PDA

View Full Version : Futurama

Venom
01-07-2006, 06:11 PM
So what does everyone think about the show Futurama?

I think its awesome.

kikimm
01-07-2006, 06:13 PM
I don't really find it all that funny. But I'll watch it just for what's on afterwards.

The only one I really like on that show is Zoidberg.

Zeldy
01-07-2006, 06:14 PM
I like it ^_^

Suikojowy
01-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Brilliant. I love channel 4, they show it at 7 am and 9 am now so I can watch it every morning before going to college (I start at 8 or 10 depending on the day)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-07-2006, 06:25 PM
It's rarely funny, and even when it is, it's "Heh heh, I see what they did there" comedy, which really doesn't cut it.

a nirvana fan
01-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Yeah I really like Futurama, I watch it when it's on TV and it's not failed to entertain me:D I think Bender and Dr. Zoidberg are the best characters....

Shin Gouken
01-07-2006, 06:48 PM
i really don't want to spark a debate in here, but tbh i think it's far better than the simpsons, which by now has become really old. However futurama is considered a family programme which means they are limited to what they can show and such will never be as good as family guy (in my opinion)

errr yeah i like futurama :greenie:

jrgen
01-07-2006, 06:58 PM
It is great. It is better than The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, South Park and all those cartoons.

Samuraid
01-07-2006, 08:29 PM
It's entertaining and funny.

Black Angel
01-07-2006, 08:59 PM
So lol funny...:D But yet Family Guy is somewhat funnier...

Brian The Pink Shark
01-07-2006, 09:25 PM
one of the greatest animations out there :choc:

Cz
01-07-2006, 09:49 PM
I used to adore Futurama, but having watched each episode a dozen times it doesn't have the same charm as it used to. If only it hadn't been cancelled... :(

~SapphireStar~
01-07-2006, 10:48 PM
The only one I really like on that show is Zoidberg.
Same here and Leela. Fry annoys me cause no-one, not even in animation land, can be that stupid ...

It is better than The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, South Park and all those cartoons.
No way. For me The Simpsons and Family Guy are far more superior. The old episodes of course, not the new crap.

Shlup
01-07-2006, 10:49 PM
I really liked Futurama. :o

Mitch
01-07-2006, 11:43 PM
Futurama is my all time favourite show hands down. I have the dvds

Dreddz
01-07-2006, 11:47 PM
I only found out a few months ago it ended lol
It was ok, not something I intended to watch, something I'd com eby flicking channels.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Hmm.. I dont like it as much as Family Guy but its somewhat funny :D

Del Murder
01-08-2006, 01:39 AM
I like it. It's like The Simpsons, only not as good, but still that's pretty good. The wild ways they portray the future is always amusing. 'The lost city of Atlanta!' Good stuff.

Dreddz
01-08-2006, 01:50 AM
Im glad they put all the good jokes in the Simpsons, I would prefer 1 awesome show and 1 Average show than 2 mediocre shows......

kaborockie
01-08-2006, 02:31 AM
Futurama is second to none. Zapp would have to be my favorite character. You could say that I'm obsessed with futurama.

krissy
01-08-2006, 02:35 AM
I like it. There's actual emotion that can be found in the show sometimes, which is not something a lot of comedy cartoons do.

Slothy
01-08-2006, 02:53 AM
Same here and Leela. Fry annoys me cause no-one, not even in animation land, can be that stupid ...

Homer's been a bigger idiot for the better part of a decade, but whatever.

Definitely my favorite animated sitcom ever, just barely nudging past Family Guy. Now I do love the Simpson's, but it hasn't been even remotely entertaining in at least 6 years if you ask me. A few months back I watched two episodes from last season to see if it improved. I'm currently waiting for Fox to give me that hour of my life back.

Slade
01-08-2006, 03:32 AM
I like Fururama more than the Simpsons. I love both shows but Futurama is better in my opinion.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-08-2006, 03:41 AM
Homer's been a bigger idiot for the better part of a decade, but whatever.

But its funnier how stupid Homer is.

Giga Guess
01-08-2006, 05:06 AM
I like it....it saddened me when it was cancelled.

crashNUMBERS
01-08-2006, 06:02 AM
I like Futurama but I like The Simpsons better, but I like Family Guy on top of that...

Reles
01-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Futurama > * It appeals to me more, I like the future setting and as Not At All Reno said about there being other emotions in it. I like that a lot, like the episode where Frye tried to figure out how he got Leela to love him back was putting I love you in the stars. ;-; That touched me and the episode where Frye thought his brother stole his four leaf clover. ;-; So good. Now I want to watch it.

Rengori
01-08-2006, 08:08 AM
i really don't want to spark a debate in here, but tbh i think it's far better than the simpsons, which by now has become really old. However futurama is considered a family programme which means they are limited to what they can show and such will never be as good as family guy (in my opinion)

errr yeah i like futurama :greenie:
Yes, this is exactly why there was an episode revolving around Fry, Captain Branagin, and Kif being deserted on an amazonian planet only to be sentenced to death by sex.

Anyway, Futurama's brilliant!

Slothy
01-08-2006, 02:14 PM

That comes down to personal preference. Like I said in my last post, I haven't found the Simpsons (Homer in particular) funny in at least 6 years. I always found Fry both funnier, and more likeable.

Death by snu-snu. If I had to choose a way to go.....

