PDA

View Full Version : do you know how in the end... (spoilers i guess)

blackmage_nuke
01-07-2006, 06:35 AM
you know how magic dissapears in the end, does that mean Relm loses her sketch power, strago loses his lore (blue magic) power, mog loses the dance magic thing, and sabin cant do all those magic related attacks? im just curious to what you think by when they say "no more magic"

boys from the dwarf
01-07-2006, 08:09 AM
relms scetch is involves magic because without it how woulf the pictures come alive? stragos lore is obviously magic and since when have dances been able to cause geomany type damage? the only explanation for that is magic. mog could porbly still dance but if he did it in battle it would make him look stupid.

KoShiatar
01-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Relm and Strago's powers derive from being descendants of the ancient Magic Knights, so, even if in the game they work without Espers, I suppose they lose them all in the end.
Tina and Celes sure lose all their special powers.
Sabin's Blitzes derive their power from Magic stats, but story-wise they're martial arts, so it's doubtful.
Mog's skills and Gogo's Mimic ability are of unexplained origin.
Cayene's sword techniques, Edgar's machines, and Umaro's attacks are purely physical, so they stay. I suppose Shadow can still throw normal Shuriken and weapons, but the ones with magic effects added don't work anymore.
Gau probably loses every magic-related enemy power and retains the others.
Setzer's Slots, well...uh?
I'm forgetting someone.

Slothy
01-07-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm forgetting someone.
Locke. And I'm willing to bet he can still steal at the end of the game.

NeoCracker
01-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Sabin would so keep his blizts

KoShiatar
01-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah, Locke will go on stealing...woops, I meant treasure hunting.

xtreme112
01-09-2006, 12:33 AM
Why does it matter, the game was already finished...

blackmage_nuke
01-15-2006, 06:42 AM
but how about at the end when relm says, "be quiet or i'll paint your portrait" which suggest she still has her powers

charchar
01-18-2006, 06:46 AM
maybe just a random threat. like if i say i'm gonna stab you in the eye, i assume you have a safe bet i'm not actually going to do it. or, maybe she has yet to discover wether or not they are gone.

i think if Mog's dances would still have their effect, so would Relm's sketching.

The Man
01-18-2006, 06:53 AM
The only ones that would be likely to stay are Blitz, Steal, Throw, Rage, SwordTech, Mimic, and Tools, and even some of those would probably disappear.

KoShiatar
01-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Relm can still paint portraits (painting does not require magic...) but they will no longer have magical properties. And it's not just a random threat...think about what she does to Ultros. ^_*

charchar
01-19-2006, 04:46 PM
well, i meant she probably wouldn't do it to her own grandfather either way