PDA

View Full Version : best tactic to beat sin?

Robster
01-07-2006, 03:36 AM
I try my last aeon the one which does 27000 damage, used one of his attacks which takes 8000 of, but sin's overdrive reach's its full peak when theres 100000hp left in him, what to do , what to do> :(

ffxfreak93
01-07-2006, 05:08 AM
have you got the celestial weapons yet?

Markus. D
01-07-2006, 08:59 AM
you dont need them.

just use ranged spam.

and an Aeons overdrive or 3 :)

its a goner.

ffxfreak93
01-07-2006, 10:48 AM
its much faster though..

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
01-07-2006, 01:58 PM
ok, charge up all ur aeon's overdrives and wakka's overdrive a well. first use wakka's attack reels to take of a fair bit of damage then use ur aeon's overdrives, starting from anima and going downwards. its a goner

Markus. D
01-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Have Yuna on Black Magic.

Lulu on Buffs and magey spam (her overdrive).

and some other character to take in the single target attacks with provoke.

Soul of Tarsis
01-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Cast Hastega

Markus. D
01-07-2006, 04:54 PM
that aswell

boys from the dwarf
01-07-2006, 04:56 PM
haste is very important and only use aeons overdrives near the end of the battle when sins nearly dead because they have a large drag and let sin take about 2 turns before the aeons next turn.

rubah
01-07-2006, 05:14 PM
I just hit him a couple of times for 99999.

ScottNUMBERS
01-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Don't use Aeons. The aim of this battle is take as much damage as possible before he gets his overdrive bar to the max, which results in an instant game over.

Using basic math we can determine why using your players are more at your advantage than using Aeons;

Aeon: One attack for each sin attack.
Players: Three attacks for each sin attack.

It might be worth your time to learn Doublecast because this lets you cast two spells in one turn. (Flare or Ultima are good in combination with this ability). Hastega or Auto-Haste (On all three of your characters) also will be VERY useful. If you have Quick Hit remember to use that instead of attacks.

A good choice of characters may include Tidus (for fast attacks), Auron (For strong attacks), Wakka (His attacks reels are good for dealing damage, if you can get all three x2 Wakka Executes twelve attacks) and Lulu (If you can learn Doublecast and Flare/Ultima) Yuna is more usefull for Magic attacks as she has a higher Magic stat but Lulu learns Doublecast if you follow her correct path on the sphere grid.

Charge your most most powerful Aeons overdrive bar to the maximum before heading into this battle (generally Bahamut at this point). Then keep your eye on Sin's HP when he falls below what you think your Aeon can deal in damage hit Sin with your Pre-charged overdrive.

4evarisha
02-02-2006, 12:08 AM
just use 1 hit the sisters sandy kill him with 1 razzia cool

daniel kid
02-02-2006, 05:11 PM
train up til completed grid,get celestials for party and go KICK IT'S ASS

Tavrobel
02-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Do NOT use Aeons. They will fill up 1/2 of his overdrive bar with an attack, as is the case between Aeon vs. Aeon battles. and after you will suffer 3 turns of wait. If he simply uses these turns to charge, you are DONE for. Depending on the version, (NA in this case), if Tidus can do above 2000, then you are fine. Simply have him cast hastega (you will then have anywhere from 5-8 turns for every Sin turn), and pound away with him, Wakka, and Rikku/Auron. Switch out Lulu for Wakka or Auron/Rikku if you have doublecast, or One MP cost on a weapon. Sometimes, he will inflict statuses on you, so heal them quick. By the time his bar is 5/6ths of the way there, he will die. For insurance, if his HP is below 9999 (a weapon with sensor is the best way to find out), have an aeon use his overdrive. If you are lucky, he may get an overkill, providing you with... absolutely no bonuses, just the orange bar saying "you killed him past the point needed".

starseeker
02-03-2006, 07:25 PM
I just had Rikku mix a trio of 9999, got Tidus to use hastega, and used wakka and lulu for range, Tidus, Auron and Rikku close up. I never found this battle hard.

tidus_rox
02-03-2006, 07:32 PM
ya you shoulnt use aeons... They make his overdrive guage go up faster. Only use an aeon for the final blow. Just keep pumbling it with powefull attacks and black magic spells, doublecast ultima and flare (depending on mp).

teaandmachines
02-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah, just get the Magus Sisters and use their overdrive twice. It'll kill him both times. For Yu Yevon, just cast Flare and Ultima.

rikkupainegoofydonald
02-04-2006, 03:06 AM
Just have 180-255 STR with celestial weapons and weapons with Break Damage Limit to kill Sin in two hits... 99999 damage (w/ BD) to sin with Celestials is a must.

Seto Fett
02-04-2006, 06:22 AM
Before I enlight, I have fought Sin Overdrive mode two times now. First time, I used Aeons with their overdrives, second time I beat it without Aeons, just my party. I definitely recommend the most simple way which worked for me. DO use the Aeons. Make sure all of them are in Overdrive mode then summon Anima as soon as the fight begins. Use Oblivion. Next, summon the Magus Sisters and use the Delta Attack.

I got overkill on Sin just like that. I only used those two and nothing else. And no, my Aeons were not well-trained or had much experience, as I just received Anima and the Magus Sisters just before I fought Sin. This worked for me, so if Sin doesn't die after those attacks, just summon Bahamut and he should finish it off.

Sain Cai
02-05-2006, 04:21 AM
^ I agree. If you did any sort of leveling up, and acquired the Magus Sisters, this topic really isn't an issue. Mindi's Passado can eliminate him immediately.