PDA

View Full Version : 67% of Americans are overweight.

Chris
01-03-2006, 03:43 PM
For years I've wondered why this is so and I'm still a little babbled about the fact that 67% of America is overweight. America is the fattest country in the world and none of the places I've been to I haven't seen or heard anything like it. So, why do you think America is so overweight?

crashNUMBERS
01-03-2006, 03:44 PM
I dunno. It does kind of make me feel bad for them but yeah. I dunno...

Levian
01-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Let's sue mcdonalds.

Chris
01-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Let's sue mcdonalds.
They have McDonalds in Norway, and yet they don't have the same problem.

Doomie
01-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Let's create a special about how fat you'd get if you eat McDonalds for a month. We'll call it..."Let's Supersize, babe!"

EDIT FOR CHRIS: Not at every street corner. ;]

Dignified Pauper
01-03-2006, 03:50 PM
First of all... They don't actually take a substantial poll for that. Any statistic that you look at you should always look at how the statistic is done. Most statistic makers hope to have a desired result so they screen randomly, however, they'll pick from a certain grouping of people to screen. Group A - suburbia with lots of fast food and middle class who are busy and generally eat out more, vs. Group B - mostly upper class, sometimes eat out, usually have better out to eat meals such as higher quality restaurants.

It's all about how the poll is taken.

Secondly, a pound overweight is considered overweight. Let's be honest, someone who is ten lbs overweight doesn't look like they are.

These statistics usually fail to measure in muscle mass.

Let's also note that when you go outside or you're at school, fat people do not make up the majority. Some people considered overweight really do look fine and not that bad.

i hate statistics like these because of their sketchy nature. Furthermore, this is more of an EoEO discussion and I hope that this thread is spammed because it's irritating to me.

Note, I'm 5'11, and 160 lbs. I look damn fine.

crashNUMBERS
01-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Let's sue mcdonalds.

Chris
01-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Well America has the most fast food places in the world: MacDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and MANY more...

Edit: Maybe someone should move this.

a nirvana fan
01-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Why can't they just stop eating!?

Dignified Pauper
01-03-2006, 03:53 PM
it's not about how many fast food places, it's who eats them and how their anatomy and physiology work.

Shin Gouken
01-03-2006, 03:54 PM
doesn't great britain have the fattest kids though??? ahem america is a fatty country

Chris
01-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Why can't they just stop eating!?
Americans use food as a comfort, and most doesn't even enjoy eating. The difference between Europeans and Americans is that Europeans enjoy each and every single meal we eat. We don't use and abuse food. We enjoy it.

Edit: DP, it doesn't matter what excuse you may come up with, America is the fattest country in the world.

Dignified Pauper
01-03-2006, 03:57 PM
I eat for comfort, enjoyment, and because I like to eat a lot. It's not because I have anxiety or mild depression.

*gets sad then wired*

Edit: Chris, that doesn't mean that your statistic is true. I would venture to say that only 15-20% is fat, and the overweight 40% is only overweight by 1-25 lbs.

Chris
01-03-2006, 03:59 PM
LOL. I'm not saying that all Americans do that, but many Americans use food for other than enjoyment.

Edit: My statistic may not be 100% correct, but I don't need some statistic to tell me that Americans are the fattest people in the world. Come on, anyone who claims otherwise is in total denial.

Levian
01-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Yer, the reason is probably the closeness of everything. Grocery store at the corner, and a city that is built for using cars. Sure, we have mcdonalds in Norway, but I have to walk a mile to get to the nearest grocery store and longer to get to a mcdonalds.

Lindy
01-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Everyone knows that eleventy-twelve percent of all statistics are made up.

Chris
01-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Even so. That doesn't take away from the fact that I'm right. I'M RIGHT. >=(

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-03-2006, 04:19 PM
America is considered to be the fattest country in the world at the moment, that is true, but many European countries (such as England) and other developed countries are catching up.

