PDA

View Full Version : Any Strong PSP RPG's ?

Dreddz
01-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Ive neglected my PSP in the recent months, and have decided to buy another game for it. Ive been looking at a list of the RPG's for the system and Ive havent seen any that have caught my eye so much. So I'd like to know some peoples opinions on any decent ones I may have looked past.
Thoughts ?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-07-2006, 08:21 PM
PoPoLoCrois appears to be compelling, but hey, that's just what I've heard from gamers, not reviewers.

a nirvana fan
01-07-2006, 08:25 PM
I haven't played these but I've seen them...
Untold Legends
Xmen Legends 2
Dynasty Warrios(I'm not sure if you can call that a RPG or not?) anyway there's not that many..yet

~SapphireStar~
01-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, Tales of Eternia will be released on the 10th of Feb and I had this series for the PS1 and it is a good series.

Shlup
01-07-2006, 10:46 PM
I've been playing The Legend of Zelda on my PSP. It's good. :D

Dreddz
01-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Ahhhhhhhh Naughty Naughty
*plays mega man* :shifty:

fantasyjunkie
01-09-2006, 05:40 AM
it would be so cool if some of the old FF's were ported to PSP, FFIV, V, VI, VII, VIII.

Ryth
01-10-2006, 02:55 AM
Not many RPGs have been released on the PSP, mostly duengon hacks (i.e. Untold Legends, X-Men Legends II) and tactics games (PoPoLoCrois and Lord of Rings Tactics, which I heard weren't that great but I don't have a PSP so I shouldn't say) you're best bet would most likey The Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion (nostalgic action RPG remake of an old PC title) or Kingdom of Paradise (good action RPG). There is some new releases Untold Legends II (duengon Hack), Monster Hunter Freedom (PSO-style action RPG similar to the PS2 one but of course a different control scheme due to the single analog stick PSP), Bounty Hounds (futuristic Diablo like action-RPGs with the ability to use guns and melee weapons), and most importantly (to me) Generation of Chaos a strategy RPG from our good friends at Nippon Ichi.

I got everything I put here from a magazines so what I've said about the games aren't my opinons. Just saying, this is what I know.

Dreddz
01-10-2006, 04:58 PM
The one Im most eagerly awaiting is Crisis Core, but thats not coming out anytime soon.
In the mean time, Ill just stick with RPG's on my PS2, In the future when better RPG's come out for the PSP, Ill be getting them definately.

Erdrick Holmes
01-18-2006, 04:24 AM
We need that Suikoden 1 and 2 released here.

Necronopticous
01-18-2006, 07:18 AM
I haven't been interested in any RPG style titles on the PSP as of yet for one reason of another. I refuse to play Kingdom of Paradise because the cover art looks like a 3d Studio Max modeling 101 class student's final class project, complete with bad texturing and stupid looking unrigged pose.

Vyk
01-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Nippon Ichi's throwing PSP a bone

Rostum
01-18-2006, 09:57 PM
It'd be cool if the got Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross on PSP and actually released it in Europe and Australia. ;D

Vaprice
01-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Right now for the psp there really isn't any great RPG games out there. That's why I stick to the sports game. they have more and better sports games out for the PSP right now. ^^

Maxico
01-18-2006, 10:43 PM
It'd be cool if the got Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross on PSP and actually released it in Europe and Australia. ;D

1. You can emulate Chrono Trigger.

2. PSP games are reigon free. So if they did release an English Language version you could just import it.

Rostum
01-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Sounds good Maxico.

And Kingdom of Paradise doesn't really look that bad at all. Sure the art isn't the best thing around but it still is rather nice. I've only been checking out the main site, but the features look pretty spiffy.

Dreddz
01-18-2006, 11:30 PM
You can emulate Chrono Trigger
You can, but OMG, SNES Emulators for the PSP at the moment are stupidly slow.

o_O
01-19-2006, 01:55 AM
I have Untold Legends. That's a pretty decent RPG. If you liked Diablo II, you'll like Untold Legends.

Rostum
01-19-2006, 05:34 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/eiyuudensetsuivakaishizuku/review.html?sid=6140677

That game looks pretty good. Tell me if I'm wrong though.

Hmm, birthday coming up. Can't decide between a PSP or a DS. =S Maybe I should just get something else instead. xD;

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
01-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Popolocrois is supposed to be a kiddy rpg.

Jowy
01-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth is supposed to come out in the distant future. Ys: The Ark of Napishtim's coming out in March, and that was a pretty decent old school action RPG.