PDA

View Full Version : NO!

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 11:02 AM
im beggining to catch the WoW virus.

its like every time I log off I regret not being on there.

its making work a hell of alot longer.

just thinking of that sexy little place I like to call Darkshore.

a nirvana fan
01-08-2006, 11:29 AM
What is WoW?

Soul of Tarsis
01-08-2006, 11:33 AM
World of Warcraft.

Um....seek help?

Neco Arc
01-08-2006, 11:34 AM
What is WoW?

(wou) Informal
interj.
Used to express wonder, amazement, or great pleasure.

Captain Maxx Power
01-08-2006, 12:31 PM

Trust me, eventually you'll be regretting everytime you're log ON.

NeoCracker
01-08-2006, 01:20 PM
im beggining to catch the WoW virus.

its making work a hell of alot longer.

just thinking of that sexy little place I like to call Darkshore.

I'm sorry

Lindy
01-08-2006, 01:44 PM
...You're addicted to DARKSHORE?

That place sucks.

I'd understand if it was, I dunno, Blackrock Mountain, but DARKSHORE?

Suikojowy
01-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Darkshore is depressing =(

Lindy
01-08-2006, 02:11 PM
The Barrens is worse.

Goddamn, it's HUEG and bland.

Mo-Nercy
01-08-2006, 02:33 PM
What is WoW?
It's good that you don't know.

The less you know, the less chance of you getting sucked into it.

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 02:36 PM
...You're addicted to DARKSHORE?

That place sucks.

I'd understand if it was, I dunno, Blackrock Mountain, but DARKSHORE?

Im swimming.

and im a newbie still :P

just finished the level 10 warrior mission.

that was the first good quest....

Jebus
01-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Pfft. Night Elf.

Horde ftw.

Lindy
01-08-2006, 03:11 PM
lawl, it's funny, I play both, and everyone on the Alliance is "lol hord sux amirite?" and everyone on the Horde is "lol allianc sux amirite?".

Never do people band together better than when they think the opposing side is stupid morons.

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Sux with alliance - Human Race and Gnomes.

Sux with Horde - Nada.

Horde thinks alliance has - To many n00b Night Elf (trust me, its the humes who fill up everything).

Alliance thinks horde has - sucky races and that they all suck.

Nik thinks alliance - is awesome in most parts, but has some real cruddy communnity when in the hume side of things.

Nik thinks horde - thinks the alliance is racist, only the human people are :p (youd wonder if I like that race), has the best Warlock Race.

Lindy
01-08-2006, 03:41 PM
I like the Alliance because it has Night Elves, and the Horde because it has Trolls.

Trolls are win.

And if you like lore, you'd know that Night Elves evolved from Trolls after coming into contact with the Well of Eternity.

Markus. D
01-08-2006, 03:42 PM
ack! im thinking of it now -_-"

~SapphireStar~
01-08-2006, 06:47 PM
What is WoW?
First Lunar, now this? Im surprised your still here!

I like the Alliance because it has Night Elves
Oh yes! Night Elves are sexy, Im currently a lvl 48 night elf hunter. The Blood Elves do look amazing though.

Darkshore is depressing =(
I agree, Im glad Ive gotten past the lvl for that area, the music and surrondings are just so dull.

Suikojowy
01-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Undead forever ^_^. UD Priest.

Screw being pretty (human and ne), I want maggot hair and torn flesh.

crashNUMBERS
01-08-2006, 07:38 PM
WoW virus?

~SapphireStar~
01-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Right for some strange reason, my pets been acting funny. I was in Uldman and I was agaisnt a wall waiting for the signal to attack. My pet was on passive, so it wouldnt attack anything without my say so. So I pressed "follow", so my pet would be next to me. Instead of runnin and standing next to ne, it does a full sweep of the room, right in front of the enermies and next to me! It did it 3 times today and has neevr done it before. And I never touched the "attack" button, so any ideas?

