PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears?!?

Treize
01-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Why does no one ever talk about xenogears anymore it was a great game and had a great storyline that could only be beat my some games

~SapphireStar~
01-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Are you blind? Look round the forum, people DO talk about it!

http://forums.eyesonff.com/search.php?searchid=371755
Here. Loads of topics with Xenogears mentioned.

Vyk
01-06-2006, 10:21 PM
... we bring it up for comparison and praise so often people are calling it "over rated" like FF7. Which is sad. 'Cause that means people are getting turned off to an excellent game. Some maybe never even tried it, and now don't want to.

Treize
01-06-2006, 11:46 PM
but it sould be a bigger topic like the final fantasys. does everone think only FF's are good RPGs there are so many games that are Rpgs that conpair or are better then the final fantasy games like Xenogears, Breath of fire 1,2 &3 (i dont like the other ones) Earthbond,Star Ocean 2, and who could forget Super Mario RPG: legend of the Seven Stars.

~SapphireStar~
01-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Cause its a Final Fantasy forum! Thats why it has the biggest section. Go to a forum named after one of those games and chat about it in one of their bigger sections, or stay here and post in what is avaliable. These games havent been ignored and have been disgussed, you just need to start looking.

Treize
01-07-2006, 01:30 AM
but most of these games are made by spuare enix and if this is only a final fantasy form y are there cronocroos and trigger forms?

Coop
01-07-2006, 01:54 AM
o boy lol it's just cause chrono trigger is just to cool but i really don't like chrono cross

~SapphireStar~
01-07-2006, 02:12 AM
if this is only a final fantasy form y are there cronocroos and trigger forms?
I never said it was just a Final Fantasy forum, I meant that because its a FF forum, there will be more sections for it.
This one is called General Sqaure Enix with this caption:

Discuss any other Square Enix games which don't already have a forum, such as Vagrant Story and Xenogears. NOT XENOSAGA.
So THIS section your posting in is what your moaning for?!

Treize
01-07-2006, 03:05 AM
good point but i would still like it if they had a xenogears form

~SapphireStar~
01-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Join an Xenogears forum then if you want just 100% Xenogears.

Treize
01-07-2006, 04:43 PM
well do u know if there are any

~SapphireStar~
01-07-2006, 04:52 PM
I dunno, I dont love it that much. Try Google.

Dreddz
01-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Xenogears wasnt released in alot of places, EU the big one, that is one reason why it isnt taslked about much, cause only you smelly Americans can talk about it. I did, however decide to import it, shame on those who didnt/cant.

kikimm
01-07-2006, 06:08 PM
We don't have a Xenogears forum because it really doesn't generate enough discussion to warrant one. Simple as that. :D

Also, yeah, I'm also sick of hearing about Xenogears. I love the game, it's beyond excellent, but I don't want to hear about how genius it is all the time.

Treize
01-07-2006, 08:02 PM
1 im canadian 2 xenogears is the best and 3 i will try google thanks

Dreddz
01-07-2006, 11:40 PM
1 im canadian
Meh, same thing..

CloudDragon
01-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Xenogears is the best square RPG. There's a lot of devoted Xenogears and Xenosaga sites out there, just do a little searching.

Dreddz
01-07-2006, 11:58 PM
If we gave it a forum it would get more attention if you ask me.

Vyk
01-08-2006, 01:00 AM
Some people like it being a relatively unknown and underplayed jewel.

Treize
01-10-2006, 01:57 AM
you all right but xenosaga.................:mad2: i couldnt play because i bought a new one and it wonted work on my ps2 so now i bought a new one but sold xenosaga so now i have to find it and i would be more divoted to a xenogears form if this site had one

Myself^2
01-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Join an Xenogears forum then if you want just 100% Xenogears.

(check my sig. :D: )

Anyway. I've only seen a few XG topics around here.
I'm not trying to complane. Just saying what I see.
(This.... comming from a guy that only comes here every now-and-then. :riiight: :riiight: )

charchar
01-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Meh, same thing..

not really... we canadians don't have nearly as many guns. but seriously, i don't want Id to become the new sephiroth. xenogears is awesome (xenosaga, not so much. you're not missing a lot, the mech designs look like poo)

~SapphireStar~
01-18-2006, 06:14 PM
not really... we canadians don't have nearly as many guns.
How do you know? Do you keep a log count?

but seriously, i don't want Id to become the new sephiroth.
But seriously ... youve lost me ...

Havoc
01-18-2006, 10:32 PM
sapphirestar, you're being harsh!!

~SapphireStar~
01-19-2006, 12:12 AM
In what way am I being harsh?

Vyk
01-19-2006, 12:24 AM
She's not being harsh. She's being mature. If anyone took offense to that, you've got troubles ahead in life. As to "finding" ~SS~, I see you live in the UK, where the game was supposedly unreleased. So forgive me for assuming you haven't played it and might not know of Id. So I'll explain: Id (which is actually pronounced, in case someone out there is calling him I.D. or something. It's a psychological term I believe that has to do with an alter-ego because he is one) had a Sephiroth complex you could say, in that he was the main hero's anti-thesis (in more ways than one). A character called Grahf could be held up to the same candle, except that he's old and ugly. Id is young, has red Sephiroth hair. Except he could probably hand Sephiroth his ass. I was amazed when I first saw him. First time I ever saw a Square game break the 9999 damage limit(almost two-fold). (i.e. he literally owned someone on his first appearance).

