PDA

View Full Version : Against Tidus

Lord_BeTzE
01-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Sorry, but I hate this character. He's annoying, silly and fool. I like his story, but not his personality. I think he's ignorant, and he seems a inmature child... I can't stand playing with him. I like FFX because he can be replaced by another character.

Give me a reason why he have to stay in FF (not physical reasons)

SoulTaker*
01-08-2006, 12:25 AM
Yeah, we've been through this already, not many people like him, but amazingly their is actually is a tidus fan club on this forum.

SummonerYuna
01-08-2006, 12:32 AM
I don't like him.(not hate but don't like him) He can be useful at times.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-08-2006, 12:35 AM
I like him alot but i can understand why you hate him.
I have gotten past some frustrations but yeah hes cool :cool:

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Sorry, but I hate this character. He's annoying, silly and fool. I like his story, but not his personality. I think he's ignorant, and he seems a inmature child... I can't stand playing with him. I like FFX because he can be replaced by another character.

Give me a reason why he have to stay in FF (not physical reasons)

I agree, Shuyin is tolerable.

Tidus is a sudden master swordsman, I did not like that.

oh oh oh, and his voice pisses me off.

mega_tonberry
01-08-2006, 01:14 AM
I was in the Lulu fanclub when we were having that war with the Tidus fanclub and I began to hate Tidus alot more than I already did (which was already alot). He's just an immature teenagager that cries at every single thing.

blackmage_nuke
01-08-2006, 05:05 AM
its just a patern with video games, the second main character is always cooler than the main charachter :)

(i hate typing out characheter)

Slade
01-08-2006, 05:33 AM
I like his personality, I just hate his voice. That guy has done some great voices over his voice acting career......Tidus is not one of them :cry:

Christmas
01-08-2006, 05:56 AM
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7449/ff10tidus33co.jpg
:cry:

4evarisha
01-08-2006, 07:11 AM
4evatidus i love him he is so cool.

mega_tonberry
01-08-2006, 07:26 AM
That guy has done some great voices over his voice acting career
WHAT?:confused: Didn't he do a voice for sailor moon or some show like that?

Soul of Tarsis
01-08-2006, 07:43 AM
Tidus is far and away the best protagonist in the series, besides possibly Zidane. Why people hate him so is beyond me…

boys from the dwarf
01-08-2006, 08:02 AM
tidus is definetly the wirst character in FF10 but he just about fits in . i can put up without getting annoyed and he has a few good moments but not enough.

Slade
01-09-2006, 05:28 AM
WHAT?:confused: Didn't he do a voice for sailor moon or some show like that?
Maybe, but Sailor Moon is a great anime and I never hated any of the chracters voices, not even Sailor Moon. Two great voices the Tidus guy did that I can remember off the top of my head are Obi Wan Kenobi from the 'Star Wars: Clone Wars' and the detective guy from 'A detective Story' from the Animatrix. He did these well.

mega_tonberry
01-09-2006, 05:35 AM
Well, i will admit he did a good job with the voice from the animatrix.:mad:

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
01-10-2006, 01:35 AM
i like tidus as a playable character but in all of the FMV's and times when you hear him he seems very lame... he has too high of a voice and looks good... too good...

ffxfreak93
01-10-2006, 06:18 AM
I like him alot but i can understand why you hate him.
I have gotten past some frustrations but yeah hes cool :cool:

don't you mean obsessed with him?:tongue:

and yes that little bitch should be murdered

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
01-10-2006, 12:11 PM
i don't think he's too bad to be honest. sure there are a few tweaks needed but all in all he fits the bill.

he is close to being the best protagonist though, that was squall

Psydekick
01-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Yeah Tidus is annoying, Auron is the bomb!:)

ffxfreak93
01-10-2006, 06:33 PM
auron fricking rocks!!!

die tidus!!!!die!!!

Psydekick
01-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah and Seymour should have yuna so much more than tidus!!!

