PDA

View Full Version : whats Mcdonalds like in the U.S.A.

Markus. D
01-07-2006, 11:59 PM
topic^^

just wanna know the differances.

Venom
01-08-2006, 12:00 AM
There...there is no diffrence its fast food...thats all it is.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-08-2006, 12:01 AM
There...there is no diffrence its fast food...thats all it is.

DarkLadyNyara
01-08-2006, 12:06 AM
Meh, it sucks universally. ;) (Kidding, kidding.) What's it like where you live? I need a basis for comparison.

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 12:08 AM
well, I mean, what kind of food do they sell there?

I work at one at the gold coast.

so err, what type of foods do they sell there that arent in australia.

and ummm... the nutritional information would be nice aswell.
im researching stuff.

rubah
01-08-2006, 12:09 AM
the one in St. Croix was rather unclean.

Chris
01-08-2006, 12:14 AM
There isn't really a big difference between the McD's worldwide. I've eaten at McD from Hong Kong to Copenhagen to Manila to Paris. I didn't really notice any difference between the restaurants.

Shoeberto
01-08-2006, 12:18 AM
We have a Venezuelan exchange student that we go out to lunch, and one day when we went to McDonald's, he said that the mediums here are the sizes of the large down there. Which just goes to show how much more gluttonous they expect us to be here.

SoulTaker*
01-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Well, you go in and order a Big Mac/Royale with cheese and French fries/chips, eat then leave, I always thought Burger King was better though.
http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/bk_birds.jpg
I heard Europeans put mayo on their french fries, ewww.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-08-2006, 12:24 AM
In America, all McDonald's are staffed entirely by midgets, and you can request to be beaten with a whip. Officially, it's only on the breakfast menu, but they're pretty flexible about it.

Rye
01-08-2006, 12:24 AM
Well, you go in and order a Big Mac/Royale with cheese and French fries/chips, eat then leave, I always thought Burger King was better though.
http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/bk_birds.jpg

:heart: you for posting that photo. xD

I don't think it is. I went to McDonalds in Italy a lot when I went there, it was the same, except you had to pay for extra packets of ketchup which sucked. Though the packets were bigger. :)

Shoeberto
01-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Ewewewewewwwwwwwwwww. Mayonnaise is the worst condiment ever.

Swifthom
01-08-2006, 12:27 AM
Actually, there IS a difference for McDonalds worldwide...
Having sampled McDonalds in the UK (home), america (slightly larger portions but otherwise the same), France (Fries are MUCh more salty), Germany, Poland and chekozlavakia (the latter 2 tasted weird, but I cant remember much about them except hte brugers had some interesting sauce in them that was like nothing in the UK)

Their the same meal but with slightly different touches...

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 12:29 AM
interesting.

Shlup
01-08-2006, 12:29 AM
I don't know the differences between US McD's and Aussie McD's 'cause I don't know what they have in Australia. My grandma said she went to one on the east coast though that served McLobster or some such thing.

My fiance's mother brought me McDonald's chopsticks from Italy. I thought that was weird.

And since you asked for nutrition info: http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/eat/nutrition_info.html

themagicroundabout
01-08-2006, 12:30 AM
I'm "European", and I would never condone such an action.

Lindy
01-08-2006, 12:31 AM
I have to agree with you there.

Xander, however, has like, an obsession with it.

Our differing opinion of condiments is really putting pressure on our relationship!

Rye
01-08-2006, 12:33 AM
I didn't know Mayo WAS a condiment, I thought people only put it on their sandwiches and that's it. Mayo on fries sounds so ick. But then again, I put ketchup on my eggs, so I can't talk much. xD

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-08-2006, 12:33 AM
Last time i went to Maccas in the philippines (5 yrs ago to be exact) they had a meal with spaghetti (sp?)

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 12:34 AM
I don't know the differences between US McD's and Aussie McD's 'cause I don't know what they have in Australia. My grandma said she went to one on the east coast though that served McLobster or some such thing.

