PDA

View Full Version : Question about Flare/Ultima/Auto-Life/Holy

Mythra
01-06-2006, 12:36 AM
1000 apologies if this has been said before or a million times, but is there any other way to get these spells for your characters besides having to go through the garment grid process? I mean, is it possible to have your characters learn them permanently? Any help would be appreciated

Renmiri
01-06-2006, 02:41 AM
1000 apologies if this has been said before or a million times, but is there any other way to get these spells for your characters besides having to go through the garment grid process? I mean, is it possible to have your characters learn them permanently? Any help would be appreciated

Holy you can get by using Excalibur form the Warrior DS.

As for Auto-Life, you are correct. Changing dresspheres in those 2 special garment grids is the only way to get it. So just forget about it. It takes way to long to cast it. Your girls will be dead before you manage to get it cast...

It is better use Unerring Path as your garment grid and go to a special dressphere with more than 9,999 HP. Then you can survive Ultima and it is MUCH faster. (It is just L1, L1 and R1 as opposed to all the junk to get Auto Life spell then you still have to cast it... :mad2: ). You shouldn't need Auto Life if you get one of the Special Dresspheres.

There is Flare on Yuna's Special Dresphere - Floral Falal, with another name and much more poweful as it hits more than once.

Yuna's floral suit is my favorite, but the other ones are pretty good too. If just two dresspheres is too little for you pick one of the "triangle" garment grids and add a "Lore "accessory to get to another dressphere spells. For instance, white lore accessory enables you to use white mage abilities. Black lore, black mage abilities, etc. I managet to go the entire chapter 5 with one of those 3 sphere grids on Yuna: Gunner, Mascot, Berserker and Samurai Lore

Mascot lets Yuna use Warrior and Dark Knight skills (and Paine can use Samurai and Black Mage skills. Rikku can use White Mage and Berserker spells on her Mascot dressphere). Mascot is also the DS that gives more HP from all of them. Mascot has automatic Ribbon, Protect and Shell just by using it, which frees your equipment slots for other stuff. Add a 100% HP Accessory and you get your girls to 9,999 HP or pretty close to it.

Markus. D
01-07-2006, 01:22 AM

acc for auto-life.

Ultima can be rarely cast by festival goer.

the actual Holy (not a less lived version of it like the warriors) can only be cast by GGs in FFX-2 normal.

and well, Flare kinda poos in this FF anyway, go with Flare Whirl like Renmiri said.

Mythra
01-07-2006, 02:30 AM
Okay thanks everyone for the response. I had just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a way to get the actual spells in your spell list (learn them as you would fire or something like that) before I searched high and low for a way to do it in the game. Again thanks :)

yunafan11
01-25-2006, 10:41 PM
I think you would have to use a garment grid or using a dressphere. I mean, I think they have to learn it.