PDA

View Full Version : Drawing anime/manga etc

a nirvana fan
01-06-2006, 10:14 AM
OK has anyone got any step by steps guides on how to draw anime and manga and any other japanese style drawings, if so please please tell me, I've looked around on the internet but there all rubbish.

~SapphireStar~
01-06-2006, 03:33 PM
I bought some books from Amazon that are very helpful and I also just practised sketching. You may not completely agree with some of the ways people use to draw, just see what you come up with yourself and see if you feel comfortable with that.

a nirvana fan
01-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Well I've attempted to copy the styles from Pokemon and Dragonball Z, that failed, I tried doing "my" style, but I just can't get the hang of it.

Yew-Yevon
01-06-2006, 05:35 PM
try these sites... http://www.tyrotinge.com/flurgy/tutorial/ http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/tutorial.html

a nirvana fan
01-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Ok thanks a lot, I'll check them out now.

Rocket Edge
01-06-2006, 07:21 PM
why dont you draw only the bits in the drawing that you need to work up on and draw that. it maybe the eyes, hair, torso etc. try using differant media also, as everybody has differant abilities with differant textures.when i draw, i make sure to concentrate on the direction of the line, and the curves involved in it. hope this helped, if any...

a nirvana fan
01-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Hmmm well I think I can draw the basic face from the links, now I know how to do that, I can edit the hair, eyes, lips, facial expressions etc to make my own character.

moogle maniac
01-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Try drawing real people first when your reasonably good at that try drawing manga. Also look at other artists work and try and emulate that in your drawings. thats what i have done it works

Shin Gouken
01-06-2006, 09:48 PM
i used to be a fairly good cartoonist several years back but that was through serious practice. i cant draw straight up like that anymore, but i found its quite easy if you start of with the basic stick man, then add shapes etc leading into the detail at the end. half an hour practice a day is enough to become really good really quick

Rocket Edge
01-06-2006, 10:37 PM
i used to be a fairly good cartoonist several years back but that was through serious practice. i cant draw straight up like that anymore, but i found its quite easy if you start of with the basic stick man, then add shapes etc leading into the detail at the end. half an hour practice a day is enough to become really good really quick

true, i was told that all drawing is is sketching shapes.

Rocket Edge
01-06-2006, 10:39 PM

true, all drawing is is sketching shapes...

KoShiatar
01-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Did you try the "How to draw manga" book series? They're very helpful.

Tai-Ti
01-08-2006, 11:06 AM
look in your local big book store, they sell tuts there.