My fiance's mother brought me McDonald's chopsticks from Italy. I thought that was weird.

And since you asked for nutrition info: http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/eat/nutrition_info.html

oh my fricken god, just browsing some of the maccas food.... :O, ... :O.

I dont believe how someone could touch that stuff :confused: :confused:

is it an accurate link?

Lindy
01-08-2006, 12:36 AM
I put ketchup on my eggs
You are no longer human in my eyes.

From now on, you are a...a...well, I'll come up with a new species for you later.

Chris
01-08-2006, 12:36 AM
Last time i went to Maccas in the philippines (5 yrs ago to be exact) they had a meal with spaghetti (sp?)
Yeah, in the Philippines you can get fried chicken with rice as well in McD.

~SapphireStar~
01-08-2006, 12:38 AM
You get free refills and the people who serve you are alot nicer then those here in the UK!

mayo on their french fries
I didnt know McDonalds did mayo? I put mayo on my normal chips, I have done since I was a kid, but McDonalds chips need that gorgeous tomato sauce of theirs :D

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 12:41 AM
OH MY GOD! YOU DONT HAVE DELI ROLLS IN AMERICA!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Shlup
01-08-2006, 12:42 AM
When I heard the thing with Europeans putting mayo in ketchup (a European said it on Oprah) I tried it and I was like "OH GODS!" 'cause mayo is delicious. I also put ketchup on my eggs. Or fish sauce.

is it an accurate link?
mcdonalds.com? Yes.

ZeZipster
01-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Mayo disgusts me to no end. It's like pure fat.

yuck I'm gonna stay out of this thread

edit: and for those of you who haven't watched Pulp Fiction:

Vincent: I know baby. You'd dig it the most. But you know what the funniest thing about Europe is?
Jules: What?
Vincent: It's the little differences. I mean they got the same /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif over there that they got here, but it's just - it's just there it's a little different.
Jules: Examples?
Vincent: Alright, well you can walk into a movie theater in Amsterdam and buy a beer. And I don't mean just like in no paper cup, I'm talking about a glass of beer. And in Paris, you can buy a beer at McDonald's. And you know what they call a, uh, a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Jules: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese?
Vincent: Nah, man, they got the metric system, they wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
Jules: What do they call it?
Vincent: They call it a "Royale with Cheese."
Jules: "Royale with Cheese."
Vincent: Thats right.
Jules: What do they call a Big Mac?
Vincent: A Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it "Le Big Mac."
Jules: "Le Big Mac." [laughs] What do they call a Whopper?
Vincent: I dunno, I didn't go into Burger King. But, you know what they put on french fries in Holland instead of ketchup?
Jules: What?
Vincent: Mayonnaise.
Jules: God damn!
Vincent: I seen 'em do it, man, they fuckin' drown 'em in that /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.
Jules: That's some fucked up /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

Shlup
01-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Mayo is made of egg.

Miriel
01-08-2006, 12:43 AM

From now on, you are a...a...well, I'll come up with a new species for you later.
Isn't ketchup on eggs a normal thing? I think Lindy's weird.

Lindy, you're weird.

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 12:44 AM
how can you live without zee deli rolls?

thus it being the only good sandwhich at maccas.

Lindy
01-08-2006, 12:46 AM
Isn't ketchup on eggs a normal thing? I think Lindy's weird.

Lindy, you're weird.
Brown sauce, freak.

Rye
01-08-2006, 12:47 AM

I didn't think ketchup on eggs was THAT weird. xD

Miriel
01-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Brown sauce, freak.
Ketchup is not brown, you heathen.

Shlup
01-08-2006, 12:49 AM
...Brown sauce? Gross. Ketchup on eggs is normal.

edczxcvbnm
01-08-2006, 12:52 AM
In America we dip our fries in sweet and sour sauce.

