PDA

View Full Version : Desert Tose

Paninipower123
01-04-2006, 07:51 PM
I have a question, I heard that you can get a Gold Chocobo without doing all that damn work by giving some man in Kalm an item called the desert rose. How do I get that?

Edit: I meant Rose

Shoden
01-04-2006, 07:55 PM
XD, ROFL, LMAO. Deja vu again!

Just capture a bunch of chocobos around the globe, release all of the err un needed ones untill you get a great and good chocobo, let them do their "business" and voila green chocobo, fight 10 battles return get those 2 chocobos to do it again and hopefully you should get a blue chocobo, if one is a male and the other female make them do it and you got yourself a BLACK chocobo (it raps!) now get the black hocobo to do a wonderful chocobo and hopefully a gold chocobo shall be born.

There was an old thread from August/september called desert rose and it err got spammed to the max that's why I laughed.

Anniexo
01-04-2006, 07:56 PM
ya get a blue chocobo and a green one one has to be male and the other has to be female and give them the right nut (can't remember with one it is) and you'll get a black one then get a woderfull yellow chocobo and with a nut zioe nut i think you'll get a gold chocobo. for a better way of what i just said go to the chocobo tips page or wait for someone to post a better one for you. oh and you need two A class yellow chocobo to get a blue and green one (race them to get higher class) and the black and other yellow one at class A aswell

Shoden
01-04-2006, 07:58 PM
I got a gold chocobo without racing.

Paninipower123
01-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Um I know that, I wanted to know how to not do all that work because I heard about the desert Rose item.

Shoden
01-04-2006, 08:04 PM
get a gold chocobo and go round the glob e getting rare materia. Mime and KOTR. Go to battle arena, get omnislash and W summon then get final attack and phoenix.

Kill ruby weapon and get the rose.

Killing Ruby is the only way to get teh rose.

Paninipower123
01-04-2006, 08:07 PM
What would be the point of making my own Gold Chocobo and then fighting Ruby Weapon just to get an item that gives me the same thing? -_-

Desert Wolf
01-04-2006, 08:17 PM
But you need a Gold Chocobo to get the Knights of the Round and you need that to beat Ruby easy.Hes not that impossible without it though.You can beat him in 5 moves with it.lol.

Shoden
01-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Because Ruby weapon has over 80k HP and he can easily wipe you out. Beating Ruby weapon gives you more of a sense of satisfaction and hopefully the guts to take on Emerald weapon.

TheSpoonyBard
01-04-2006, 08:20 PM
You don't need KotR to beat Ruby. She's not that difficult if you enter the battle with just Cloud alive, use Dazers or Hades and Mime Omnislash. KotR just makes the battle quicker.

In my opinion Ruby is more difficult than Emerald.

Paninipower123
01-04-2006, 08:26 PM
But the whole point that I want a God Chocobo is to get KotR. Guess I\'ll have to see what Ruby is made of.

Desert Wolf
01-04-2006, 08:32 PM
You don't need KotR to beat Ruby. She's not that difficult if you enter the battle with just Cloud alive, use Dazers or Hades and Mime Omnislash. KotR just makes the battle quicker.

In my opinion Ruby is more difficult than Emerald.

Yeah i know.Hades rocks.Hes not nearly as hard as Emerald!

Shin Gouken
01-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Yeah i know.Hades rocks.Hes not nearly as hard as Emerald!

emerald is a pussy. ruby kicks my arse

sorry to go off subject :cool:

Desert Wolf
01-04-2006, 09:12 PM
I always found Ruby to be the crap one.Bu i dont want to post how to beat him easy here cause its already off topic enough.lol.

The Gold Chocobo you get off Ruby wont be as fast a racer as the one you'll get yourself.

redxiiii
01-04-2006, 09:52 PM
emerald is a pussy. ruby kicks my arse

sorry to go off subject :cool:

I agree Emerald is a Pussy but Ruby rocks!!
......I also apoligise for going off topic.

Shin Gouken
01-04-2006, 09:55 PM
I like how we all go off topic and then apologise for it, as if that makes it ok :P

sorry for going off topic

Neco Arc
01-05-2006, 04:49 AM
you can use bahamut zero - quadra magic to beat ruby...

Deathchant
01-05-2006, 10:41 AM
just breed your own chocobo's. It's easy BUT....it takes time!
I don;t know how fast the chocobo is you get after ruby weapon...but my own breed has a speed of 147km/u!

Indeed. Hades makes Ruby stop. Just mime the omnislash and I guess after 2 times ruby is awake, then cast hades again and mime omnislash

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
01-05-2006, 11:00 AM
I dunno

TheSpoonyBard
01-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Deathchant, Hades doesn't Stop Ruby - it Paralyses her. Also, you cannot Mime Omnislash if you have interrupted the flow with Hades. If you Mime after that you'll just cast Hades again.

sub zero
01-05-2006, 01:49 PM
you need gold chocobo to get mime dont you? i know how to get with highwind but not gonna tell till 10 diffent people ask how. offer closes at 12:00 on friday

TheSpoonyBard
01-05-2006, 02:14 PM
You only need a Green chocobo to get Mime. The Highwind trick is easy. Just position the ship so when you land the Highwind is on one side of the mountain and Cloud appears on the other.

Desert Wolf
01-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Ah well.I just used the chocobo.Both Weapons are pretty easy actually.
If you have KOTR that is.

TheSpoonyBard
01-05-2006, 02:53 PM
They're also pretty easy if you don't have KotR.

