PDA

View Full Version : what genres of music do you like

moogle maniac
01-04-2006, 08:57 PM
well i like asian artist and asian pop

i like Koda kumi,utada hiruku,V6,dreams come true,nobou Uematsu (liberi fatali such a great song) and some korean bands but i dont know their names:confused:

Chris
01-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Well, most of my life I've listened to reggae/ roots/ disco/ soul. I love disco music for it's soul and rhythm. I mostly listen to Grace Jones, which is a mix of all of those genres.

Venom
01-04-2006, 09:40 PM
I mostly listen to Megadeth.

Brian The Pink Shark
01-04-2006, 09:43 PM
my favorite genres are Heavy Metal and proggressive, im currently listening to Led Zepplin but i also enjoy Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, Judas Priest, wishbone Ash etc :choc:

Pouring Rain
01-04-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm listening to "Don't Forget About Us" by Mariah Carey and I like just about any kind of music execpt Country and I'm not that big on Rap.

jrgen
01-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Right now I am mainly listening to symphonic and gothic metal aswell as some non-metal orchestral/classical music.

~SapphireStar~
01-04-2006, 10:19 PM
I prefer my rock, punk and 80s music. I havent been listening to any new bands, just stuff I already have. New stuff is just pop/R'n'B/emo crap.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-04-2006, 10:57 PM
We already have a what music are you listening to thread, but I don't THINK we have an active "what music genre do you like" thread.

Thus, this thread will be that, unless I find another one, at which point it will be closed.

Carry on.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Any kind that isnt country or rap :)

The New Kid
01-05-2006, 01:02 AM
Hardcore/screamo bands like The Bled, Thrice, Poison The Well, and Thursday. I also enjoy listening to The Mars Volta and At The Drive-In. I adore Radiohead and Soundgarden. I listen to random jazz pieces occasionally, some rap (mostly Tupac), and a touch of latin music. Absoulutely no country music, though. Idiots. Nobody cares about your pick-up truck, get off my TV.

SoulTaker*
01-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Rap, Rap and more Rap, mostly old stuff from 2pac, Biggie, Rakim, Wu Tang clan, and some new stuff like Dip Set, talib kweli and some crunk, not all just some. I also dig some Rock like Linkin Park, Seether and Disturbed, most anything hard but good to the ear.

GooeyToast
01-05-2006, 01:12 AM
Experimental Rock, Fusion, Death Jazz, Alternative, Funk Metal, Indie, Heavy Metal, Progressive Pop

Orestes
01-05-2006, 01:25 AM
Anything, really. I can only stand so much country, though.

Dreddz
01-05-2006, 01:29 AM
Rap/Hip Hop/RNB/Dance/Reggae/DNB/Garage
Mostly those, Ive found songs that I like from other genres, but I mainly like these lot :)

Leeza
01-05-2006, 01:35 AM
Metal and Rock are my preferred genres. :cat:

WonderingBeaner
01-05-2006, 11:53 PM
DOn't have one...I can just about lisen to any kind of music

Kirobaito
01-06-2006, 12:03 AM
I like folk music, for the most part. John Denver, James Taylor, Eric Andersen, etc. However, I was raised on country music, so I'll always love that, too. Brooks and Dunn and Alan Jackson are both great. Even if I don't really listen to it on the radio anymore, country music from the 90's is still very important to me.

escobert
01-06-2006, 12:05 AM
East Coast rap.

Lindy
01-06-2006, 12:50 AM
I don't like genres, I like specific bands, groups or artists.

I prefer to define and enjoy music by the individual artist or artists, rather than the genre they fit into, because most genres are complete junk definitions anyway.

kikimm
01-06-2006, 02:27 AM
I'll just say rock, and leave it at that.

a nirvana fan
01-06-2006, 10:04 AM
I like tons... hip hop, rock, punk, grunge(especially grunge), heavy metal, brit pop, indie, alt rock, general rock, a tiny bit of dance(bands like Faithless and Prodigy), and I like whatever sounds good.

Project G
01-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Metal, emo, goth, drum and bass, dance/ techno, rap, indie, classical

xtreme112
01-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Any kind that isnt country or rap :)

Agreed
My favourites are rock/alternative and techno, but everything in moderation! and every form of japanese music rocks ^_^ although i can almost never hear these.

DK
01-10-2006, 01:03 AM

I prefer to define and enjoy music by the individual artist or artists, rather than the genre they fit into, because most genres are complete junk definitions anyway.

Damnit, dude, quit being so hot.

I mean, quit being so right everywhere. It's no fun for the rest of us. :mad2:

robfinalfantasy
01-10-2006, 01:24 AM
THRASH!!!
Exodus
Destruction
Dark Angel
Living Sacrifice (first album)
Alastor
Overkill
etc.

and some speed metal
Helloween (first album)
Bulldozer
Blind Guardian (first album)

Slade
01-10-2006, 03:06 AM
Most forms of Rock.

Lindy
01-10-2006, 04:06 AM
Damnit, dude, quit being so hot.

I mean, quit being so right everywhere. It's no fun for the rest of us. :mad2:
Look, music is like, the only topic where I don't get my inbox filled with messages from mods and admins threatening bannination, alright?

Give me freakin' SOMETHING.

Oh yeah, and I saw Hundred Reasons and Hell is for Heroes AT THE SAME CONCERT, and I was like, inches from them in a tiny venue made for about fifty people crammed with over two hundred.

They didn't play Pop though =(

DK
01-10-2006, 04:28 AM
Huh. Well, the last two times I saw them, the most recent time they came out without Colin and opened the set with it, and the time before that they opened the Encore with it. What'd they open with this time? And who headlined?

Lindy
01-10-2006, 04:31 AM
HIFH and H*R were co-headliners, but HIFH were last.

They opened with My Sympathy, and played a bunch of new songs. Kill Your Own is like <3

They, like, came off the back of a heavy tour, so they were a bit worn out I think.

Crushed Hope
01-10-2006, 08:05 PM

I'd like to know how the genres have junk definitions?

Anyways, I listen mainly to metal and its various sub-genres.

Lindy
01-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Look at "Rock", a million different styles of bands are defined under that, so how can it be all those things at once?

Someone says they like "Rock", then who knows what the hell they like?

I'd rather just stick to using the bands I like to show what I like, rather than pissing around with genres that could be anything.

Rocket Edge
01-10-2006, 10:35 PM
id listen to anything, apart from most country and pop. i like dance and rap music the best tho.