~SapphireStar~
01-08-2006, 12:52 AM
thus it being the only good sandwhich at maccas.
They calm on the ads that its made fresh in front of you, but its bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. My aunt ordered one and they just took one of the rail like they do with the burgers.
Why have a sandwich at a fast food resturant?! Thats what Subway and Greggs are for!

Shlup
01-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Don't be weird. :|

I like ketchup, mayo, BBQ sauce, or if I'm at Burger King I get, uh... crap, now I can't remember the name of it. It's like orange horseraddish.

DarkLadyNyara
01-08-2006, 12:55 AM

:thumb: Good stuff.

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 12:56 AM
yeah, Sometimes in rush periods we accidenttly make 1 or two more then usual.

but yeah, we do make them to order.

(remembers when he was burdened to make 14 orders of Bacon and egg roll at once).

Lindy
01-08-2006, 12:57 AM
Ketchup is not brown, you heathen.
Brown sauce is an entirely different thing! Made with vinegar and uhh...stuff, heck, I don't even know what's in it.

But the point is it makes more sense than ketchup!

Shlup
01-08-2006, 12:57 AM
Vinegar? Is it BBQ sauce then?

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Brown sauce is an entirely different thing! Made with vinegar and uhh...stuff, heck, I don't even know what's in it.

bbq sauce then?

Rye
01-08-2006, 01:00 AM

That sounds like BBQ sauce, like Shlup said. I couldn't picture that with eggs. But I'm probably wrong. xD

SoulTaker*
01-08-2006, 01:00 AM
Just you buddy just you.
On the subject of heart destroying food anybody tasted the triple whopper yet? And who's seen the documentary Super Size Me that documentary of the guy who ate Mcdonalds every day for a month?

Shlup
01-08-2006, 01:04 AM
I have Super Size Me on DVD. That's another subject entirely though.

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 01:05 AM
triple whopper....

we arent even allowed to make that grill where I work...

Lindy
01-08-2006, 01:06 AM
No, it's not BBQ sauce!

Gah, hang on...

http://www.brownsauce.org/?page_id=58

From the site, the ingredients :

Water
Vinegar
Dates
Glucose-Fructose
Black Strap Molasses
Tomato Paste
Modified Cornstarch
Salt
Orange Juice Concentrate
Onion
Spices
Tamarind Extract
Apple Juice Concentrate
Garlic
Chili Peppers
Mustard Flour

THERE! It's compared TO BBQ sauces, but it's NOT a BBQ sauce.

Rye
01-08-2006, 01:08 AM
At McDonalds I couldn't even dream having a triple whopper, even though their burgers are a bit on the small side (I get the regular single cheeseburger though), but Burger King has huge burgers, so a triple whopper there... I would never be able to eat that ever. I've had double cheeseburgers there a few times, and I feel sick after since it's too much.

A regular single cheeseburger and a order of small or medium fries is enough to full me up completely. :p

EDIT: And I think I know what that is! Tabasco sauce! Or something similar and less spicy? I get what you're talking about now, Lindy. I've seen people eat that with eggs, but very rarely.

Shlup
01-08-2006, 01:09 AM
You probably couldn't dream of having a tripple whopper at McDonald's because they serve them at Burger King. Oh snap!

SoulTaker*
01-08-2006, 01:09 AM
At McDonalds I couldn't even dream having a triple whopper, even though their burgers are a bit on the small side (I get the regular single cheeseburger though), but Burger King has huge burgers, so a triple whopper there. I would never be able to eat that ever.

A regular single cheeseburger and a order of small or medium fries is enough to full me up completely. :p

EDIT: And I think I know what that is! Tabasco sauce!
Light weight. :tongue:

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 01:11 AM
and heres a tip, dont have the toasties, there a waste of money, 2 slices of bread with a slice of cheddar and a slice of tomato.

Shlup
01-08-2006, 01:11 AM
That has a lot more ingredients than standard Tabasco.