However, that statistic is, as was stated earlier, flawed. Please cite wherer you found such a statistic, there are many factors that go into how statistically sound a study is and just posting a number and expecting everybody to agree with you is generally not going to work.

Chris
01-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Just posting a number and expecting everybody to agree with you is generally not going to work.
I never asked people to agree with this statistic, but I asked "why do you think American is so overweight."

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-03-2006, 04:28 PM
I never asked people to agree with this statistic, but I asked "why do you think American is so overweight."

But you did present the statistic as fact, and used it to establish your thesis, that America is indeed grossly overweight. Until you give me a substantial statistic that says that a large number of Americans is indeed overweight, and dangerously so, the point is moot. You're telling me that 67% of Americans are "overweight" (whatever that means) and I am asking you to give me more information on your numbers before I'll address the topic as correct. As of now I can say "Well, I think you're wrong, 12% of Americans are overweight". I've given just as much information as you did, so mine is just as valid as yours, as it stands.

Doomie
01-03-2006, 04:32 PM
9 out of 10 people say that every time there is a survey with 10 people, one of them always disagrees.

Chris
01-03-2006, 04:35 PM
I don't see the need to valid my statistic, anyone who has eyes can see that it's way more than 12% and if anyone claims otherwise they're in denial or they're being defensive. Any fool who has a little logic can see that more than 12% of America is overweight. I think it's so typical of Americans to try and deflect and avoid the issue and so, either your being defensive or you're trying to turn it upside down. The rest of the world didn't force food down your throat, you did.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-03-2006, 04:35 PM
First off, making posts like that is not acceptable. That is a borderline personal attack, something we do not permit on this site.

I note you say "Americans" as if you are not American yourself. Which implies to me that you do not live in America, and thus cannot see Americans on a regular basis.

I, on the other hand do. If you'll note, I never actually SAID that it was 12%. I merely said I could and it would have the same validity as your statement.

If you want some discussion on this, you will give me a valid and supported statistic. Otherwise, you will be dismissed. I live in America and I know for a fact that nowhere NEAR 67% of all Americans are overweight. You can see this, as you so eloquently put it, by looking outside.

Frankly I personally couldn't care less whether my country is overweight or not. I'm not, so I'm fine. However, someone who seems to think they can get away with making sweeping statements and generalizations annoys me to no end, so if you want to be taken seriously you WILL give me good numbers and facts.

Chris
01-03-2006, 04:38 PM
I don't understand why anyone would even try to defend the issue, I guess that's why your country is going to continue to be fattest.

Lindy
01-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Chris : "I think Americans are all fat! Here's a random statistic!"
Voidy : "You're making up a statistic and have no basis for your claims, could you back them up?"
Chris : "OMG u dun agre wiv me ;( u must be fat and ofended!111 lol ur fat!111"

Just summing up.

Chris
01-03-2006, 04:42 PM
How clever. Why don't you eat me? You'd probably eat everything else (meant in the kindess way possible). :)

Lindy
01-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Ironic, how you're calling other people defensive, when you're the one who's resorted to petty insults when your "argument" was ripped apart.

Haha, and I'm English, and I only weigh around 50 kilos.

crashNUMBERS
01-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Haha, and I'm English, and I only weigh around 50 kilos.
Lol, I'm only 112 pounds. I'm not fat though, n'or strong. Just gtrowing is all..

Chris
01-03-2006, 04:47 PM
You attacked me. I have a right to return the favor.

Edit: My intention with this thread was not to attack anyone, but if you're going to trash me (Lindy), at least try to make it good. My time is way too precious to be wasted on something I experienced in kindergarden.

edczxcvbnm
01-03-2006, 04:48 PM
I don't understand why anyone would even try to defend the issue, I guess that's why your country is going to continue to be fattest.

The issue is that you made up an issue. I look around on the street walking to work everyday and I see nothing but normal people. None of these fat blobs of fat flopping around like a beached whale. I would say 3% of the population is a fatty fat fat fat based on my observations everyday in Chicago.