KentaRawr!
01-09-2006, 05:46 AM
Just be glad you don't have the FFXI virus. It wouldn't only suck you in, but also infuriate you. :p

Markus. D
01-09-2006, 08:40 AM
:O

I have that aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lionx
01-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Be hardcore and run FFXI on the PS2, while playing Guild Wars on your desktop, and then playing WoW on laptop all at the same time doing something important D:. Then you can be l33t.

SummonerYuna
01-09-2006, 03:23 PM
How confusing....

Suikojowy
01-09-2006, 07:17 PM
May I also add that the male undead dance pwns every other dance COMBINED.

Lindy
01-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Headbanging is fail.

As is having no EYES.

Suikojowy
01-09-2006, 07:42 PM
No eyes + Maggot hair + headbanging = win

My logic is flawless. Arguing against it will make me cry and whine about it to my fellow undead. ;_;

Lindy
01-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Yeah, you go do that.

Linkin Park should be the theme music for Undercity, you angsty undead.

Suikojowy
01-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Whatever man. You just like, don't understand me. You have no idea of the pain I have been through, i'm so forsaken.

I always thought Undead would be more heavy metal myself though. Not that it would exist in the WoW O_o

Lindy
01-09-2006, 07:54 PM
I've seen at least five Undead Rogues called "Crawling".

Case closed.

Suikojowy
01-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Whiny emo undeads :rolleyes2.

I'd still take any horde race over any alliance race any day though. Undead just happens to be my favourite, and I absolutely can't stand Night Elves.

Markus. D
01-09-2006, 10:56 PM
yeah because there so awesome.

Craig
01-09-2006, 11:42 PM
I got bored of that game after a few weeks. I found Darkshore fun though.

Madame Adequate
01-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Yeah, I'm there right now. I'm levelling like crazy on Balnazzar to get high up enough to see end-game stuff (Because I've got the worst case of Altoholism ever =/). I played for like 6 hours today, took an hour break, and then played for another 4.

Yeah, I'm sad. Ohwell, I'm happy. xD Barrens is lovely, Lindy, the problem is the size.

PS Darkshore is lame.

PPS It hasn't actually been proven that Trolls became NE, although I am very happy to believe that is the case.

PPPS UD are horrible, sucky, and they lose at everything, except for their names, which usually rock. Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren are awesomesauce though. But Alliance has way better architecture (At least, Dwarves do.). Also, Male Trolls have the best dance (And female Orcs have the best /sillys)

PPPPS Goblins rock.

PPPPPS I really, really, really hate fighting Night Elves. They're so arrogant and cocksure, even just standing there. Rogues also suck, not because they're tough but because they're just tricky, bouncing about everywhere.

Markus. D
01-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Darkshore had the underwater quests, those have been the only quests ive found good so far.

Lindy
01-10-2006, 03:56 AM
Yeah, I'm sad. Ohwell, I'm happy. xD Barrens is lovely, Lindy, the problem is the size.

PS Darkshore is lame.

PPS It hasn't actually been proven that Trolls became NE, although I am very happy to believe that is the case.

[...]

PPPPPS I really, really, really hate fighting Night Elves. They're so arrogant and cocksure, even just standing there. Rogues also suck, not because they're tough but because they're just tricky, bouncing about everywhere.

Yeah, I've grown to love the Barrens, it's got a lot of fun quests.

Trying to do Darkshore a second time as a Night Elf Druid, I grew to hate it, hence why I made my Troll Shaman.

And it HAS been proven Trolls became Night Elves, it's written on the WoW site in the Lore section, it lists it in the WoW manual, and the WC3 manual as well I think.

Lastly, lawl, I have a 60 Night Elf Rogue and I'm most definitely not as you described XD I make more precise and calculated motions rather than jumping around madly too, which leads to the same effect of screwing up the targetting of whoever I fight. Though my Rogue is relatively tough to beat, because I have stunlocking down to a fine and gorgeous art.