WTF is a toastie? Grilled cheese sammich?

Rye
01-08-2006, 01:13 AM
I think the tabasco sauce = brown sauce thing is right, since I wikipedia'd Tabasco sauce, which is kinda weird but...

"Tabasco is the trademarked brand name for a hot pepper sauce that is a well-known table condiment. It is made from red peppers (Capsicum frutescens var. tabasco), vinegar, and salt, and aged in white oak barrels. There are many other kinds of "hot pepper sauce" on the market, most of them similar to Tabasco, but Tabasco is by far the most famous. Although it is produced in Louisiana, United States, it is named after the state of Tabasco in Mexico."

edczxcvbnm
01-08-2006, 01:13 AM
:thumb: Good stuff.

I...I think I love you:love:

SoulTaker*
01-08-2006, 01:16 AM
Hot/tabasco sauce is good, especially on chitlins. My friend once drank a bottle of it at a party I was at.

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 01:16 AM
Hot/tabasco sauce is good, especially on chitlins. My friend once drank a bottle of it at a party I was at.

is he dead now?

Shlup
01-08-2006, 01:18 AM
But Tabasco isn't brown. It's red.

My cousins used to pin me down and make me drink it.

Leeza
01-08-2006, 01:18 AM
Brown Sauce is stuff like A-1 and HP. It's your basic steak sauce.

SoulTaker*
01-08-2006, 01:19 AM
is he dead now?
You heard of people that can survive being shot by a canon, well this dude could down gun powder.

Rye

Oooh, that explains it. I always considered it to be BBQ sauce, though I suppose it's not.

A-1, yeah, it's that important.

Shlup
Steak sauce! I didn't even think of that. A1 goes on everything. BJ's brother puts it on bread.

Miriel
01-08-2006, 01:30 AM
A1 sauce does not go with eggs.

Yuck!

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 01:34 AM
well, Im content with what ive learned in this thread.

feel free to lock it now.

DarkLadyNyara
01-08-2006, 01:50 AM

Yuck!
I second that emotion.

Lindy
01-08-2006, 01:51 AM
You fail.

Fail fail fail.

And stop calling it A-1, it's HP, and it's not a steak sauce, it's an everything sauce.

Yamaneko
01-08-2006, 02:04 AM
I prefer Worcestershire sauce.

Shlup
01-08-2006, 02:21 AM
well, Im content with what ive learned in this thread.

feel free to lock it now.
You can't just lock it in the middle of our conversation!

Worcestershire sauce is good. Unless used as an embalming fluid. lol?

ZeZipster
01-08-2006, 02:55 AM
Oh, South Park where would we be without your guidance?

Shlup
01-08-2006, 03:43 AM
We would all be zombies, obviously.

Neco Arc
01-08-2006, 04:55 AM
I prefer tacos

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-08-2006, 03:44 PM
same:)

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 03:45 PM
same:)

your the worst condiment ever? 0_o?

Levian
01-08-2006, 04:20 PM
so what's up with putting gherkins on the burger? I always take that /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out.

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 04:40 PM
just ask for it without it.

once I had an order of 1 cheesburger add 19 pickels.

edit ...

Rye
01-08-2006, 04:41 PM
I love pickles, I'm sad when they don't put them on my burger. I dislike onion rings though, Wendy's always puts a lot of them on their burgers.

Levian
01-08-2006, 04:44 PM
just ask for it without it.

That would be too easy.

Rye
01-08-2006, 04:45 PM
That would be too easy.

You could sing about Shania Twain Cock whenver they give you them?