Lindy
01-03-2006, 04:51 PM

Edit: My intention with this thread was not to attack anyone, but if you're going to trash me (Lindy), at least try to make it good. My time is way too precious to be wasted on something I experienced in kindergarden.
I'd like to point out that you were "attacking" before I'd even said anything.

"I think it's so typical of Americans to try and deflect and avoid the issue and so, either your being defensive or you're trying to turn it upside down. <b>The rest of the world didn't force food down your throat, you did.</b>"

"I don't understand why anyone would even try to defend the issue, <b>I guess that's why your country is going to continue to be fattest.</b>"

I don't really feel the need to press it any more, when you've dug your own grave.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-03-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm feeling generous,

http://www.naaso.org/statistics/obesity_trends.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index

According to the first website, the level of overweight is 64%. Note that they say overweight, not obese. The website does specify that the greatest increase is in the obese section, however.

I also link to wikipedia because I want to establish that there is a level of variance and the BMI chart is not a perfect method of discerning weight, the BMI is, to quote wikipedia, "the BMI as a statistical estimate of adiposity." However, it's often promoted as a 'rule of thumb' guide, as wikipedia goes on to state, due to the ease at which it can be calculated.

Also, I'll touch briefly on the fact that the information presented by NAASO may indeed be considered biased.

Looking at the bar graph, we see 64% is overweight. Overweight, by the way, is a loose term, there are obviously different levels thereof and different factors to be considered. I'd be willing to estimate that at least 10% of the 64% could probably be safely thrown out, and it could probably go much higher.

Anyway, I just went and got the statistics FOR you. NOW we can discuss.

krissy
01-03-2006, 04:56 PM
this is because we live in a society wherein people would rather drive 2 minutes than walk 7 in order to buy some donuts, and a society where people have genetic factors that are winning.

chris, that wasn't a personal trashhin' attack. :choc:

lindy, eat something man :cry:

http://www.obesityresearch.org/cgi/content/full/9/suppl_4/S228

http://www.obesityresearch.org/cgi/content/full/9/suppl_4/S228/F1

Chris
01-03-2006, 05:04 PM
I'd like to point out that you were "attacking" before I'd even said anything.

"I think it's so typical of Americans to try and deflect and avoid the issue and so, either your being defensive or you're trying to turn it upside down. <b>The rest of the world didn't force food down your throat, you did.</b>"

"I don't understand why anyone would even try to defend the issue, <b>I guess that's why your country is going to continue to be fattest.</b>"

I don't really feel the need to press it any more, when you've dug your own grave.
I don't see how I was attacking, but hey, if you can't handle the truth I guess you should stay away from me? I'll always tell you the truth of how I perceive things. Don't like it? I'm not going to force you to listen or even like me. I don't want this to end ugly. I'm better than you at this game, so let's just leave each other be. That's my final word. :)

Lindy
01-03-2006, 05:07 PM
I'll always tell you the truth of how I perceive things.
That's called "opinion".

Old Manus
01-03-2006, 05:10 PM
<!-- http://www.forumspile.com/ASL-Old_Obese.jpg -->
What makes you think that you can post this? Don't. ~Yams

Ok fine then

67% of americans are fat? No way.

DMKA
01-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Destroying Oklahoma would be a start to remedy the problem.

I don't really take that statistic any more seriously than any of the other bogus statistics people throw out on national television every other day. Also, "overweight" does not mean "obese". Many people are overweight due to muscle mass, and even when someone is overweight due to body fat, that still doesn't mean they're fat. I was considered overweight before I joined the Navy and had to lose weight to get in, but I was hardly fat.

Or maybe I'm just lying to myself and don't want to take pride in my nation's superiority.

Edit: I'll miss you Old Manus. ;________;

War Angel
01-03-2006, 05:22 PM
So, why do you think America is so overweight?
Because many Americans eat too much of the wrong kind of food, and lead a lazy life. Duh. :)

Note, I'm 5'11, and 160 lbs. I look damn fine.
Why wouldn't you? Even if you were 5'11" and 200 pounds, you would still look good if those excess 30-40 pounds were muscle.