Oh and end-game is overrated, don't ever rush your way through or you'll miss so much.

Markus. D
01-10-2006, 07:11 AM
but, i found the level 10 warrior quest so epic.

i guess it cause ive never been sminning in an mmo, and explored a shipwreck... and killed Elune... who was swimming around madly.

mabey it was just a magic moment that makes me love darkshore.

Madame Adequate
01-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I've grown to love the Barrens, it's got a lot of fun quests.

Trying to do Darkshore a second time as a Night Elf Druid, I grew to hate it, hence why I made my Troll Shaman.

I love Trolls, though I don't have one right now. If/when I make a rogue, it's going to be a Troll.

And it HAS been proven Trolls became Night Elves, it's written on the WoW site in the Lore section, it lists it in the WoW manual, and the WC3 manual as well I think.

! I had never seen it stated definitively in any of those. Let me check...

"In time, a primitive tribe of nocturnal humanoids cautiously made their way to the edges of the mesmerizing enchanted lake. The feral, nomadic humanoids, drawn by the Well's strange energies, built crude homes upon its tranquil shores. Over time, the Well's cosmic power affected the tribe, making them strong, wise, and virtually immortal."

Is the only thing I can find on the lore page. Tribe yes, but other than that (which could equally apply to gnolls, murlocs, or loads of races who could have long since died out.) I see no indiciation that these primitive humanoids were trolls.

From wowwiki: "It is rumored, but has not been confirmed by an official Blizzard source, that the Night Elf race was created when a tribe of trolls first came across the Well of Eternity during their travels. They tapped into the Wells magical energies and, over time, were warped into the first Night Elves."

Which is what I thought the situation had been (Like I say, it fits excellently and I'm quite ready to believe it, but it hasn't been confirmed.)

I can't find anything in the WoW or WC3 manuals, although I've not combed it thoroughly. I am more than happy to be shown where this is proven, so please do point me at any sources you have.

Lastly, lawl, I have a 60 Night Elf Rogue and I'm most definitely not as you described XD I make more precise and calculated motions rather than jumping around madly too, which leads to the same effect of screwing up the targetting of whoever I fight. Though my Rogue is relatively tough to beat, because I have stunlocking down to a fine and gorgeous art.

That's fine with me, it's just those Ferelas jumping beans who annoy me xD If I get beaten by someone good, no problem. If I get beaten by someone hyperactive, problem. :P

Oh and end-game is overrated, don't ever rush your way through or you'll miss so much.

Advice taken.

Lindy
01-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Darn, WC3 manual does say what it says on the WoW site, I was sure it said Trolls, oh well.

It still makes more sense, because the only races around at the time were the Trolls and the insectoid empire thingy whose name I forget, the ones who split into the Nerubians and the others who were shaped into the Qiraji by C'thun.

If you look at the manual, it explains that Gnolls, Murlocs, Kobolds, stuff like that are relatively young races (and Gnolls and Kobolds were first based in northern Lordaeron anyway).

EDIT : ...! There's a book, in Booty Bay, that talks about it. I think that one states it was Trolls that travelled to the Well of Eternity, and then the same Trolls that became the Night Elves destroyed the great Troll empires with their arcane magics. Lemme find some screenshots.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/lindianajones/trolls1.jpg
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/lindianajones/trolls2.jpg

It says "this theory has not been proven", but considering the WoW site states a tribe found the Well of Eternity and became the Night Elves, and this says a tribe of Trolls found the Well of Eternity and became beings of immense power, and the Troll empires were destroyed by Night Elves. Well, yeah, connective logic.

DMKA
01-10-2006, 04:42 PM
I played for about a week and a half before I got completely bored.

I can definitely relate though, because I made the mistake of playing FFXI and well...there goes the tiny excuse for a social life I had.

Markus. D
01-11-2006, 12:55 AM
yep... it murders it eh.