Levian
01-08-2006, 04:48 PM
You could sing about Shania Twain Cock whenver they give you them?

huh, that word isn't censored. :mog:

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 04:49 PM
I love pickles, I'm sad when they don't put them on my burger. I dislike onion rings though, Wendy's always puts a lot of them on their burgers.

im fine with 1 or two.

but come on... 19 pickels atop the normal 2, thats like.... 21 pickels.

with only cheese and meat pattie.... :eep:

Shoeberto
01-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Steak sauce! I didn't even think of that. A1 goes on everything. BJ's brother puts it on bread.
Man, I am so glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. A1 is the best sauce ever. I'd put A1 sauce in my A1 sauce if I could.

Madame Adequate
01-09-2006, 12:18 PM
I am an expert on the differences between McD's (And most fast food) in England and in America.

My conclusion is basically that it's the same, except the US gets better value for money (Big shock there, eh?), and there are bigger portions.

I really wish we had Hardee's over here though, they kick the crap out of BK and McD.

As to condiments: Mayo normally sucks, but it is awesomesauce (No pun intended) with a cheese, cucumber, and ham sammich. Brown sauce is a necessity if eating beef. Ketchup and/or catsup are the de facto accomopaniments. Ranch dressing has its moments as well.

crashNUMBERS
01-09-2006, 12:25 PM
It's okay. I just hate that they just get old burgers made before and just put it in the microwave. It was better when they actually made the burgers...

Dreddz
01-09-2006, 12:57 PM
I think the Mc D's in America have a few more Burgers than any where else. Kinda annoyed me when the Mc'ds in London served the Big Tasty, then stopped doing them. Was the only burger I really liked.

Shaun
01-09-2006, 01:40 PM
You're all making me want to just take a tenner into McDonald's and buy a few double cheeseburgers and some chicken nuggets.

Blarg.

IceT
01-09-2006, 10:52 PM
I generally dislike the big fastfood chains/companies or whatever you call them. It already starts with ordering your food: so much choices, what the hell is that good for? I couldn't imagine a hamburger with two burgers a few years ago. Now they reached even three burgers! Like how much burgers can a bread hold? And all these variations on types of burgers is so exorbitant you almost can't make up your mind. Hell, you can't even trust the people who work there as they could be serving you five-day old burgers without you knowing it, their thinking method is like this: if nobody buys that burger it will be lost profits so .... we serve it tomorrow.

When you finally made up your mind WHAT to eat, you can pay and sit down in an eating hall or something like that where they play music that makes you stop thinking and instead of thinking you're chewing your food like a brainless cow.

So, you have eaten and leave the 'business' and guess what: after an hour you're hungry again because the food they serve you doesn't really fill (well it does ... with calories).

Believe me, I wondered alot about those commercials "how would that x-burger-layered hamburger taste?" and when I actually got to taste it, it tasted like crap. Every time I see a commercial about fastfood I can throw up in an instant ... everytime a good time my ass. I'd rather buy fastfood from a very small franchise, they usually make everything fresh
and people are more social.

Now about that mayonaise, what is so icky about it? It's just made of eggs, mustard, and plant oil. It is fat yes, but it doesn't make you fat at all when used in normal quantities. You should try it once: put some of it on your fries (don't overdo it). I'm from Belgium, yes, it is the land of 'French Fries', people all over the world say french fries, just because
they think that people in Belgium speak French (only in southern Belgium: Wallonia or something like that) They were invented in northern Belgium by flemish people (talk dutch). And it's standard that we have mayonaise on our fries because it's yummie :D ShlupQuack rules!

Omg what a rant :eek:

ps: How is my english?

FutureEmperor
01-09-2006, 11:39 PM
in costa rica, you can get rice and beans at McD's

It still sucks, the only burger restruant that i eat at is harveys, and thats like once every two years...

Doomie
01-09-2006, 11:48 PM
Mayo is the best condiment to put with chicken burgers, and tastes decent with fries.

Xaven
01-10-2006, 12:04 AM
The only thing I eat from McDonalds are fries. :kaoplain:

Yuck!I second that emotion.
Third'ed. I don't know how all y'all like steak sauce so much. Eww. On the other hand, Soysauce = :<3:.