Deathchant
01-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Deathchant, Hades doesn't Stop Ruby - it Paralyses her. Also, you cannot Mime Omnislash if you have interrupted the flow with Hades. If you Mime after that you'll just cast Hades again.
Yes I know. I mean, make sure your limitgauge is full, at the beginning, cast W-Summon Hades + KOTR (linked to HPabsorb for the healing).

You could mime this, and you have the insurance of your limit (and mime this) when above fails in any way. Well, if you cast Hades, Ruby is out of movement (so he is stopped). All creatures who are STOPPED are being alive again after a while, so paralyse, stop, petrified whatever you like to call it.

Deathchant
01-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Since I don't want to create a new topic for a minor question, i'll ask it in here.
I read about the Special Battle in the GoldSaucer after you gain omnislash and w-summon... it should be unlocked, but i have ALL items from the battle arena, but no special battle for so far.

NOTE: i am going with Bugenhagen to the ancient city now (after the underwater huge materia).

Maybe I have to be further in the game in order to unlock thefinal battle....I can't remember anymore, so i was hoping that someone could help me out.

I really need the final attack materia and 3 ribbons (which creatures should I morph in the special battle for the ribbon?)

Rhi
01-05-2006, 07:14 PM
you morph the tonberries (or master tonberries, i think it's master tonberries but im not really sure. it's DEFINATELY a tonberry) in the northern crater to get a ribbon. the battle is to do with the items, are you sure you got them both?

TheSpoonyBard
01-06-2006, 03:20 AM
To gain access to the special battle you need to have bought and learned Omnislash, have purchased W-Summon and must be in possession of Cloud's Ultimate Weapon. You forgot about that last part.

You can Morph a Master Tonberry in the Northern Crater or a Ho-Chu in the Special Battle for a Ribbon.

dragoonknight_kain
01-06-2006, 03:36 AM
Is Ruby strong against Cloud's Ultimate weapon? Coz I can only do 500 of damage per hit with Omnislash, even if my HP is at 9999 (my attack power is over 230).

Deathchant
01-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Hey ForestOwl.

Indeed! I still have the Heaven's Cloud! I must fight the Proud Clod in order to get Ragnarok and Ultimate weapon is later on in the game. Ah thanks for your answer!

Ho-Chu? Those are that creatures who cast BIG POLLEN, right? These also appear in regular battle. Maybe I can morph those ones too. Can you confirm this?

TheSpoonyBard
01-06-2006, 02:53 PM
dragoonknight_kain, in order to damage Ruby you need to wait until she buries her claws and raises her tentacles. Anytime before that she will be virtually invunerable to attacks of any kind.

Deathchant, Ho-Chus only appear in the Special Battle. They were supposed to appear in the Ancient Forest as well, but they were left out in the final verison of the game.

Deathchant
01-06-2006, 02:55 PM
hey ForestOwl,

Are we talking about the same Ho Chus -> http://www.geocities.com/avl_clan/TTA/FF7/3/Ho-chu.jpg

I fought this one many times before in the regular battle square fights.

TheSpoonyBard
01-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Yes, sorry. I meant they only appear in the Battle Square. You won't find them in random encounters though. Morphing a Ho-Chu found in the normal battles at the Battle Square will still reward you with a Ribbon.

Neco Arc
01-06-2006, 03:18 PM
I still have the Heaven's Cloud! I must fight the Proud Clod in order to get Ragnarok and Ultimate weapon is later on in the game. Ah thanks for your answer!

it is possible to get Ultima Weapon before even entering Midgar at end of disk 2...

Deathchant
01-06-2006, 05:36 PM
@ForestOwl: thanks for your answer!
@Neco Arc: i told you before that these answers (of which you know people will ask "how is it possible then" ) are no good to any of us.

next time if you say such things, give the explaination already. That way, needless post like "tell me please" can be avoided

Neco Arc
01-07-2006, 04:07 PM
@ForestOwl: thanks for your answer!
@Neco Arc: i told you before that these answers (of which you know people will ask "how is it possible then" ) are no good to any of us.

next time if you say such things, give the explaination already. That way, needless post like "tell me please" can be avoided

er.. explanation? Er... you fight ultimate weapon by ramming him with the highwind whenever you see him flying around... I thought it was obvious.... (he escapes after a set time but his hp will not regenerate)

Deathchant
01-07-2006, 04:57 PM
when is ultimate weapon flying allover then? It should be between the bugenhagen ancient city thing and after diamond weapon thing....

i did not come this far yet. I must go to the ancient city first

Neco Arc
01-08-2006, 03:43 AM
when is ultimate weapon flying allover then? It should be between the bugenhagen ancient city thing and after diamond weapon thing....

i did not come this far yet. I must go to the ancient city first

oh.. i thought you were already at midgar... anwyays you can start fighting ultimate weapon after defeating Diamond Weapon and it should be hovering over the lake near junon

dragoonknight_kain
01-08-2006, 10:54 PM
dragoonknight_kain, in order to damage Ruby you need to wait until she buries her claws and raises her tentacles. Anytime before that she will be virtually invunerable to attacks of any kind.

I tried that and it doesn't work. I can deal 9999 each attack if it is Bahamut ZERO or KOTR, whether Ruby's claws are in or out of the ground. The same goes for physical attacks, it does 950 damage on normal attacks or 450 if on omnislash. Are you saying that I must attack the tentacles? If it this is what you mean, will it damage Ruby or only the tentacles?