BMI (body mass index) used for those statistics is flawed. It doesn't include bone mass, muscle mass, body form (lanky, broad, etc) and many other variables.

I'd say, that if you start to see a bit too much fat on your body, and people start to make notice and tell you about it, it's probably a good sign to eat less and excercise more.

I am slightly over-weight, and I know exactly why. I also know that it is in my power to change it. I don't understand how people become so obese - it's a complete lack of self-control, of not being able to percieve yourself as fat and lack of ability to do something about it.

Rye
01-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Chris : "I think Americans are all fat! Here's a random statistic!"
Voidy : "You're making up a statistic and have no basis for your claims, could you back them up?"
Chris : "OMG u dun agre wiv me ;( u must be fat and ofended!111 lol ur fat!111"

Just summing up.

Win.

Why do we even need to discuss this, if you're so sure it's true, Chris? I don't see what it accomplishes?

I wonder why people feel so bad about their weight and such nowadays. I'm 5 feet tall and 118 pounds and I feel fat. I shouldn't feel that way, but I do. I don't see what pointing this stuff out accomplishes. Are we supposed to shame Americans about their image into being skinny? Well, if that would work, I suppose I'd be underweight then.

Way to go, Chris. I'll be waiting next to my scale to see if being ashamed of my weight due to being a hefty American will make me lose some weight. Because I suppose this is what this thread is supposed to accomplish.

Elite Lord Sigma
01-03-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm an American 13 year old guy who is about 5'10''. I'm not overweight (to my knowledge). But I feel perfectly fine, so I'm probably not.

-N-
01-03-2006, 08:47 PM
67% of Americans are overweight. If you are one of the Americans who aren't, put this in your sig.

Zeldy
01-03-2006, 08:52 PM
I hate to admit it, but my generation in England are the fattest in the world. I see it everyday, Girls younger than me with their tops bulging over their stomachs.

67% May be overweight, but theres still.. 33% who arn't. I blame it on fast food personally. Too many advertisements, To many shops. To much fat.

Venom
01-03-2006, 08:54 PM
I hate to admit it, but my generation in England are the fattest in the world. I see it everyday, Girls younger than me with their tops bulging over their stomachs.

67% May be overweight, but theres still.. 33% who arn't. I blame it on fast food personally. Too many advertisements, To many shops. To much fat.

Or maybe we have so much hi-tech stuff that we dont need to do anything anymore.

Zeldy
01-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Or maybe we have so much hi-tech stuff that we dont need to do anything anymore.
True.

- We are the lazy generation.

Miriel
01-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Sheesh. Yeah, his statistics are probably skewed, but his question is still a valid one.

Reason #1: Everyone drives everywhere. Except New Yorkers, who walk a gripload. But everyone else drives and don't get nearly as much exercise as they could if they walked.

Reason #2: If you think about American food, you think steaks, hot dogs, lots of red meat, deep fried chicken, etc. Compare that to things like Japanese and Asian food that consists of rice, vegetables, tofu, etc. I'm not even talking about fast food here, American cuisine itself isn't all too healthy.

Reason #3: Proportions are gargantuan in America. Everything is supersized.

There are more reasons, dozens of more reasons. But like War Angel already posted, it boils down to people eating unhealthy food and not exercising enough.

Fate Fatale
01-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Kind of off-topic, but all of your grammers are atrocious! It's "Americans are overweight." not "Americans is overweight" sorry, but it was bothering me as I read your posts....

Anyways...

I do believe that many people are overweight in this country, but as the dumb movie ( Supersize Me) pointed out, a lot of the problem is the government's. we do not have enough time for a physial activity to be crammed in our eight hour school day.

BUT

It is also the fault of the U.S.'s lazze faire approach to commerce. They need to limit the fast food industies money allowedf to be used on advertisement. The availibility and appelability of the fast food market is too appealing to small children, that have their parents wrapped, to beg and beg their parents to take them there.