Madame Adequate
01-10-2006, 12:21 AM
I generally dislike the big fastfood chains/companies or whatever you call them. It already starts with ordering your food: so much choices, what the hell is that good for? I couldn't imagine a hamburger with two burgers a few years ago. Now they reached even three burgers! Like how much burgers can a bread hold? And all these variations on types of burgers is so exorbitant you almost can't make up your mind. Hell, you can't even trust the people who work there as they could be serving you five-day old burgers without you knowing it, their thinking method is like this: if nobody buys that burger it will be lost profits so .... we serve it tomorrow.

There's no reason to presume that you are getting out-of-date food (In fact there's plenty of reason to presume you're not. ie people aren't ill and dying.), therefore why presume it, except as a typical reactionary measure against big business?

Also, please do not ever criticise choice. There is no such thing as too much choice, even if it does mean you have to take awhile to make your mind up. I still don't think I get enough choice in 95% of things.

When you finally made up your mind WHAT to eat, you can pay and sit down in an eating hall or something like that where they play music that makes you stop thinking and instead of thinking you're chewing your food like a brainless cow.

Nice imagery, but entirely flawed, My conversations while eating in a fast food place are are the same caliber as those elsewhere. I can barely even think of anywhere that plays music, fast food-wise, so that tells you how pervasive it is.

So, you have eaten and leave the 'business' and guess what: after an hour you're hungry again because the food they serve you doesn't really fill (well it does ... with calories).

Now that's just an outright lie. A good burger and fries will fill me up as surely as any other meal will. Usually, in fact, it takes longer for me to get hungry after eating at BK's than at home, and we get pretty large meals at home.

Believe me, I wondered alot about those commercials "how would that x-burger-layered hamburger taste?" and when I actually got to taste it, it tasted like crap. Every time I see a commercial about fastfood I can throw up in an instant ... everytime a good time my ass. I'd rather buy fastfood from a very small franchise, they usually make everything fresh and people are more social.

Taste is a matter of personal preference.

I have had friendly and unfriendly people at both multinational corporations and at family-run corner shops.

ps: How is my english?

Good enough that I wondered why you asked at first. Certainly no notable mistakes.

DK
01-10-2006, 12:48 AM
I know this is late, but Jesus Christ. Tomato Ketchup on Eggs? and Brown Sauce as Steak Sauce? You people are fucked up.

Rye
01-10-2006, 12:49 AM
I know this is late, but Jesus Christ. Tomato Ketchup on Eggs? and Brown Sauce as Steak Sauce? You people are smurfed up.

Brown man lies! Ketchup on Eggs is GOOD.

DK
01-10-2006, 12:50 AM
stfu noob

ScottNUMBERS
01-10-2006, 12:55 AM
Americans and their brown sauce ignorance. lol

DK
01-10-2006, 12:56 AM
StfuNUMBERS

Lindy
01-10-2006, 04:02 AM
I know this is late, but Jesus Christ. Tomato Ketchup on Eggs? and Brown Sauce as Steak Sauce? You people are smurfed up.
luvluv

Rengori
01-10-2006, 04:05 AM
There's usually a line of moderately fat people waiting for the employees to stop screwing around behind the counter.

Reine
01-10-2006, 04:34 AM
wtf is A1 sauce?

Here in NZ its just called steak sauce, we have a damn bottle in the cupboard!

btw, sauce on eggs isnt that bad, although I generally just put garlic salt on mine

And Tsukasa, I know what you mean about the deli rolls, they are bloody damn good! And they DO get made to order, which is why I stopped getting them, I got sick of waiting ages for it to be made...I just get a Quarter Pounder and a drink, that usually fills me, I never manage to finish the fries..

SoulTaker*
01-10-2006, 04:38 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0005YX2QA.01-A2BF95SJ3X97HC.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
Its so good I've seen people lick it off complete strangers faces on commercials.

