PDA

View Full Version : So how did you FOUND OUT about FINAL FANTASY?

X7xSephirothx7X
01-08-2006, 12:51 AM
I would have to thank FF7 for getting me into FF games. :)

Leeza
01-08-2006, 12:53 AM
*moves to General FF*

I was looking around for a new game and I liked the box for FF1 so I bought it and it's still the best FF yet. :cat:

Venom
01-08-2006, 01:04 AM
FFX

vivi knight
01-08-2006, 01:14 AM
eerrmm my bros frend had ff7 on spanish:eep: so my bro played it and liked it a year later i staded to play to:greenie: :D :rolleyes2 :p

ljkkjlcm9
01-08-2006, 04:39 AM
uhm my mom bought FF1 for the NES, and my family played it together. I was young but enjoyed it muchos. My mom sorta guided me and my three brothers. They looked at enemy info on the charts and stuff, I couldn't read yet. But I did know enough to hit the button to attack, so often I'd control battles and they'd do the rest. Ah, back in the day.

THE JACKEL

Tempest
01-08-2006, 04:46 AM
My dad had a NES so he bought FF1 and I played it and liked it.

blackmage_nuke
01-08-2006, 05:09 AM
I was going out to rent games and my bro said get a game called final fantasy cuz his friend recomeneded it. my bro didnt like it so much (he thought it was okay), but i loved it, and hence etc.etc (it was final fantasy VIII)

Ryth
01-08-2006, 05:25 AM
My cousin introduced it to me by letting me play his copy of FFIX.

Vyk
01-08-2006, 05:31 AM
FF1 - NES. I was there.

Awesomeman
01-08-2006, 05:42 AM
I first got into it with IX and started to love it when I got X

Slade
01-08-2006, 05:53 AM
Borrowed VIII off a friend. Loved it like a brother, bought my own copy. Loved FF ever since.

Reles
01-08-2006, 08:07 AM
I always watched my brother play it when I was wee little. Then he gave me his copy of FF6 on SNES.

Rengori
01-08-2006, 08:19 AM
I was out at recess in 4th grade, and I saw some kids running around pretending to kill Sephiroth. Or Tidus, I can't remember. I asked what they were doing, and they said they were pretending to play Fianl Fantasy. I then asked my mom to get FFIX, but she got FFVII instead. They both rock. :cool:

Mo-Nercy
01-08-2006, 10:47 AM
A friend of mine got me into it. I went over to his place and he was playing FF7. I remember thinking this is an awesome game, I'm gonna get it. And I did.

Mirage
01-08-2006, 11:12 AM
I downloaded a SNES emulator back in 99 or so, and then started playing FF5, followed by FF6.

Christmas
01-08-2006, 12:21 PM
I downloaded a SNES emulator back in 99 or so, and then started playing FF6, followed by FF5.

six underground
01-08-2006, 01:45 PM
ff7 got me hooked :x

Mythra
01-08-2006, 03:37 PM
My uncle had FFVII so I (after hearing about it constantly from friends at school) tried it out and instantly liked it. Even though VII was the first one I bought, VIII was the first one I finished. At the time, i just could never get past that damned materia keeper.

Dreddz
01-08-2006, 04:23 PM
My Nanny ages ago had a copy of FFVI ( she had an NTSC SNES )
I used to play it from time to time, That was my first FF experience. Got into it years later when my bro got FFVII, I was going through all his games ( I was playing RE the most ), and then started a new game save on FFVII, I was dipping in and out of it at first, But the further I got into it, the longer I played. Then I just couldnt put it down, some years later, I got FFVIII, then Years after that, FFIX. And so my love carried on.

~SapphireStar~
01-08-2006, 07:51 PM
The latest FF out at the time was FF8 and I seen it in a computer game mag. The day before I was due to spend my summer in Ireland I found it in a cheap game shop near my nanas for £15! So I asked if I could take my PS1 and that game with me and my nana agreed :D Thats how it started ...

RaidenWeb17
01-09-2006, 12:43 AM
I walked to my neighbors and rang his doorbell, when he didnt come to the door, I threw a rock at his window and he stuck his head out the window and said he had been playing this game for three days straight. I went up to his room and he was playing FF9. I just sat and watched him then borrowed it when he beat it. Then bought my own copy off ebay.

xtreme112
01-10-2006, 12:56 AM
My brother bought FFVII on a reccomendation of a friend of his, I used to play his file every once in a while, then fell in love with it. (It was actually the 3rd game we got for our PS) so once FFVIII came out I got it! and the cycle continued. The greatest thing was we used to collect a magazine series that flaunted over every new FF that came out, which also inspired me to get the games

childroland
01-11-2006, 11:45 PM
I fond out about it when I was like two becase my dad was a FF fan since the first one came out.