Meh.. I can't remember where I was goin with this, but I felt like a good, non-violent rant....

JaytodaP
01-03-2006, 09:04 PM
My uncle Literally ate himself to death, no I'm not lying.(Well he's not dead YET but his arteries are clogged almost completly, he's blind now but he can still find is way to Mcdonalds.) Anyway, I think its his own fault and I need to know whether or not I should feel bad for him. My dad just makes fun of him. Yeah, we're going to hell.

Kind of off-topic, but all of your grammers are atrocious! It's "Americans are overweight." not "Americans is overweight"

are you the GRAMMAR police?

KoShiatar
01-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Hearing the comments of a friend of mine about the kinds of food you find in supermarkets in America, reading some recipes in a book, and knowing about eating habits I think it's because there is a different food culture there.
But it may just be my stereotyped view.

MecaKane
01-03-2006, 09:22 PM
I wonder why people feel so bad about their weight and such nowadays. I'm 5 feet tall and 118 pounds and I feel fat. I shouldn't feel that way, but I do. I don't see what pointing this stuff out accomplishes. Are we supposed to shame Americans about their image into being skinny? Well, if that would work, I suppose I'd be underweight then.

While this thread is just a load of bull, most news reports and whatnot about more and more people becomming overweight and obese all have to do with health, and what society as a whole, the government, and corperations can do to try to help people lose weight. Hearing that a lot of other people are obese too isn't really going do anything for a single person's resolve to lose weight.

ScottNUMBERS
01-03-2006, 09:50 PM
I have some good news; 33% of Americans are not overweight.

themagicroundabout
01-03-2006, 09:52 PM
9% of people have joined queues without knowing what they are for.

Dignified Pauper
01-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Kind of off-topic, but all of your grammers are atrocious! It's "Americans are overweight." not "Americans is overweight" sorry, but it was bothering me as I read your posts....

If you're going to attack grammar... then learn to spell GRAMMAR.

Back to the subject matter. Chris, you haven't proved America to be the fattest country. Most are overweight because of muscle mass. The amount of obese americans is most likely 15-20%, a sizeable portion, but nowhere near what you claim, and even if that is true, we also must consider the ages. As people get older, they become overweight and gain it... That is also put into this equation.

Your failure to just admit you're wrong has made everything you say completely debunkt of validity. Congratulations for trying to seem like you have legitimate things to speak about.

Shlup
01-03-2006, 10:11 PM
The generalizations and conjecture in this thread is enough to make a person get stabby.

Dignified Pauper
01-03-2006, 10:13 PM
*stabs Schlup* *stab stab stab*

nik0tine
01-03-2006, 10:18 PM
67% of the people around here are not overweight. In the Southwest I'd guess it's more like 10-20% of the population are overweight. When I went to New York, I don't recall seeing a single fat person. I fail to see how 67% of America can be overweight, unless everybody in the south is fat.

Chris
01-03-2006, 10:19 PM
One last note: You people are great. It's amazing how people hear what they want to hear and then turn it around and make someone the villain. I never asked anyone to agree with my statistic, me posting 67%was merely an indication of my point, which is that America is the fattest country in the world. My time here I've never experience a back stabbing that fast and swift, at least now I know how sweet Lenna feels. All I ever asked, was an opinion of why you think Americans are so overweight. Don't even pretend or presume you know anything about me. You're a fool to attack me for an image of me you've built yourself.

I must say that I'm a little disappoint with the recent unfoldings of this matter, I always thought of this place as a good and decent place.

