PDA

View Full Version : So, do you talk to yourself?

NeoCracker
01-08-2006, 06:31 AM
I find this fills my free time, though people think its weird when you start to respond to yourself, once in a while its a little awkward when you find out some one is listening to this conversation.

However, I have topped even responding to yourself. One night I was talking to myself and there was an awkward silence, I couldn't help but think i should say something but i couldn't think of anything to say. Have any of you ever had such experiences.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-08-2006, 06:33 AM
Yes, I do talk to myself...

kikimm
01-08-2006, 06:34 AM
I don't really mean to be rude or anything, but yeah, I think it's a little weird. ;P The only time I'll ever say something "to myself" is cursing if I bump into something, or stub my toe, etc.

Jebus
01-08-2006, 06:37 AM
I argue with myself out loud all the time.

Hell, I've had actual conversations with myself.

NeoCracker
01-08-2006, 06:40 AM
It gets worse, Once i was argueing with myself and It came to a draw.

Ciretho
01-08-2006, 06:48 AM
I talk to just about everything. Myself, my TV, my chair. Anything! I do talk to myself an awful lot, and argue, and pay myself out. But I believe there is nothing wrong with it. I always talk about something I'm interesting in and my taunts can encourage me to do something I don't want to do but should.

Shlup
01-08-2006, 06:50 AM
No, I don't talk to myself. I do talk to innanimate objects, but I don't think that's abnormal.

escobert
01-08-2006, 06:52 AM
Talkign to yourself is supposed to be a sign of intelligence. I talked to myself in my head non stop. ANd I sometimes willl talk to myself outloud but, not often.

Shoeberto
01-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Talkign to yourself is supposed to be a sign of intelligence. I talked to myself in my head non stop. ANd I sometimes willl talk to myself outloud but, not often.
Oh, well, I think everyone does it in there head. I never shut up to myself up there. I just never talk to myself out loud. The closest I come is if I'm reading a text book or something, and can't get myself to comprehend a sentence or something, so I'll read it out loud to myself. Dunno that it counts.

Talking to yourself out loud is kinda weird, but I think when you talk to yourself in your head, but make all of the physical gestures like you're talking to someone out loud, is weirder. I'm really self-coscious about doing that, because I know someone who does it all the time xD

Reles
01-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Yeah I do that sometimes. Especially when shopping and deciding what to get. ^.^

nik0tine
01-08-2006, 07:20 AM
No, but in my head I talk about myself as if I were someone else.

Rase
01-08-2006, 07:23 AM
If no one else's around, sure.

Samuraid
01-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Yes, I'm far more auditory than visual so I talk out loud while working all the time, especially when programming or writing something.

Primus Inter Pares
01-08-2006, 07:30 AM
Only way that I could get anything even close to an intelligent conversation when I lived in Australia.

Rengori
01-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Oh, well, I think everyone does it in there head. I never shut up to myself up there. I just never talk to myself out loud.
Hsu summed it up right there.

ScottNUMBERS
01-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Who else is there to talk to? othere poeple?...lololololol!

blackmage_nuke
01-08-2006, 11:27 AM
I talk to myself and i find it weird that i sometimes yell at myself and tell myself to shut up but then i realise im still doing it...

a nirvana fan
01-08-2006, 11:31 AM
No I don't talk to myself.;)

Neco Arc
01-08-2006, 11:39 AM
"my precioussssss...."

NeoCracker
01-08-2006, 11:57 AM
Who else is there to talk to? othere poeple?...lololololol!
Other people are for squares, me and EOFF are all i need, (PEts computer)

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 12:10 PM
I errr... shout at others.

Captain Maxx Power
01-08-2006, 12:12 PM
I always talk to myself. It's the only way I can be sure of decent conversation.

Little Miss Awesome
01-08-2006, 12:13 PM
I talk to myself very, very rarely, only when I'm under a lot of stress, and even then, I'm not prone to having complete conversations to myself :p

~SapphireStar~
01-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah I do that sometimes. Especially when shopping and deciding what to get. ^.^
Same here :D

Mo-Nercy
01-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Only ever when I do stupid stuff.

"God Pete, that was lame"
"Damn it Pete, what the hell was that?"

etc.

Captain VooDoo
01-08-2006, 02:05 PM
I talk to myself all the time. i have a voice in my head i talk to ,but its a mean voice and i argue with it sometimes, it always insults me, but somehow were friends.

Rye
01-08-2006, 02:05 PM
My brother does, but I don't really. Sometimes I'll make a comment to myself, but I never really TALK to myself. I sing to myself a lot though.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
01-08-2006, 02:10 PM
I've always talked to myself... I think everyone does to an extent.... but I'm the only one who I can have a decent conversation with..sounds wierd right....? hehe...

Discord
01-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Erm... no. I only sing or hum to myself. Sometimes I curse to myself, but that's nothing special, e.g. saying bloody hell though noone but me hears it. That's different though.

Lisa Marie
01-08-2006, 02:34 PM
I talk to myself sometimes, but I don't answer myself. lol. My parents hate it when I do that.

Venom
01-08-2006, 02:47 PM
I dont talk to myself, I never have anything good to say.

