PDA

View Full Version : ps3 ffvii

ffxatticus
01-03-2006, 06:48 PM
just a rumor or will ffvii be re-released for ps3?

a nirvana fan
01-03-2006, 07:03 PM
just a rumor or will ffvii be re-released for ps3?

I strongly think it's a rumour, but who knows, it may be true.

chronic_Maniac
01-03-2006, 07:12 PM
It should be known to most people that we'll be kept quessing until it is told by square enix themselves. I have been informed that there is a demo disk out for it but thats been said to just show how it would look if it came out on pS3. Don't try to think if we all made a Petition it will work cause the whole Final Fantasy world wide web people will know it didn't work for aeris, may she rest in PEACE!!!! So the answer most will give is 'I hope so' or 'No they would ruin it'. Either way we will all be glad Fianl Fantasy 7 came out. One way or another. If anything they should remake FF6. I played FF7 first said it was my favorite game of all time, then I played FF6. It does beat FF7 in a lot of ways but to me they are equal. As for why I would reather 6 be redone? Look at the graphics on 6 then 7. Which game needs more? Think about you ratings people..... I maybe wrong.

HowlingMonkey
01-03-2006, 07:51 PM
There is a tech demo of FFVII running on PS3 hardware. It shows the opening with Aeris walking through Midgar and Cloud jumping off the train to attack the reactor. That's it. Square did the same for FFVIII on the PS2 and FFVI on the N64. It's purely so they can show off the capabiilities of the nextgen consoles. There has been nothing said by Square to indicate they will develop this any further into a full remake.

I'd love to see a remake of FFVII though. It would work so well with voice acting and proper FMVs. :D

Of course, I want remakes of III, V and VI first. FFVII for the PS4 would make a safer bet.

Setzer Gabianni
01-03-2006, 08:09 PM
When making a remake, DO NOT ADD IN THIS EXTRA COMPILATION JUNK INFO//xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

Thanks.

Ugh. I would kinda like a remake..but...other classics would need to get remade too i.e. FFVI.

Sephex
01-03-2006, 11:16 PM
They are making the remake. I know this because I work at Square, and Nobuo Uematsu and I had a couple of drinks one night. We were at a Karayookey (this is show he said it) bar. I bet him that he didn't know the words to Aeris' theme and he lost the bet. He asked me what would he have to do since he lost, and I told him that he would have to remake FFVII. Uematsu exclaimed that he was the only the game's compser, but I told him to do the same trick on that one guy who I can't remember the name of but I know he created the FF series. Yeah, so Uematsu did the same trick at the Karayookey bar, and they said that they were going to remake the whole game. The tech demo was actually created by Ron Howard. However, most people don't believe this because he was in George Lucas' American Graffiti, and NOT Han Solo in Star Wars, as most people believe. In fact, most people don't know a damn thing about anything, and I'm quite tired of it.

Desert Wolf
01-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Have you been eating the magic mushrooms again?

Sephex
01-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Everything I said in the above post was true. I am also resposible for the "Dear Friends" concert tour. Uematsu needs to stop losing impossible bets to me.

ffxatticus
01-03-2006, 11:59 PM
haha, thanks for that sephex

Swordicanus
01-04-2006, 02:36 AM
They are making the remake. I know this because I work at Square, and Nobuo Uematsu and I had a couple of drinks one night. We were at a Karayookey (this is show he said it) bar. I bet him that he didn't know the words to Aeris' theme and he lost the bet. He asked me what would he have to do since he lost, and I told him that he would have to remake FFVII. Uematsu exclaimed that he was the only the game's compser, but I told him to do the same trick on that one guy who I can't remember the name of but I know he created the FF series. Yeah, so Uematsu did the same trick at the Karayookey bar, and they said that they were going to remake the whole game. The tech demo was actually created by Ron Howard. However, most people don't believe this because he was in George Lucas' American Graffiti, and NOT Han Solo in Star Wars, as most people believe. In fact, most people don't know a damn thing about anything, and I'm quite tired of it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..............oh...............you were serious........:eek:

Setzer Gabianni
01-04-2006, 08:26 AM

Whatever you had to eat/drink, I will have triple.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
01-04-2006, 01:42 PM
it as been said that "at present, WE ARE NOT remaking final fantasy 7 onto the playstation 3"

who is this "they"? hmm
l
but they were also noted to say "i would love the remake the game onto the playstation 3 but everyone is wrapped up in their own projects. maybe when everyone has the time it just might happen"

i would personally love to see it be remade onto the playsation 3. but they've said if they do it will take them 5 years so if they are making it RIGHT NOW, we're still looking at 2011

Rokk
01-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Never say nothing is impossible, in a few interviews, they hinted that there MIGHT be such a thing...but they said it would probably be unlikely.

Gamespot has posted an update saying" There will NOT be a remaker". ...:cry:

Quoted from IGN.com
"UPDATE: There will not be a Final Fantasy VII remake for PS3. Repeat, there will not be a remake. But, there will be a new Final Fantasy game. We'll have info on that as it happens."

Link: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614692p1.html

Lost Number
01-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Everybody, lets all hope for a PS3 remake. Let us all pray for it, Muslims, Hindus, Christians, the lot. I dont believe in Gods, but before this we didnt have a prayer;) . Only problem is, they will mess up the voices so they ruin the dream. Sigh.

Rhi
01-04-2006, 06:45 PM
lol

Soul of Tarsis
01-04-2006, 07:07 PM
I bet Square-Enix is regretting that they even considered using FFVII for that tech-demo now…

Primus Inter Pares
01-04-2006, 07:08 PM
I enjoy everyone of these threads as if it was a thousand beautiful naked ladies dancing.

Shoden
01-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Deja Vu senses tingling!

I doubt they'll release a PS3 remake till about 2-3 years.

Desert Wolf
01-04-2006, 07:54 PM
lol.You really enjoy these threads.

And yeah id say if its been made it wont be for a good while.

Markus. D
01-04-2006, 11:55 PM
only if we pressure them into makeing one.

cause there thing was only a ps3 demonstration.

it would be nice though.

Desert Wolf
01-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah i guess it would.