Hawkeye
01-03-2006, 10:21 PM
http://www.barrierislandgraphics.com/galleries/Spink/i%20beat%20anorexia.jpg

krissy
01-03-2006, 10:31 PM
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/o/obesity/stats-country.htm

USA 42,968,694 293,655,4051

India 155,844,889 1,065,070,6072

:confused:

on the other hand

http://titania.sourceoecd.org/vl=24847793/cl=41/nw=1/rpsv/factbook/10-01-03-g01.htm

Lindy
01-03-2006, 10:35 PM
One last note: You people are great. It's amazing how people hear what they want to hear and then turn it around and make someone the villain. I never asked anyone to agree with my statistic, me posting 67%was merely an indication of my point, which is that America is the fattest country in the world. My time here I've never experience a back stabbing that fast and swift, at least now I know how sweet Lenna feels. All I ever asked, was an opinion of why you think Americans are so overweight. Don't even pretend or presume you know anything about me. You're a fool to attack me for an image of me you've built yourself.

I must say that I'm a little disappoint with the recent unfoldings of this matter, I always thought of this place as a good and decent place.
I know, as soon as someone doesn't agree with your they're EVIL BEYOND EVIL BACKSTABBERS.

What was the first thing you posted?

"I'm still a little babbled about the <u><b>fact</b></u> that 67% of America is overweight"

You weren't asking for views, you were stating your "facts".

Grow up and have the maturity to admit that you're wrong.

edczxcvbnm
01-03-2006, 10:42 PM

How is 67% an indication of your point if you offer no proof other than it is your opinion. How is this even a backstabbing? Because people disagreed with you? OH NOES! If your point was that America is the fattest country in the world then you should have said that and left it at that.

I will end it with my own statistic. 94% of Europe is jealous of the penguin empire in Antartica. It is true. They long for the days when their country pretty much ruled all of Europe. It is because of that longing that they would refuse to ever become anything like the United States and instead stay separate countries. How they envy Antartica...so powerful and magestic. *swoons*

Chaos
01-03-2006, 10:42 PM
I read somewhere that theres a tiny island near Austraila or somewhere with about a 80% obiesity rate. *shrug* Can't remember the name though, so that kinda makes it irrelevant.

IMO yes, America is a fat nation. I saw a lot of fat people when I visited. (Yes I know I hardly saw an accurate slice of American culture/representation of people blahblahblah)
England is fat too, loads of fat kids....I find it scary.

Craig
01-03-2006, 10:44 PM
I blame robots. They are doing all of our jobs for us so that we gain weight, and then when they take over the world we'll be too fat to fight back.

DK
01-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Lindy pretty much pissed over this entire thing. Honourable mentions to Neel and Hawkeye, though. :D

Lindy
01-03-2006, 11:03 PM
I will end it with my own statistic. 94% of Europe is jealous of the penguin empire in Antartica. It is true. They long for the days when their country pretty much ruled all of Europe. It is because of that longing that they would refuse to ever become anything like the United States and instead stay separate countries. How they envy Antartica...so powerful and magestic. *swoons*
QUICKLY! HE KNOWS! >_>

And Dan, you're right, I've totally been playing too much Phoenix Wright. TAKE THAT!

Loony BoB
01-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Because they can afford to be. Simple as that. If any other country had that kind of GNP, they'd probably have that kind of overweight-rate too. Also there's genetics, which regardless of what anyone says, does have a lot to do with it. I'm proof - I eat craploads, including greasy rolls every morning at work. I'm a very lazy person and do very little exercise. I'm still fit, though, because I guess I was just born lucky like that. I can do 20 push ups at any point of the day without trouble because I'm insanely light, again because of genetics. Statistics for being overweight are not directly linked to statistics for being healthy, and should never be used in such a manner. I know of athletes that are overweight, and probably some of the fittest people I know.

EDIT: I will not accept ANY more insulting remarks in this thread. That includes insults towards groups and individuals. If you even think that you might have done this, then you can consider yourself warned. That, at the very least, includes Lindy and Chris, but I'm sure it includes more than just them - I've just forgotten the other names already.

