PDA

View Full Version : Comedy Central is putting out another season of Distraction

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-04-2006, 08:42 AM
And by "Distraction," I mean the American version that premiered in early 2005, seemingly bombed, and was then relegated to the occasional early-morning rerun with not a word uttered as to its fate for the remainder of the year. And yet they're bringing it back.

Not that you should care about a tepid game show like Distraction. The real reason this is noteworthy is because it means there's hope yet for a second season of Stella.

Necronopticous
01-04-2006, 08:44 AM
<U>Let's</U> hope.

No, nevermind that, let's <U>hope</U>!

Jebus
01-04-2006, 08:48 AM
One can only hope.

Cuchulainn
01-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Was the American version not good? Over in Blighty it was amazing. Jimmy Carr owns.

Dreddz
01-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Did america take the show from UK, I remember the UK version with Jimmy Carr. Was mad, I think people just tuned in to watch Jimmy, he is so damn hilarious.....

SammieBabe
01-04-2006, 04:19 PM
I thought it was hilarious, the American version, that is. I've obviously never seen the UK version. Jimmy Carr is hilarious.

Zeldy
01-04-2006, 04:36 PM
I think I know what show you mean. My parents didn't let me watch it but I did anyways xD But ofcourse, with Jimmy Carr its even funnier.

Wasn't the prize a mini which if you answered questions wrong they damaged it?

Dreddz
01-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Wasn't the prize a mini which if you answered questions wrong they damaged it?
yep :)

GooeyToast
01-04-2006, 09:50 PM
It was ok, not the greatest though.

Lindy
01-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Any American version of English comedy is always, always awful.

It's not your fault, English comedy just doesn't work in an American setting.

Stick to making your own comedies, they're far superior to your versions of ours.

Dreddz
01-04-2006, 09:57 PM
I have to agree somewhat, The Office in US is awful. While The Office In Uk was genius......

Alixsar
01-05-2006, 03:13 AM
The real reason this is noteworthy is because it means there's hope yet for a second season of Stella.

I don't know about that. I rarely got a chance to watch Stella since I typically work at night, but I know that Comedy Central stopped advertising new episodes pretty early into the season (though they did keep showing them). Also, Americans are stupid so I doubt it'll get brought back. After all, if there's no profit to be had they why bother airing it?

As for Distraction, it falls into the realm of other Comedy Central game shows like Beat the Geeks and Win Ben Stein's Money: I never really thought it was funny, but I watched it anyway because...well, it was on.

I think we're all beating around the bush, though. The real issue here is that Comedy Central needs to start making new episodes of Strangers with Candy. A movie isn't good enough. We need a new season.

Slade
01-05-2006, 03:19 AM
Distraction was great. I loved that show......just not the American one that came out recently. What a way to ruin it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-07-2006, 07:50 AM
I don't know about that. I rarely got a chance to watch Stella since I typically work at night, but I know that Comedy Central stopped advertising new episodes pretty early into the season (though they did keep showing them).On the contrary, they advertised every single episode. I could probably even recall which clips from the show they used in each commercial if I gave it some thought.