PDA

View Full Version : Hawthorne Heights

Emery
01-07-2006, 09:04 PM
So Hawthorne Heights new album is releasing in February 28 this year. So how many are actually looking forward to listening to it? Reviews on the cd have been great soo far, from their first album there were alot of critics and not too great reviews. But from the ones Ive read it sounds like they have matured alot, and I actually downloaded an advance copy but Its not all the songs, But Im downloading it again from another one. But the songs Ive heard sound really really great ! I mean you can tell they have improved in their guitar playing, song writting, just as in whole the entire band and they sound as if they have their own unique sound now, than just being classified as just another EMO band. I just think they deserve more recognition for their work, their a great band, and if you enjoyed their first album, then you would definitely like this one. But if you didnt like their first album, I would say this one is definitely worth giving a shot to listen to.

Heres a review I found http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=99755

(edit)

cmon people I wanna hear your thoughts :(

Please don't double post, use the edit button instead! Give people some time to reply. You can't rush it, baby! -kikimm

Silverlocke
01-08-2006, 05:38 AM
i think they're hilarious in a laughing at them kind of way. "ohio is for lovers" gets slotted next to 'what is love' in my mind as fun joke songs to sing along to when my friend nikki and i are feeling jovial.

i will scim the new albums' lyrics to see if there's anything great enough to keep if i can remember to.

Momiji
01-08-2006, 05:41 AM
Okay, first off, I'm emo, and I think Hawthorne Heights is emo too.

Second, I LOVE Hawthorne Heights, they're one of my favorites. I can't wait for their second record, as their first was absolutely amazing.

XxSephirothxX
01-08-2006, 05:55 AM
The only applicable word that I can think of at the moment is ugh.

Momiji
01-08-2006, 05:58 AM
The only applicable phrase that I can think of at the moment is ugh...they're amazing.

That's right. :D

kikimm
01-08-2006, 05:59 AM
I like that Nikki FM song that I've heard, but I haven't listened to anything else by them. But they'll probably end up being not much better than "all right."

Momiji
01-08-2006, 06:02 AM
Hmmm...if you want, I'll send you a couple songs by them. Just ask. If you liked Niki FM, I think you'll also like 'Life on Standby', 'Silver Bullet', and 'Sandpaper and Silk'.

Emery
01-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Heh, sorry about that Kikimm. I think theyre great In overal, I mean sometimes people find their lyrics funny and such...but I mean I dont know I guess I dont becuase I feel like I can relate to them, and they take their music seriously, especially for them having ups and downs In reviews like it says In the review I posted, "you either love'em or hate'em" I think they definitely deserve props to continue what they've started no matter how many critics they have, becuase It must be hard to hear people ragging on your music, but then again so many people love it, but I guess that just kinda normal from every musician. But... Here you can listen to some other songs here, Silver Bullet "accoustic" is a real nice song there.

http://www.purevolume.com/hawthorneheights

The New Kid
01-08-2006, 05:22 PM
I've only really heard two songs by them, "Ohio Is For Lovers" and "Silver Bullet".

If they have improved as much as you say they have, I may take a look. Story Of The Year recently impressed me with their second album, so I'm curious if they've actually come into their own with their newest album.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Okay, first off, I'm emo, and I think Hawthorne Heights is emo too.

Second, I LOVE Hawthorne Heights, they're one of my favorites. I can't wait for their second record, as their first was absolutely amazing.

Emery
01-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I would definitely say their worth taking some time and listening to man.

Momiji
01-08-2006, 11:55 PM
And by the way, just a small correction to the first post, I heard that the new album is being released on the 28th of February, not the 23rd.

Rye
01-08-2006, 11:58 PM
They're alright. The only emo genre band I really listen to is Brand New, if they could even be called emo. I like Ohio is for Lovers, but that's about it. :)

crashNUMBERS
01-08-2006, 11:59 PM
I only heard "Niki FM" and thought it was OK...

Momiji
01-09-2006, 12:20 AM
If anyone wants to hear Hawthorne Heights (like if you hadn't before or something) feel free to ask me and I'll send you some songs by them. :D

Emery
01-09-2006, 12:43 AM
And by the way, just a small correction to the first post, I heard that the new album is being released on the 28th of February, not the 23rd.

Oh sorry I wasnt sure on the date leme go correct, Niki FM is a good song, but I think they have better ones like the ones that people dont know about like "Blue Burns Orange" and "The Transition". Or just go here to listen to some http://www.purevolume.com/hawthorneheights

Momiji
01-09-2006, 01:03 AM
Oh sorry I wasnt sure on the date leme go correct, Niki FM is a good song, but I think they have better ones like the ones that people dont know about like "Blue Burns Orange" and "The Transition". Or just go here to listen to some http://www.purevolume.com/hawthorneheights

Yeah, 'Blue Burns Orange' is one of my favorites, along with the last 5 songs on "The Silence in Black and White", 'Screenwriting an Apology', Ohio is for Lovers', 'Wake Up Call', 'Sandpaper and Silk', and 'Speeding up the Octaves'.

Project G
01-09-2006, 11:19 AM
I heard Niki FM yesterday and didnt think much of it, and I usually love emo bands

Momiji
01-11-2006, 01:21 AM
Must...keep...thread...alive...

I heard Niki FM yesterday and didnt think much of it, and I usually love emo bands

Try listening to 'Ohio is for Lovers' then. That one should change your mind.

Seifer
01-12-2006, 04:07 AM
I'm quite fond of Ohio is for Lovers and Until Her Heart Stops, and maybe two other songs, but when I heard Niki FM I wasn't too impressed. I thought it had this annoying sound about it.

I'm willing to give their music another chance if the next album is considerably better.