Rengori
01-03-2006, 11:05 PM
I do believe that many people are overweight in this country, but as the dumb movie ( Supersize Me) pointed out, a lot of the problem is the government's. we do not have enough time for a physial activity to be crammed in our eight hour school day.
Just for the record, most schools have 7 hour school days. It's been like that in 8 or schools I've enrolled in. And only about half of the 50-minute Gym period is spent doing excecise, except in elementary when you don't have to do the locker room or anything. Anyway, one of the stupidest things my school could of done was actually make it impossible to enroll in Gym both semesters without having to use a false identity.

Anyway, I used to walk to school, back when it was only half a mile away. Now my school is somewhere around 17 miles away. I don't feel safe riding a bike in the heavy before school traffic because of the lazy slobs living in the same neighborhood as the school feeling they need a ride, so I had two choices: bus or walk. Walking at an average 3.5mph, it would take almost 4.86 hours to get to school. Not to mention Colorado morning in the winter are normally below freezing, which would hinder my progress further. So, I have to take the bus for the sake of time.

Shlup
01-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Besides the fact that many students avoid doing physical activity during PE at all costs. Mile club my ass!

Rengori
01-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Besides the fact that many students avoid doing physical activity during PE at all costs.
That's true too, the fatty fat fat fats heavyweight people just stand there like they don't know how to move and some of the girls seem to just think that by they'll win a game of dodgeball by standing next to the wall like a bunch of targets.

Loony BoB
01-03-2006, 11:31 PM
Can we please avoid terms such as 'fatty fat fat fats' now? Thanks.

Sephex
01-03-2006, 11:35 PM
I hate it when some slob mom comes along and bitches that she couldn't find a close parking spot by the mall. Then she wonders why she is overweight. I hate slob moms.

I have no idea why I thought of that.

rubah
01-03-2006, 11:51 PM

Reading, to me it seems like the point of your thread is to win in a 'Whose continent is the fittest' competition.

I was not aware that such a competition existed

Also, people would've asked for validation of any statistic posted without a source of proof.

Miriel
01-03-2006, 11:54 PM
I hate it when some slob mom comes along and bitches that she couldn't find a close parking spot by the mall. Then she wonders why she is overweight. I hate slob moms.

I have no idea why I thought of that.
I think people bitch about not being able to find a close parking spot regardless of whether or not they are a slob, or a Mom.

Sephex
01-03-2006, 11:57 PM
I think people bitch about not being able to find a close parking spot regardless of whether or not they are a slob, or a Mom.

Yeah I know this, and it's just a pet peeve of mine. It just really annoys me when ANYONE who complains about their weight constantly does stuff like that. A little extra work adds up a lot. And after losing 80lbs myself without ANY official exercise, I should know.

And I still hate slob moms.

Spammerman
01-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Probably because we have so many damned treats and like places for every kind of food on earth. ANd live over 100 different places to get fsatfood. We have tacobell stores, Duches, Mcdonald's, burgerking, Arby's, and more. And corner stores.

Miriel
01-03-2006, 11:59 PM
A little extra work adds up a lot. And after losing 80lbs myself without ANY official exercise, I should know.

Good job man, you should write a book.

Rengori
01-04-2006, 12:00 AM
You really should Sephex.

edczxcvbnm
01-04-2006, 12:04 AM
How to get in shape by Sephex

"DON'T BE A FUCK TARD! Drink water not soda. Walking and other activities work better than you think. Every step counts and every stroke counts!"

The frickin end.

Shlup
01-04-2006, 12:06 AM
I lost 40 lbs on the "quit eating so much goddamn food and get off your ass once in a while" diet.

..."and every stroke counts"? xD

Rengori
01-04-2006, 12:06 AM

"DON'T BE A smurf TARD! Drink water not soda. Walking and other activities work better than you think. Every step counts and every stroke counts!"

The frickin end.
That works!
EDIT: Wait, every stroke?

Sephex
01-04-2006, 12:10 AM

You really should Sephex.

Thanks.

Well, I did gain 20lbs of it back (some of it muscle because now I have a job that requires constant physical movement). Plus, when I weighed 160, I was moody and tired all the time, so I think I lost too much weight.

