PDA

View Full Version : Emerald and Ruby guides

Emerald weapon
01-07-2006, 05:51 PM
I've been playing FFVII since i was six and i've still not defeated emerald or ruby weapon could any1 give me a guide for either 1?I have KoTR,Mime,Counter,Final attack,all my parties ultimate weapons and their hp is 9999(with about 3 masterd hp plus).....P.S.I don't want to spend ages mastering all my materia

Shin Gouken
01-07-2006, 07:26 PM
lol the ffvii forum is filled with strategies for emerald and ruby that people can't help sharing :D

i can't help too much with ruby but there are plenty off experts in here which will give you flawless strategies for him.

hmmmm emerald in my opinion was easier to fight without any materia exept for the underwater materia. You will have to defeat JUST the HP attacking eyes/jewels and leave the MP ones active. You have no materia, and such, cannot use magic, your MP is useless anyway. this means that while the two useless jewels are active, he will not revive the HP attacking jewels. his aire tam storm will inflict 1111hp only on the character holding the underwater materia. Give that character a hp+ materia and hopefully that will mean they have 9999HP. now aire tam storm will inflict 2222HP on them because they are holding two materia. 9999HP take away 2222HP = 7777HP which is good for the damage. for other attacks, use t/s bombs to inflict 9999HP everytime.

this is long and repetetive and would need a maximum amount of t/s bombs to work. also /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif loads of pheonix downs and healing items. avoid limit breaks as this will destroy his last jewels.

someone will give you an easier method i garantee. but you'll get a bigger sense of satisfaction beating him with just two materia.

Emerald weapon
01-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks I'll give it a shot but keep them coming folks!:cool:

ljkkjlcm9
01-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Ruby is real easy, the Hades summon will stop it and then just do whatever you want. Being able to summon Hades more than once is important though because it doesn't last forever. SO I w-summon Hades then KOTR, then mimed it(at least the easiest and safist way to do it)

THE JACKEL

Desert Wolf
01-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Yeah Rubys easy.

First have Cloud equipped with:
Final Attack + Pheonix
W-Summon + KOTR

Second party member(Dead) with:
Mime + hades

Third party member(Dead) with:
Mime

Make sure the two of them are dead before you start the battle.
The reason for this is,if you have 3 alive at the start Ruby will keep using whirlsand (which wipes away one member completly) until theres only one left.Then he will put his hands in the ground (which means he cant use it again)

So if you start with only one member alive then he puts his arms in the ground straight away.Ok first use pheonix on his arms which appear behind you (Ruby will counter with Ultima if you attack him).So thats all your party alive.Now get your second member to cast hades on Ruby paralizing him.Now cast w-summon+KOTR on Ruby and then mime it with the other two.

And thats petty much it.
1.Pheonix
2.hades
3.KOTR
4.Mime
5.Mime(If you even need it,he might be dead.)

So thats him beat in 5 moves.lol.And people say hes harded than Emerald?

Now for Emerald.

Basically have all your best stuff with you.And have a few turbo ethers,elixers and mega elixers too if you can.

have Cloud with:

W-Summon+KOTR
Loads of HP and MP stuff and the underwater materia.

Second member with:
Mime
Final Attack+Pheonix
Loads of HP and MP stuff

Third member with:
Mime
Quadra+Ultima
Hp and MP stuff again

Make sure everyone Hp is at 9999 and MP is at 999.

First cast W-Summon and KOTR with Cloud and mime with the other two.He might attack in between mimes.If he does manage to kill everyone you'll all be revived by Pheonix.Use a Turbo Ether on Cloud and go again with the w-summon+KOTR.If he doesnt attack you then a quadra Ultima will kill him off after the KOTR's are finished.(Yes all 12 of them)

So thats it.You might have to think a bit yourself in battle depending on what Emerald does.IMO hes a lot harder than Ruby but if you know how there not so bad.It takes ages for all the KOTR's.First time i did it me and my friend started a boardgame to pass the time while we fought him.lol.Have fun!

Copyright Desert Wolf.