Shaun
01-08-2006, 02:50 PM
I sometimes talk to myself, but it's usually when I've done something wrong. For example, if I just said something really wrong to someone by mistake, on the phone or possibly online, I might murmur "Goddammit. You've done it again, brain," followed by slamming my fist on the desk or punching the wall. =D But that's only if I make a big mistake.

Otherwise, I don't talk to myself too much.

Zeldy
01-08-2006, 02:54 PM
I always have this feeling Im being watched so I tend to talk to people who are watching me. Its really hard to explain. I don't imagine them to be real or anything of that sort.. I just.. talk to them? Im just wierd :3

fire_of_avalon
01-08-2006, 02:57 PM
I mutter to myself a lot.

Rusty
01-08-2006, 03:08 PM
I don't have actual conversations with myself. But I do make comments to myself out loud like 'I like that top' etc. I don't find it weird if other people talk to themselves. Arguing with yourself is just funny. If you catch yourself doing it.

Faris
01-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Yes, even when people are around, but msn won't let me talk to myself! :cry:

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-08-2006, 04:48 PM
I always have this feeling Im being watched so I tend to talk to people who are watching me. Its really hard to explain. I don't imagine them to be real or anything of that sort.. I just.. talk to them? Im just weird :3

Good i thought i was the only one *sighs*

Suikojowy
01-08-2006, 06:06 PM
I used to talk to myself a few years ago but I seem to have cut down now.

KentaRawr!
01-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Of course! Here is our latest conversation:

"Super Smash Bros. Rocks! Dude, no it doesn't. Uh, yeah it does. Why are we fighting like this man? I LOVE YOU MAN! I LOVE YOU TOO MAN! BEAR HUG!"

Jokes aside, I don't really talk to myself. I pace, but I don't talk to myself. o_o

Edit: Hey! I do that, too, Zeldy! o_O

tifa:one winged angel
01-08-2006, 07:50 PM
sometimes....

Xaven
01-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Yes. All the time.

I also speak to inanimate objects as well. A lot of times, its just "Stay there!" when I put something down. I tend to freak out at random things and yell at them if they make me mad.

I always have this feeling Im being watched so I tend to talk to people who are watching me. Its really hard to explain. I don't imagine them to be real or anything of that sort.. I just.. talk to them? Im just weird :3
Yup. I talk to the ghost and demons in my house at night too. I tell them to go away. :kaoplain: Whenever they start talking to me, I yell "Shut up!" but usually my vocal chords are too stressed to make a sound.

Odaisé Gaelach
01-09-2006, 03:20 AM
Of course. But it can sometimes be a hassle when all three of me gets involved in a conversation and can't tell who called who a smurfing jackass...

Giga Guess
01-09-2006, 03:47 AM
Oh yeah. Probably more than is healthy.

Rengori
01-09-2006, 03:49 AM
Of course. But it can sometimes be a hassle when all three of me gets involved in a conversation and can't tell who called who a smurfing jackass...
This happened between my three political selves trying to see who was the best canidate (Bush, Kerry, or Nader).

Quina
01-09-2006, 03:51 AM
Frequently.

Slade
01-09-2006, 03:53 AM
I talk to myself most of the time. Just making sure i'm still there :D
I basically talk to myself about ideas for comics books I happen to be writing at the time and artwork i'm doing. I guess I just have a thing for intellegent conversation :D

Rengori
01-09-2006, 03:55 AM
I talk to myself most of the time. Just making sure i'm still there :D
I basically talk to myself about ideas for comics books I happen to be writing at the time and artwork i'm doing. I guess I just have a thing for intellegent conversation :D
Yah, critisizing your own artwork is fun from time to time. Until you call yourself a fucking retard with a pencil.

Yuffie514
01-10-2006, 12:21 AM
i have always talked to myself. i believe some people do it in a way. well, why would it be crazy if a higher being is always listening, xD?

Madame Adequate
01-10-2006, 12:25 AM

Wow, really? Never heard that before, but I must be even smarter than I thought.

Anyway, let's say I'm trying to decide what to do about a situation. I'll voice one possible course of action aloud, then I'll think one, then another aloud, and so on until they're exhausted. I have whole dialogues between my mouth and my head :D

Also, if I'm making a plan, I'll talk to myself about it. Eg: "Ok, just three more Plainstrider Beaks, and then down to Ratchet to sort out the business with Chen's Empty Keg, and then I'll hearth back to Crossroads and turn in the quests, then up to the Dry Hills for the harpies." Very commonplace.

And I tend to talk if I get frustrated or something, though that can get very whiny =P

Edit:

I also speak to inanimate objects as well. A lot of times, its just "Stay there!" when I put something down. I tend to freak out at random things and yell at them if they make me mad.

Oh, yeah, I do that too. I've gone off on inanimate things before when they've annoyed me. For example, if I set something down and it rolls off the table, sometimes I yell at it.

Twisted Tinkerbell
01-10-2006, 12:33 AM
I talk to myself. Especially when I'm angry.

FutureEmperor
01-10-2006, 12:47 AM
I talk to my self all the time, i talk to inatimate objects, i talk to pretty much anything or anyone, BUT i also listen, i dont like mindless jibba-jabba, it also depends because sometimes i have wild conversations with myself completely by thinking... no acctual speech.

i find it keeps me sane. It helps me identify with issues in the world today, and arguements with yourself can acctually strengthen your debate