anything in the position as if he were defending or getting ready to attack, then his bar just started to fill again.

Fireblade13
01-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Yeah the double attack has been viewed often. But it only happens for the Po'oms

boys from the dwarf
01-06-2006, 03:58 PM
what are grimories, if it a huge spoiler though dont tell me because i dont remember them from the original FF4

Memoria
01-06-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm in the cave Eblan now and so I was fighting some bats this morning. Every battle, it seems Rosa gets to act twice before anyone's bar fills up! Every time I fight four red colored bats (I think they're called Vampire bats or something like that) and I'm right before I get Edge... stupid low level idiot ninja...

Zeromus_X
01-07-2006, 01:33 AM
what are grimories, if it a huge spoiler though dont tell me because i dont remember them from the original FF4
meh: in the secret dungeon, the lunar ruins, you fight these stronger "lunar" versions of the games summons, "lunar leviathan", "lunar titan", "lunar shiva", etc. when you beat them, you get a "grimoire", a book to summon them, just once by using it as an item, and they always do 9999 damage. but you only use them once...

boys from the dwarf
01-07-2006, 08:05 AM
o.k. thanks.

crashNUMBERS
01-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Wow, FFIV seems like a pile of mess. Does it truely have all of these glitches??

Memoria
01-07-2006, 07:08 PM
The glitches I've found are aplenty. So now I'm sitting outside of the Cave of Trials with Yang in my party. (I wanted Tellah or FuSoYa to stay!! >.<) When I was fighting Barbaccia, I told Kain to Jump to knock down her barrier, right? So he stood there for five turns worth while my team-mates were getting the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif knocked out of them!

eurotrash
01-09-2006, 04:31 PM
just fought a green dragon and the game didnt add it to my beastiary list
now i have to find it again:(

Rengori
01-09-2006, 11:22 PM
Wow, FFIV seems like a pile of mess. Does it truely have all of these glitches??
No, we're joking around.

Anyway, the double attack glitch is the only one I've found.

Memoria
01-11-2006, 12:58 AM
That sucks. Maybe you have to fight it under certain conditions before it adds it to your bestiary? I'm working on the final dungeon now.

Rengori
01-18-2006, 02:37 AM
New one! I was trying to get more gold in the land of Summons, and Rosa got confused. Natually, I cast Esuna on her, and she was facing backwards for the rest of the battle. Which is actually quite humerous watching her aim in the opposite direction and still land a hit on the enemy. Now THAT is skill.

Rase
01-18-2006, 06:56 AM
All I've found so far are the double-attack glitch and that using the grimoires on Zeromus EG can get you some weird results (Lunar Leviathan = Stop?). Aside from that, just the occasional slow down that's a little annoying, but nothing serious.

Avarice-ness
01-18-2006, 07:03 AM
All I've found so far are the double-attack glitch and that using the grimoires on Zeromus EG can get you some weird results (Lunar Leviathan = Stop?). Aside from that, just the occasional slow down that's a little annoying, but nothing serious.
Yesterday when I was playing in thr cave play before the Dark Elf (I hardly play so Shhhh) it glitched in a good way..
and gave Cid about 4 turns straight. x x; and then it went back to normal. =[

Rogue
01-18-2006, 08:59 PM
my game as not glitched ive beet it fully to.sorry guys that sucks for you the game glitches on ya

Cruise Control
01-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Kain can't equip the green berret, he's certainly feminine enough.

EDIT:
Yeah the double attack has been viewed often. But it only happens for the Po'omsEdge (who is a billion times manlier than Kain) did it.

Rengori
01-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Kain can't equip the green berret, he's certainly feminine enough. XD
I can't resist sayng XD.

Elite Lord Sigma
01-23-2006, 12:50 AM
just fought a green dragon and the game didnt add it to my beastiary list
now i have to find it again:(

Did it hatch out of a Mystery Egg? Anything that hatches out of a Mystery Egg is not added to your Bestiary.

Memoria
01-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Did it hatch out of a Mystery Egg? Anything that hatches out of a Mystery Egg is not added to your Bestiary.