I'll be honest here. When I first started to lose weight it was because my exgirlfriend broke up with me so I didn't eat for a couple of days now and then. However, I didn't lose that much weight that way, but it did get the ball rolling. When I felt better about things, I continued to roll the ball.

Anyway, there is no need for me to write a book about it. All I did was cut off from drinking pop (to this day I mainly drink water), and I controlled what I ate. I still ate unhealthy things, but I didn't over do it like I used to (in high school, I used to eat an entire frozen pizza after school...multipule times a week, and I occasionaly had four double cheese burgers...from McDonalds). I wasn't as out of control as I just described, but I was still pretty bad.

EDIT:

"DON'T BE A smurf TARD! Drink water not soda. Walking and other activities work better than you think. Every step counts and every stroke counts!"

The frickin end.

Yeah, or I could do that. And your posts are getting harder and harder to read because that signature make me laugh my ass off--another great way to lose weight!

*thumbs/credits/rockin' guitar music*

edczxcvbnm
01-04-2006, 12:14 AM
I ate whole frozen pizzas after school...never four double cheeseburgers but 3 is possible...maybe four was possible in high school but not now that is for sure.

I am the example of the LUCKY! I don't do /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif and I stay thin. I eat like a moron also. A healthy diet of pizza, burgers and soda.

ZeZipster
01-04-2006, 12:15 AM
The obvious solution to America's obesity problem is cocaine.

Markus. D
01-04-2006, 12:17 AM
im a lucky non-american, I can eat all I want and stay the same.

Rengori
01-04-2006, 12:18 AM
im a lucky non-american, I can eat all I want and stay the same.

lol

boris no no
01-04-2006, 12:19 AM
I am 67% fat :D do i win?

British people are getting large too. I blame the internet DARN YOU!
oh and chocolate :( chocolate is mean

nik0tine
01-04-2006, 12:21 AM
*inserts racial joke about native americans*

Orestes
01-04-2006, 12:48 AM
So, why do you think America is so overweight?

Sloth.

97.3% of all statistics are made up.

Anaisa
01-04-2006, 12:54 AM
My little sister, who is six, refuses to talk to fat people. If she lived in America, she'd be permanently mute. And as for British people getting fat, well, their an ugly bunch anyway, so they may as well indulge themselves.

nik0tine
01-04-2006, 01:03 AM
My little sister, who is six, refuses to talk to fat people. If she lived in America, she'd be permanently mute. And as for British people getting fat, well, their an ugly bunch anyway, so they may as well indulge themselves.
Anaisa speaks the truth.

radyk05
01-04-2006, 01:20 AM

BUT

It is also the fault of the U.S.'s lazze faire approach to commerce. They need to limit the fast food industies money allowedf to be used on advertisement. The availibility and appelability of the fast food market is too appealing to small children, that have their parents wrapped, to beg and beg their parents to take them there.
funny that you call that movie dumb but you still use two of the main points stated in it.
someone already said that eating too much of the wrong stuff and not getting enough physical activity is the problem (that was the other point in supersize me).

Dignified Pauper
01-04-2006, 02:06 AM
The obvious solution to America's obesity problem is cocaine.

Brilliant solution.

Boris, you win the competition!

back to the matter at hand.

Chris, no one backstabbed you, we merely debunked your statistic and the statement that you regarded as "FACT". You've no right to get angry and say that you thought EoFF was a better place than this. Perhaps if you did a little more research and focused yourself into coherent discussion, then perhaps you'd be a little more self-aware of what you're saying. The FACTS are that your statistic proves nothing and your statement can't be considered fact without legitimate evidence. One statistic is not legitimate - especially when there is no background of the study's history.

edczxcvbnm
01-04-2006, 02:17 AM
Speaking of cocaine that reminds me of this awesome conversation at work where someone said 'My goal is to be the world's fattest coke head.' Oh boy did he ever get /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif for it. It was a hilarious conversation though.

fire_of_avalon
01-04-2006, 02:25 AM
Yeah, you guys used to have a topic here.