Markus. D
01-10-2006, 07:28 AM
And Tsukasa, I know what you mean about the deli rolls, they are bloody damn good! And they DO get made to order, which is why I stopped getting them, I got sick of waiting ages for it to be made...I just get a Quarter Pounder and a drink, that usually fills me, I never manage to finish the fries..

strangely... thats exactly the same thing I do on my meal breaks.

sept I get a frozen coke with the meal (includes normal coke).

loza
01-10-2006, 07:32 AM
topic^^

just wanna know the differances.

i don't no... but it's crap here in aus...

Breine
01-10-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm European and I guess the major difference between Danish McDonald'ss and the American ones are that the ones in the US have more on their menus. There's a lot more to choose from. Also, in Europe the menus also tend to be different. I've been to a McDonald's in Germany, The Chezch (how is that spelled?) Republic, Spain, Italy, Denmark (doh), England, France, Turkey, Greece and so on... and the menus are very different. Plus, all Europeans don't use mayo with their fries... that's just gross.

IceT
01-10-2006, 08:32 PM
There's no reason to presume that you are getting out-of-date food (In fact there's plenty of reason to presume you're not. ie people aren't ill and dying.), therefore why presume it, except as a typical reactionary measure against big business?

Okay, let's take Burger King. You order something in front and they pass on the order to the back, the people in the back give the Burger which is consealed in a cardboard box to the guys in the front to warm it up. That is not very reliable as a consumer: the burger has been pre-made and could have been lying back on a stack for two days or even longer.
People aren't ill and dying ... do you know how much biological and chemical products they add to the food just to conserve it longer? It can indirectly cause illness or failures to the immune system.

Also, please do not ever criticise choice. There is no such thing as too much choice, even if it does mean you have to take awhile to make your mind up. I still don't think I get enough choice in 95% of things.

95% of things. Fasfood related or in general life? Hmm lets see, I spot a delicious hamburger, such a shame that I don't like the pickles ... ah yes! I ask the man at the counter to leave the pickles out, damn no can do, they have already been premade ... :(
I'm really pro-choose what you want on the burger instead of choosing premade burgers.

Nice imagery, but entirely flawed, My conversations while eating in a fast food place are are the same caliber as those elsewhere. I can barely even think of anywhere that plays music, fast food-wise, so that tells you how pervasive it is.

Flawed indeed, it can be pleasant there if you bring your whole family to eat. I judged too fast on that part.

Now that's just an outright lie. A good burger and fries will fill me up as surely as any other meal will. Usually, in fact, it takes longer for me to get hungry after eating at BK's than at home, and we get pretty large meals at home.

Maybe you're right maybe you're not. After all, it's an opinion. But BK, MacD, ... has always given me the impression as if I have never eaten there at all.

I have had friendly and unfriendly people at both multinational corporations and at family-run corner shops.

I find people to be more social at smaller franchises; we once went to a
hamburger shop and while we were waiting, the father gave us a free coke and hat a chat with us while his son was making the meal. I bet you've never seen that happen at a big business.

Good enough that I wondered why you asked at first. Certainly no notable mistakes.

Thanks that means a lot to me. :)

Lost Number
01-10-2006, 08:51 PM
So long as its better than the german ones.

rubah
01-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Okay, let's take Burger King. You order something in front and they pass on the order to the back, the people in the back give the Burger which is consealed in a cardboard box to the guys in the front to warm it up. That is not very reliable as a consumer: the burger has been pre-made and could have been lying back on a stack for two days or even longer.
People aren't ill and dying ... do you know how much biological and chemical products they add to the food just to conserve it longer? It can indirectly cause illness or failures to the immune system.

Burger King employees are under regulations to dump food that's been out for an hour or more.

I'm not sure that all of them do, but I do like to think my sister and those she managed did while she worked there.

Hawkeye
01-10-2006, 10:52 PM
Royale with cheese