DJZen
01-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Some people like it being a relatively unknown and underplayed jewel.

That's funny, I thought you just said some people like it being a relatively unknown and underplayed jewel.

~SapphireStar~
01-19-2006, 12:37 AM
I have got it (downloaded it) and played it, but not very much of it sadly. I have to play it more, but thanks for clearing that up for me Vyk :D My apologies charchar.

Vyk
01-19-2006, 01:45 AM
That's funny, I thought you just said some people like it being a relatively unknown and underplayed jewel.
There are forums and webpages dedicated to it, people don't pay attention. One explanitory post from me isn't going to change anything about that :P

charchar
01-19-2006, 04:23 AM
none taken, i hadn't been on yet today to see the post. :choc2: well, it's all been explained, but Id is a character from xenogears that everyone would be obsessing over and saying OMGSOCOOL the way they do with sephiroth, is all.

Dreddz
01-19-2006, 09:45 PM
As to "finding" ~SS~, I see you live in the UK, where the game was supposedly unreleased. So forgive me for assuming you haven't played it and might not know of Id.
Most Uk'ers import the game, like me.....its a hassle though...

DJZen
01-19-2006, 10:48 PM
There are forums and webpages dedicated to it, people don't pay attention. One explanitory post from me isn't going to change anything about that :P

My point was that it's easily one of the most well known and sought after RPGs on the PS1. Relatively unknown and underplayed would better describe a game like Klonoa.

yuno
01-25-2006, 06:09 PM
xenogears is great...until the 2nd disk where basically everything is inaccessible (other than a few map points).exploring isnt a lot of fun anymore.i mean,what is there to explore when you're done with those few (and small as well) locations that you have access to?

MetaphysicalManifestation
01-25-2006, 07:27 PM
I've just started playing it, and I must say it is one of the most boring games I've ever played. 'Just like Evangelion' my arse, it had better get really good really soon...

nik0tine
01-25-2006, 09:44 PM
I've just started playing it, and I must say it is one of the most boring games I've ever played. 'Just like Evangelion' my arse, it had better get really good really soon...
I felt the same way when I first played it. Where are you at, the stalactite cavern? Trust me, the game gets way, way better.

MetaphysicalManifestation
01-26-2006, 03:05 AM
I'm in Bleedavik, gathering info. God, just let my fight in the fucking tournament already...

TurkSlayer
01-26-2006, 03:25 AM
there are so many games that are Rpgs that conpair or are better then the final fantasy games like Xenogears, Breath of fire 1,2 &3 (i dont like the other ones)

BoF1 wasn't that good, and BoF3 was just okay. Bof2 is great though.

Anyway, I see Xenogear refered to all over this site. It's mentioned in nearly every conversation containing comparisons to other games. sadly, I myself have not played it. I mean to pick up a copy somewhere, though. EBay is my best bet.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-26-2006, 03:46 AM
I got mine on eBay brand new and really cheaply. Don't regret it at all.

The game does build up a bit slower than some, but it's a very involved plot and very good. If you aren't willing to immerse yourself in the story, however, you may want to look elsewhere.

Vyk
01-26-2006, 04:30 AM
The beginning I still hold as just about the best intro to a game ever. Doesn't take long at all to get into the thick of it. From that moment on I couldn't stop. There are bumps along the way I suppose, but they're totally worth it in my humble opinion.

feilacan
02-01-2006, 06:51 PM
www.xgam.org and also search for "Xenogears: The Nisan Sanctuary".....those are 2 very good sites for everything xenogears.

Havoc
02-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Xenogears is a gift from God. Let's cross our fingers for Xenosaga III, also.:choc2:

edczxcvbnm
02-02-2006, 12:42 AM
Why don't people really talk about Xenogears? EASY! The game left nothing to question for the most part. It isn't like FFVII where there is a mysterious backstory that was poorly explained. It doesn't have a great many side quests or super tough boss battles for people to talk about strat.

Everyone is pretty much in agreement that this game is beyond awesome and there isn't anything to really argue about which makes for boring conversation.

It also helps that there is no R=U theory to this whole game.

Sephex
02-02-2006, 05:44 AM
YES THERE IS!!!!!!!!!111

Okay, maybe you're right. Anyway, the reason why I don't talk about the game (which I really loved, by the way) is because I don't remember enough detail of the plot to really talk about. I would be all like, "Fei had cool moves and he was naked at the end." You guys would be all like, "RELIGION ANONONLYGY EVANGELION OMG!!!"

-N-
02-04-2006, 01:27 AM
I used to frequent www.zenosaga.com. Go there.

theundeadhero
02-04-2006, 07:21 AM
It had it's own forum a few years ago but it was too slow so they scrapped it.

The game really starts to get good once Fei is alone in the desert. I think that's shortly after the Stalactite Cave but it's been 4 1/2 years since I've played it.

Myself^2
02-10-2006, 02:33 AM
www.xgam.org

Yes. :D Great site.

@ MetaphysicalManifestation:
Don't worry, it really picks up.