PDA

View Full Version : Wild Arms 4

Khaotic
01-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Discuss the new coming Wild Arms 4 released the 10th of Jan.

I plan on getting it, what about everyone else?

Venom
01-05-2006, 11:36 AM
I defienetly plan on getting it.

Khaotic
01-05-2006, 12:08 PM
I hope their is voice acting, I know lots of people don't like it but I personally do because it makes me feel more involved, hearing their voices, and getting a real picture of their character instead of reading it myself. In the alter code F they took out all the words, japanese I mean, not even in battles which kinda sucked. I also hope the main character talks =X I hate it when the main character doesn't talk, and just nods or shakes his head instead, you get no real character that way.

a nirvana fan
01-05-2006, 12:39 PM
I played Wild Arms 3, it wasn't great, I might get this one, try it out, if it's like Wild Arms 3 then I am returning it straight away.

~SapphireStar~
01-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Interesting. I loev the WA series and I want to get this one, but also Wild Arms Another Code, which is a remake of the first game.
Does anyone know if either are getting a UK release?

Khaotic
01-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Interesting. I loev the WA series and I want to get this one, but also Wild Arms Another Code, which is a remake of the first game.
Does anyone know if either are getting a UK release?
No idea =/ sorry.

The battle system from 3 and 4 is supposed to be completely different, 4 is more strategic.

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/573/573637/vids_1.html

there is some battle videos, its like everyone is on a square or something and you can move around, I picture it as the fight with umm.. some keeper from FFX, sanctuary keeper or something like that.

Hmm after watching that first video(its english o.0) i got a pretty good idea of how it works, first off there is voice actors in english(proven from that video) and its like.. theres 6 boxes around 1 center one, you can only move and attack from 1 connecting box, so like you can't attack a monster that isn't touching the box you're on, but you can use items that have wider range, and monsters can't attack you, etc, so thats where the strategic part comes in and I guess you can have "tanks" closer to the mobs so they attack it and stuff, looks pretty fun.

Coop
01-06-2006, 12:00 AM
im playing wild arms 3 right now and i can't find the worlds footprints i hate how they make you scerch like that

Dreddz
01-06-2006, 12:31 AM
I never got into the first game, so I just leave Wild Arms alone altogther