Really? If you're having a hard time with that, get Kain to just jump on the eggy. The monsters added to your Bestary are only ones that you defeat. So if you didn't defeat it as a Mystery Egg, then of course it's not gonna add it.

eurotrash
01-28-2006, 03:05 PM
zeromus_eg

when i got to the point where he 'restores', it kept going up until he was at 9999 per restore. i played on and soon his restore was said to be damaging him, as well as some of the numbers were green, some were white. he then cast a spell which dealt '9999' to each of my characters who are at level 93 and each have the best equipment possible

Slicksword45
02-03-2006, 01:31 AM
found this on gamefaq.com

Psycho Edward Glitch
This takes advantage of Edward's auto-hide property when he is in critical status (low HP). First, berserk him, then take him down to critical (tornado works well). He should hide in his next available turn. However, he retains his berserk status, and in his next available turn, he'll reappear and attack again. He will still be berserked, but he'll also still be considered "hidden." That means that he'll constantly attack and never be able to be targetted, even by spells that should hit the entire party, as long as one other person is still alive (he can't hide if he is the only person left alive). On the negative side, it also means you can't heal him, even with party healing spells.

lol

Cruise Control
02-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Anti-Regen. When fighting Zeromous EG my health went down every 5 seconds, and I wasn't poisoned. WTF is up with that.

Xalioniaf
02-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Anti-Regen. When fighting Zeromous EG my health went down every 5 seconds, and I wasn't poisoned. WTF is up with that.
I don't think that's a glitch. I'm pretty sure it's an effect from his Big Bang attack.

Cruise Control
02-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Really, if he wasn't so easy as to make me bored, I wouldn't have noticed *had a button taped*

(CECIL120X
03-07-2006, 10:58 PM
i found 2 weird glitches

1 When zeromus eg uses absorbs he attacks himself (the letters are white instead of green) I think that happened becuase I was playing outside when I went snowboarding and it was freaking cold

2 I tried to kill a red dragon and I did but it only made the weird sound when ever you killed it. I used a bestiary and it said it was at full health. i heard the sound about 4 times that meant it was supposed to be dead and then turned the game off then on (i was mad)

i played the game like forever so i think thats why

rabbitfurcoat06
04-20-2006, 04:21 AM
I recently fought a Great Malboro in the Lunar Ruins on one of the floors of remembrance. He attacked with Bad Breath and Kain became confused. I had Rosa cast Esuna on him and he was still facing my party but no longer confused. When his turn came up I had him jump. He jumped to the left of the screen as he would normally do, only still facing my party. When he came down to finish the jump, he came back all pixelated. What in the world is up with this game? It slows down during the most important parts from time to time and majority of my characters have all experienced the "skip turn" glitch. The only glitch I have not been able to witness though is the one with chest that contains the Nirvana in the Lunar Ruins. My game did not lock up when I opened the chest nor did it lock up when I equipped I think it was Palom with the weapon. SquareSoft really did a number on this remake.

Zechs
04-21-2006, 06:30 AM
Definatly interesting happenings. Just to bad they fixed the classic 'Item Duplication' glitch.

Dark Tonberry
05-07-2006, 06:52 AM
use an item on someone eg:potion and then move that character to a blank space in the formation list. Then go back to item.

AAAAAAAARRRGH!!!!

Darth Cid
05-25-2006, 04:19 AM
if you use the grimoires on Zeromus_EG, many strange things will happen. (like ZEG turning into a frog, taking 9999 for no reason at all, and casting blitz!)

try it.:p :D

Zidane: Sorry about the revival, I felt the need to denounce some things, one of the grimoires posions EG and with EG's high HP rate, 9,999 is the gradual for EG.

Zidane: Xalioniaf is right, Big Bang works like Virus/Bio where HP goes down gradually but almost unnoticeably, fight the original Zeromus, his Big Bang does the same things, try on the SNES and PS1 verisons, it's not a glitch.

I tried to kill a red dragon and I did but it only made the weird sound when ever you killed it. I used a bestiary and it said it was at full health. i heard the sound about 4 times that meant it was supposed to be dead and then turned the game off then on (i was mad)

Zidane: Are you sure you weren't fighting three Red Dragons? It's become tradition when you fight three Red Dragons one of behind the other and one is behind the last, to form a gaultlet-like fight.

The glitches I've found are aplenty. So now I'm sitting outside of the Cave of Trials with Yang in my party. (I wanted Tellah or FuSoYa to stay!! >.<) When I was fighting Barbaccia, I told Kain to Jump to knock down her barrier, right? So he stood there for five turns worth while my team-mates were getting the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif knocked out of them!

Zidane: That's not a glitch, Kain's hangtime is random sometimes it lasts half a turn, sometimes it takes five turns. That's the chance you take when you use Jump.

Cruise Control
05-26-2006, 12:37 AM
Never knew that.

Darth Cid
05-27-2006, 04:48 AM
Zidane: Truly?!

(LOL, for those of you who played the original U. S. release, you can tell, we've been reading the original english script lately.)

Zidane: I dunno what to say about the double attack thing, maybe it's a glitch, maybe it's a speed factor, I dunno.

Laguna
05-27-2006, 05:15 PM
The only glitch I noticed was the ATB problem. Even that didnt kill the game for me. I <3 this version of FFIV, I mean its FFIV that you can take anywhere. Can't do that with a SNES or a PSX from what I know.... XD

Darth Cid
05-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Zidane: And it has better translations than the SNES verison. The glitches are very little, most of the ones people are reporting are standard FFIV programming not glitches, in the SNES verison, I found a glitch where you could enter the Tower of Bab-il(underground entrance) again after Golbez destroyed the stairs leading up to it. And there was a barrier(glowing colors) up that was supposed to prevent that. After the Giant of Bab-il though, I couldn't enter.

Zeromus_X
05-27-2006, 07:17 PM
"Oh King..."

But yeah, the glitches aren't really noticeable, bar the ATB thing.

Still, having ZEG turn into a toad...:P

Laguna
05-27-2006, 11:04 PM
I dont think the Grimoires effects on ZEG are a glitch. I think its something your supposed to do to make beating him easier. What else are you going to use them on after clearing the ruins?

Zeromus_X
05-27-2006, 11:07 PM
He's easy enough without them. (He's not difficult, at the least.) When the Grimoires are used, they are supposed to be summoned and do 9,999 damage to all targets, however, they aren't summoned and another spell effect is used instead, this is a glitch. (I don't know why this happens though, I wish someone would investigate further.) ZEG also seems to be toaded sometimes, and lose massive HP in intervals. It's obviously some sort of bug.

Still, it's pretty fun to whallop that counterfeit Zeromus-witten with Yang while he's a frog.

Darth Cid
05-28-2006, 04:38 AM
Zidane: As I mentioned before, one of the grimoires posions EG, and EG's 200,000 HP means the gradual poision damage factor is 9,999. And perhaps it's because the grimoires' powers are altered with EG because they are meant to be used to make EG an easy battle. I honestly don't believe Square goofed up. Rumor used to have it that the grimoires did that because originally Square planned to have it where if you use all nine grimoires on Zeromus EG, after death he turns into Zeromus XG which was suppose to be where the REAL fun began, which may explain it.

Zeromus_X
05-28-2006, 04:40 AM
The Grimoires aren't supposed to poison things though. They'd make the battle easy enough if they didn't screw up like that, which is why I don't believe it was intended though. I guess we'll never know.

Darth Cid
05-28-2006, 04:46 AM
Zidane: Why would it be sooooooooo different for the grimoires to alter on that one monster and not alter on others? Square seriously did mean for those effects to happen. Why? I dunno, unless rumor is true, they were going to try XG, but if it's such a glitch, why does it only happen on EG 100% of the time? And not a random encounter 10% of the time?

Zeromus_X
05-28-2006, 04:56 AM
Yeah, but it does a random spell effect each time, or just doesn't do anything. I have a hard time believing it's not some sort of bug. But I am open to the idea that they did intend for it to be just for him, though I don't understand why. Anyway, like I said, we'll never know for sure. (Unless some messenger from SE feels the need to give us this information.)

Darth Cid
05-28-2006, 04:59 AM
Zidane: No, wait, I paid attention to what they do each grimoire has one certain noticable or not noticable, that comes into play. It's not a random generation.

EDIT - I'm shutting up now. XD