MoonsEcho
01-11-2006, 11:54 PM
I got a NES for my 5th or 6th birthday and my dad bought FF1. I started out watching him play. Eventually we both got into it and I've loved the series ever since.

Darkone311
01-12-2006, 12:13 AM
hmmmmm I went and played FF IV on a friends SNES(2 at the time)
yeah me and him played it tons.... the 8 and 7 from there non stop:mog:

lionhearted
01-12-2006, 10:01 AM
I got a demo disk of FF8 from my mum's friend - she lent me the actual game once I turned up at her door with a sweet smile and puppy dog eyes! :D Played her FF8 for over 6 months before I gave it back! Then got my own one, then FF9, FF7, FFX, FF6, FFX-2.......

Hmm - birthday coming up - may just get the rest of the series... :D :D :D

Little Blue
01-12-2006, 09:14 PM
I got IX for my birthday a few years ago, and it sat on my shelf for about six months before I began to play it, then I was hooked

Lost Number
01-12-2006, 09:22 PM
I played 7 at a friends. Got hooked.

starseeker
01-13-2006, 08:51 PM
I actually started on X-2 after my sis saw an ad in a magasine. Then I borrowed X off a mate and got hooked. I now realise how great the classics were (VI rocks)

raskerino
01-13-2006, 09:14 PM
My English cousin was playing FFVII and FFVIII (both replays for him). He was a little before Aeris' death on FFVII (I didn't see it so it didn't spoil anything) and he was ending disk 1 in FFVIII though I did see the ending for that. I loved the look of both and when I got home decided to buy one. With a choice between them I picked FFVIII as I had liked the look of it more. That was my first FF, followed by FFVII, FFIX, FFX, FFT, FFX-2, FFI and I have FFII, FFIV, FFV, FFVI now but haven't completed them.

Edit: This also got me into rpgs.

Winter Nights
01-13-2006, 10:52 PM
My uncle had FF1 for NES. I liked it, but never had a chance to play it much. Then, someone gave me FF Legends 3 for Gameboy and I HATED that. Then years later, I saw a commercial for FFVII. I originally dismissed it, due to not knowing much about the series accept that FF Legends 3 suck. Wasn't aware at the time that The Legends weren't even really part of the same series. However, a bunch a people were getting all excited about it, so I decided to check it out. I liked it. then played FF8, when it came out. LOVED that. And the rest is history.

Cruise Control
01-13-2006, 11:20 PM
A guy at gamestop reccomended it to my parents for my b-day.

Red Squall
01-16-2006, 02:43 PM
my friend told me about this game called final fantasy VII and how good it was even though he couldnt complete it. a few months later i saw this final fantasy game in the shop on sale so i Decided to buy it. When i got home i actually realised i had bought FF VIII not VII but i played it got hooked and soon bought VII and then all my friends were coming to me for help and they had already had the game for ages.

Carmilla
01-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Some kid in my class, back in 1990, was reading the manuals for Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy. The pictures of the swords and armors made me think 'cool.'

I then made my mom order me a subscription of Nintendo Power, which was giving away free Dragon Warrior games with paid subscriptions, and made her buy me Final Fantasy too.

The rest is history...:mog:

Sanji
01-17-2006, 01:14 PM
my friend told me about the FFVII I get excited but I 1st played FFVIII and the then I become a FFF (Final fantasy fanatic XD)

Zante
01-17-2006, 04:23 PM
By accident actualy. I was talking to my friend about a demo of a game I liked, so he wanted to get it for my b-day, but by mistake he got me FFVIII instead.

Fatal Impurity
01-17-2006, 04:37 PM
well for me it was when i was 6 yrs old and my uncle got my mum a brand new (imported from america) gameboy, it came with the original ff: legends....which when i finally got to play it (when i was bout 9 or 10) it kicked ass! then a few years later i heard a big commotion about ff7 and i thought "hey aint that the game on the gameboy" so i bought it and have never regretted it....

Miriel
01-17-2006, 06:30 PM
My brother played Final Fantasy when we were younger and when he was finished with the games, he just passed them along to me.