Mythra
01-10-2006, 11:46 PM
The voice actor of Tidus is also that same guy that does the voice of Ratchet in the Ratchet and Clank series if I'm not mistaken

mega_tonberry
01-11-2006, 12:06 AM
The voice actor of Tidus is also that same guy that does the voice of Ratchet in the Ratchet and Clank series if I'm not mistaken
Yep. Atleast the second and third one. Fine. James arnold taylor does good voice acting but Tidus still sux.

Renmiri
01-11-2006, 03:51 AM
Tidus is far and away the best protagonist in the series, besides possibly Zidane. Why people hate him so is beyond me…
Don't know about other FF games but Tidus certainly is the best RPG protagonist I've played with!

And I loved the English voice they gave him! It conveyed the right amount of emotion for a confused lost 18 year old who has just been thrown 1,000 years away from everything he knows!

Psydekick
01-11-2006, 04:13 PM
He just sucks big time in my op:)

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-11-2006, 04:28 PM
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7449/ff10tidus33co.jpg
:cry:
christmas, u've already been warned by leeza to stop using pics for posts.

FinalCetra
01-17-2006, 12:59 AM
I may offend alot of people here, but I hate it how so many hate tidus? So what if he is a bit emotional, we all are at times. Except for his suddenly being a great swordsman, he was very humanlike, very real. Unlike other FF chars in previouse games, he didn't seem so artificial. I liked Tidus, and I will always jump to his defence in the face of any who hate him. Tidus was a great character, and one was able to watch him grow through the storyline. People just don't give Tidus a chance, and I don't understand why!

Slade
01-17-2006, 03:33 AM
Unlike other FF chars in previouse games, he didn't seem so artificial.
Squall wasn't artificial either. The proof is in how many people say they relate to him. Literally hundreds. Heck, at one time in my life I was like him, still am sometimes, depends on the situation. I didn't find Zidane artificial either. He was a player that liked to help people.....its kind of a weird combo but it is still a believable one.
As I stated earlier, I liked Tidus, it's just his voice that gets on my nerves
:)

Renmiri
01-17-2006, 03:40 AM
I may offend alot of people here, but I hate it how so many hate tidus? ...Tidus was a great character, and one was able to watch him grow through the storyline. People just don't give Tidus a chance, and I don't understand why!
They are jealous! :love:

Fine. James Arnold Taylor does good voice acting but Tidus still sux.
The Japanese voice actor had the same high, shrill whiny voice at the beginning, getting more "manly" at the end. Taylor had no choice but to follow his lead, as it was the way SE wanted..

I think the voice changing symbolises Tidus getting more mature..

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-17-2006, 03:58 AM
i agree. i just think his voice was crappy because they wanted to follow what the japanese did for him. as u can tell in the game, his voice sounds more confident later on.

Red Squall
01-17-2006, 05:06 AM
Tidus was there to represent the person playing. you start of as a novice playing the game just like Tidus is new to spira and as you go through the game and become better Tidus becomes more confident. I think he was a great character. But i would agree he dosent beat the likes of Squall Cloud and others.

for me Seymour was the annoying character in FFX he has to be one of the worst evil characters in FF, but thats my opinon

FinalCetra
01-17-2006, 08:19 AM
They are jealous!

lol, perhaps they are :D

Squall wasn't artificial either. The proof is in how many people say they relate to him. Literally hundreds. Heck, at one time in my life I was like him, still am sometimes, depends on the situation. I didn't find Zidane artificial either. He was a player that liked to help people.....its kind of a weird combo but it is still a believable one.
As I stated earlier, I liked Tidus, it's just his voice that gets on my nerves

I wasn't referring to squall, I was reffering to characters like...and again, I may peeve some people off...Barret from FFVII or Armarant from FFIX. Don't get me wrong, I like Baret and all, but...He just seems a bit inhuman at times. As for Armarant, I just don't like him. He sucks as a playable character, and you don't get to know him well enough in game.