PDA

View Full Version : FF8 theories

Desert Wolf
01-04-2006, 08:29 PM
I light of all the theories going around I found this (http://faqs.ign.com/articles/495/495769p1.html)!

Its a plot analysis and should cover anything you want to know.And no I dont think it covers the Great Salt lake but then again you cant tell how long the fossils were there cause its just a game.

Sir Bahamut
01-04-2006, 08:35 PM
That covers the very basics well enough, but it contains quite a few blatant errors, unfounded assumptions, and overcomplications of some issues.

The main problems are all in her writing on Time Compression, the time loop, and especially her Rinoa = Ultimecia section. You'll find a far more detailed, accurate description of those aspects in the "Time/Ultimecia Plot FAQ" found here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/197343.html

It's on the same place you found that Plot Analysis actually.

Oh, and I have confronted the author with the errors, but she merely said she was too busy to do anything with the FAQ in the foreseeable future.

Desert Wolf
01-04-2006, 08:37 PM
I see.Well i only found it and i said id post it.I havent had agood look through it.

Discord
01-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Pretty long though. Quite a neat piece of work.

Shin Gouken
01-04-2006, 10:17 PM
I light of all the theories going around I found this (http://faqs.ign.com/articles/495/495769p1.html)!

Its a plot analysis and should cover anything you want to know.And no I dont think it covers the Great Salt lake but then again you cant tell how long the fossils were there cause its just a game.

i don't care if this is off topic. nothing this person says can be trusted :mad: stupid fool thinks tonberrys first appeared in final fantasy vi

Neco Arc
01-05-2006, 04:40 AM
*wondering whether FE will post in this thread*

Desert Wolf
01-05-2006, 10:47 PM
i don't care if this is off topic. nothing this person says can be trusted :mad: stupid fool thinks tonberrys first appeared in final fantasy vi

What FF did they first appear in then?;)

Shin Gouken
01-05-2006, 11:07 PM
What FF did they first appear in then?;)

lol ummmmmm ive only played ff from ffv and i know they appear here :)

darn you got me :rolleyes2

Desert Wolf
01-05-2006, 11:15 PM
lol.:D

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-06-2006, 01:19 AM
I've seen them in FF III

Christmas
01-06-2006, 02:49 PM
THEORIES. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=68988)

Sir Bahamut
01-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Tonberries first appeared in Final Fantasy V (thanks to Wikipedia for information).

Christmas: That theory trailed off into arguments with Future, so perhaps a new one is in order anyway...?

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Ok, thanks for the info. on the tonberries.

YTDN
01-15-2006, 10:22 AM
I bet 100 m00fins that Future Esthar will come here.

Desert Wolf
01-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Maby.

Just thinkin.If FF8 was in yeah 15 whatever then can the square team travel through time!?!It all makes sence!!!

Noj_R
01-15-2006, 11:26 PM

According to this theory ( and i read almost everything :) ). I dont see how Rinoa could be Ulti, the theory explained there is almost entirely speculation, BUT ( if it is true ) then when Ulti is defeated in the third universe everyone lives happily ever after because there is no Ulti in the future now....

But my speculation above can only be true if the fact of the matter is this: Sorceresses cannot possess their WHOLE being into someone. Sure Edea and Rinoa are possessed by Ulti, but it is only mind control. This means the R = U theory ( referred by Desert Wolf's link ) can only be true if this is possible: that sorcerresses can inhabit a person's body with their ( the sorcerresses ) whole being ( soul, age, etc. )...

If the above theory is true, than sorcerresses can act as parasites of sort. They transfer all of their being and live in the host. That being said, then and ONLY then could Ulti get to the future....There is not really any evidence in the game supporting the idea that a sorcerress can transfer all of their being into another person and "live" in them, transferring to other people when need be and manipulating everyone to accomplish their goal ( which in Ulti's case was getting to the future so she can use Junction machine Ellone ). The only thing I saw was that of mind control NOT full soul transfer ( by soul tranfer I mean the whole being of the sorcerress besides the body being transfered ).

Am I making any sense? This is all speculation and such, I'm not indoctrinating anyone. And I know it was probably confusing, but after all it is my first FF8 theory speculating thing. :D

By the way Desert Wolf, thx for the article. That was quite an interesting read. I thouroughly enjoyed it.