?????
01-07-2006, 11:40 PM
I've been playing FFVII since i was six and i've still not defeated emerald or ruby weapon could any1 give me a guide for either 1?I have KoTR,Mime,Counter,Final attack,all my parties ultimate weapons and their hp is 9999(with about 3 masterd hp plus).....P.S.I don't want to spend ages mastering all my materia

Dude, if you've been playing it since you were six, you should have mastered every materia twenty times over by now. Hell, you should have figured out a way to hack Omega Weapon into the game and beat HIM.

dragoonknight_kain
01-08-2006, 01:36 AM
That Double Cut materia you get on Gaea's Cliff (before it, actually, in the snowfield) really helps. If you have it for 4x-Cut and Cloud with Ultima Weapon and 9999 Hp, you can attack Emerald for 40,000 damage each turn, 3 turns and it does almost the same damage as KOTR. I defeated him only because of this. By the end of the battle I couldn't summon KOTR anymore and my Limit bar was empty, so I took him down with this. Of course, this is a secondary attack, as Limit Breaks and KOTR do more damage, but if you can't use them, the 4x Cut is great.

Neco Arc
01-08-2006, 03:26 AM
That Double Cut materia you get on Gaea's Cliff (before it, actually, in the snowfield) really helps.

what the smurf?

Emerald weapon
01-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Dude, if you've been playing it since you were six, you should have mastered every materia twenty times over by now. Hell, you should have figured out a way to hack Omega Weapon into the game and beat HIM.Yes i've been playing since i was six but av not kept the same file since a was six,I dont think anyone has done that,the fact that memory cards might break or the file might get corrupted,since av started playin FFVII av probably went through 20 files all completed,but recently av started a file which has EVERYTHING in it,but av not got time to master all the bloody materia and 1 last thing,Omega weapon????wth

Neco Arc
01-08-2006, 01:25 PM
and 1 last thing,Omega weapon????wth

he was being sarcastic... don't worry about it... there isn't a omega weapon in FFVII

Desert Wolf
01-08-2006, 01:30 PM
he was being sarcastic... don't worry about it... there isn't a omega weapon in FFVII

Or IS there.......mwahahahaha!:p

Neco Arc
01-08-2006, 01:32 PM
no but there is a chocobo and cheese weapon....

Desert Wolf
01-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Yeah.They were b*****ds to beat!!!Dont remind me again!

Emerald weapon
01-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Cheese weapon lol any1 got a pic?

Desert Wolf
01-09-2006, 12:03 AM
No but someone posted a pic of Chocobo weapon in the "Why is FF7 the best thread"(Or whatever its called.lol.)

dragoonknight_kain
01-09-2006, 01:25 AM
what the smurf?

Sorry, the Double Cut is in Gelnika, the one in the snowfield (Great Glacier) is the Added Cut Materia.

Desert Wolf
01-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Its in the cave before the snow i think.Or maby thats something else....

Emerald weapon
01-09-2006, 09:08 PM
you know ive never gotten alexandra from there:confused:

Desert Wolf
01-10-2006, 06:46 PM
I never bothered gettin him.Too much hassel and you get the master summon anyway.

Deathchant
01-11-2006, 07:04 AM
I have made a [HOWTO: Chocobobreeding] guide. But since I am a Dutchy....i must translate it first. Also an Emerald and ruby guide, it takes years.

I think Desert Wolf made a good post with his tactics for beating Ruby. Very useful points there!

I am thinking of making a guide in English too for Chocobo breeding and Emerald and Ruby-beating. But I am going to ask some moderators to make those posted guides sticky, so everyone can read it before posting a question.

Like this:
FF7 forum----
----[STICKY Topic] -- HOWTO: Breed chocobo's
----[STICKY Topic] -- HOWTO: Defeat Emerald and Ruby
----[STICKY Topic] -- HOWTO: Obtain special Weapons/armor/accessory/(key)items/materia
----[STICKY Topic] -- HOWTO: Level up characters and materia

Explaination:

Breed chocobo's
how to breed them, feed them, race them and how to obtain the carob and zeio nut etc. etc.
Defeat Emerald and Ruby
this looks clear to me.
Obtain special Weapons/armor/accessory/(key)items/materia
how do you get apocalypse, ziedrich, mystile, ribbon, key to ancients (or what key), mime, finalattack etc. etc.
Level up characters and materia
Area's of good uplevelling, which weapons/armor/accesory is best, which enemies for most AP, etc. etc.

In these topics ONLY a decent howto, no further questionposts.
Of course makers of these topics can adjust the topics when a new strategy is revealed.
But I think we have to ask the moderators of this forum. Because I think this approach will create an overview of all things here.

Desert Wolf
01-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Im planning on making a full walkthrough for the game but i wont be making it til the summer when i have time to sit down and play the game and write my guide as i play.

yuno
01-21-2006, 06:16 PM
ruby is real easy.weak point:stop.dazers (item) work perfectly.easy to get as well.make sure 2 members are dead before you fight ruby.

emerald is much harder.mystile is very advisable.imagine a miss popping out after aire tam storm and you have all materia slots occupied.