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
01-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by ff7+ff10 gurl 100:

True. True
Futurama was good for a few laughs but as long as they show old simpsons episodes along with family guy and american dad,Futurama will always be on bottom.
I watch the Friday night line up on TBS and I like the other animated shows better.

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 02:47 PM
i dont find it funny at all.

but its sorta like when you watch the simpsons... you can see repeats like 8 times in a row and not get tired of them.

GooeyToast
01-08-2006, 09:37 PM
It may not be as funny as the others, but it makes up for that with story and cleverness. I find the characters to be one of the best aspects of the show.

I'd say Futurama is my second fav animated show, slightly behind Family Guy, but very close.

Mythra
01-09-2006, 01:28 AM
Futurama is a great show, but when you see the same episode on Adult Swim for the upteenth time, it can get old really quick. imo it doesn't age as well as the simpsons or family guy. i can watch numerous re-runs of either of those shows and not tire of it.

Demon666
01-11-2006, 05:26 AM
I love bender and fry..... it reminds of how extraordinary a bad@$$ and a confused embecile can closely bond.........

I think they should start another season soon..............
maybe someone should start a poll..........

edczxcvbnm
01-11-2006, 07:01 AM
Futurama is awesome. So many great episodes

"With my last breath I curse ZOIDBERG!" - Professor

Mr. Kyusaku
01-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Man I love that show! There's at least 15 good laghs in every episode. The proffesor, bender, zoidberg, hermies, all have the best lines!

Proffesor: Good news everyone! Oh, my no.

Bender: Bite my shiny metal @#$!

Zoidberg: Whoop,Whoop,Whoop,Whoop,Whoop!

Hermies: My Manwhich!

HA,ha,ha!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Little Jane
01-12-2006, 10:19 PM
I love that show! :D It always gives a couple of laughs, and great comedy.

Rengori
01-12-2006, 11:44 PM
I love bender and fry..... it reminds of how extraordinary a bad@$$ and a confused embecile can closely bond.........

I think they should start another season soon..............
maybe someone should start a poll..........
I think FOX stopped taking these for more Simpsons...

marc
01-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Unless this has been sed b4 I heard of a futurama movie rumor, even though they stopped maing them.

Brian The Pink Shark
01-13-2006, 04:20 PM
i believe the Futuramam movie rumour is genuine they even have an entry for it at www.imdb.com :choc:

Shine On...
01-15-2006, 08:11 AM
I loved Futurama, I thought that the show was funny, Clever, Intelligent, and overall very well put together. I know some people who don't find it funny, and I Can't understand it! I thought it was Hilarious! I mean Its so much better than the Simpsons New Crap, And (Dare I say It, I know I will get countless death threats if I do, screw it, Its already thought of) I also noticed that Family Guy seems to be getting a little Stale (For Me anyway). Maybe its a good thing that they cancelled Futurama, so It never did get stale, but If you are watching reruns... constantly... It can be annoying.
But I really thought Futurama was a great show, I plan On buying the DVD's.

YTDN
01-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Futurama pwns the Simpsons. Th eonly simpsons episodes I like are the Treehouse of horror episodes, because weird stuff can happen.

I watch Futurama reruns all the time. They never ceaae to entertain.

Big D
01-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Futurama is the best thing ever animated, in my opinion. Smart humour, clever writing, brilliant referencing/parody of all things Classic Sci-Fi. It's rare that I find myself genuinely caring about fictional characters, especially in a comedy series, but Futurama managed to hook me properly. I'm only mildly ashamed to admit that The Sting can still make me want to cry.
The series has a lot of 'hidden depth', too - things a casual viewer can overlook, but are pretty evident once you get to know it. Like all the humour that's centered around Fry's stupidity, when in reality he's fairly clued-up about certain things, just lacking wisdom/foresight/priorities/maturity sometimes. Plenty of subtle hilarity in the dialogue, too - as well as the blatant stuff.
I can see why the series isn't for everyone, but in my opinions it's rockin'. Got the entire series on DVD now, which is fortuitous since a revival is apparently getting closer...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv--radio/off-the-planet/2005/12/10/1134086846734.html

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117935453?categoryid=14&cs=1&s=h&p=0

I'm hoping they revive the series as a small number of DVD movies, rather than returning it to TV. Part of Futurama's appeal lies in the limited number of episodes - as has been said, it never got a chance to become truly stale or unimaginative. It'd be good for them to make a strong finish, rather than to degenerate into obscure mediocrity like so many other once-successful shows.

Madame Adequate
01-15-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm hoping they revive the series as a small number of DVD movies, rather than returning it to TV. Part of Futurama's appeal lies in the limited number of episodes - as has been said, it never got a chance to become truly stale or unimaginative. It'd be good for them to make a strong finish, rather than to degenerate into obscure mediocrity like so many other once-successful shows.

This is precisely why I currently prefer Futurama to The Simpsons.

I do think Family Guy tops them both, but only just. Classic Simpsons is incredible stuff, as is pretty much every single episode of Futurama.

But yeah, Futurama is an awesomely funny show, and can be quite touching at times. Zoidberg and Zapp are great characters, incidentally. (Zapp's far stupider than Fry IMO)

starseeker
01-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Yeah, the running jokes about Leela and Zapp's relationship never cease to be funny. Ditto Zapp and Kif, his long suffering assistant.

Brian The Pink Shark
01-15-2006, 11:27 AM
the expression in bender's voice when he finds out that Leela and Zapp had sex is classic

also the robot hell song is fantastic :choc: