PDA

View Full Version : Anna and Golbez playable?

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
01-05-2006, 12:41 AM
If i'm correct, I remember seeing that Anna and Golbez are playable characters in the game but they are never used at any point in the game... I suppose it was for the scences that they appear in (e.g. Bushhag) so I wouldn't say they are dummies... but is there a way to add them to the party? like with Game Genie or Action Replay?

abrojtm
01-05-2006, 12:52 AM
Golbeze-yes. Anna, no.

Golbeze actually has a purpose: The cutscene just before the final battle (W-Meteo anyone?). Generally by using a hack/cheat to place him in your party will give him either dark knight Cecil's face on the menu or a random assortment of pixels. He either has no skills or the game bugs up when it's his turn. You can, however, simply replace one of your characters with a different "skin" of Golbeze in which you keep your character, they just look like Golbeze in battle.

Anna only has two sprites: http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy4/NPCs/Individuals/Anna%20-%20Battle.gifhttp://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy4/NPCs/Individuals/Anna%20-%20Block.gif Not usable in battle.

01-05-2006, 01:11 AM
I read that Anna's equipment is all Trash Cans... and how would I get the code to change party?

Memoria
01-05-2006, 06:52 PM
I've never heard this, and I don't believe it to be true.

abrojtm
01-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Anna cannot join your party, she doesn't have equipment (even dummied equipment). Golbeze can't join your party either, it just looks like he does by replacing one of your character sprites with his. Look on GameFAQs for a code or something.

crashNUMBERS
01-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Here's the thing, you people have to read your words that you type. You said that they are playable but not used. That makes them non-playable. What's the point if they're playable but can't be used?? Your bassically saying you can use them but you can't...

01-10-2006, 12:45 PM
It makes sense, dummy characters were characters that may have had an original usage or a character that would be playable... but after time they decide that they don't want the character but still keep the data...

BUT Anna and Golbez are used... Anna appears when Edward fights the BushHag... and Golbez fights CPU-controlled at the end... they aren't dummies... they are playable and can be used, but it's likely that everything will mess up if you use them..

Reine
01-11-2006, 12:41 AM
Yes, I had Golbez in my party by using codes, I gave him Tellah's command set (Black White) since he is a sorcerer...

I had a lot of fun messing with the codes

Memoria
01-11-2006, 01:03 AM
It would be fun to see Golbez in my party. He'd be standing between Cecil and Rosa saying "I wuv you lil brother!" Because I think of weird random things like that.

Christmas
06-23-2022, 06:41 AM
Is Golbez equip-able? I wanna wear Golbez! :bigsmile: