PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Concert

~SapphireStar~
01-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Whats the best concert youve been to and your favourite?

The best were the RHCPs, Fun Lovin' Criminals and Biffy Clyro because I was so damm close to them :D

My favourite was GreenDay cause I had to wait 8 years to see them, first time I was grounded and I had to wait for 8 years for them to come back to Manchester.

You?

The New Kid
01-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Don't have a favourite yet, but the best one I went to was my first with Thrice, The Bled, UnderOath, and Veda. I don't much care for UnderOath, but the other bands rocked hard.

Nice sig by the way. Black Books rules.

Lindy
01-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Either when I saw Hundred Reasons and Hell is For Heroes at the same gig, or when I saw thisGIRL, Thrice, Coheed & Cambria and Hundred Reasons at the same gig.

Honourable mentions to the gig where I saw thisGIRL, The Lucky Nine and Hundred Reasons together.

~SapphireStar~
01-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Hell is For Heroes
Yeah I seen them when Biffy Clyro played at my Uni, they were the special guests.

crashNUMBERS
01-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I never been to a concert but next time my uncle goes to a Greenday concert I wanna go with him...

Suikojowy
01-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Radiohead when I saw them back in 2003. I can't wait to see them again later this year

Epiphany
01-08-2006, 08:54 PM
GWAR.

Matrinka
01-09-2006, 12:41 AM
REM back in 1998... I had front row seats, got 2 lyric sheets AND the microphone for Its the End of the World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine).

Mythra
01-09-2006, 01:31 AM
Velvet Revolver and Audioslave last year. Audioslave was my favorite (one of my favorite three bands right now). Although Velvet Revolver does have some merit, they did a rendition of "Wish You Were Here" and that was what got me listening to Pink Floyd. Plus it was a kick @$$ concert in its own right

Leeza
01-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Radiohead when I saw them back in 2003. I can't wait to see them again later this year
I agree. Radiohead's Hail to the Thief tour was excellent. System of a Down was also very good, so these would have to be my two favourite concerts. Of course, they were also my only concerts that are of any importance. :)

Markus. D
01-09-2006, 02:09 AM
Hillsong United

Dreddz
01-09-2006, 02:11 AM
I dont really go to concerts, Im more scene at raves etc
I did enjoy seeing the Prodigy though, and I also saw Oasis. Fun times were had by both.
If I had to pick one though, gotta be the Prodigy.

~SapphireStar~
01-09-2006, 02:12 AM
I did enjoy seeing the Prodigy though,

Yeah my boyfriend went to see them last year back in Manchester with his best mate. I was really annoyed cause I would love to see 'FireStarter' performed live! He couldnt hear right for 2 days :D

I also saw Oasis
My dad seen them some years ago, back in the Oasis VS Blur days :D I couldnt go cause it was on a school night, so he took my step mum instead :(

Mitch
01-09-2006, 02:13 AM
The Datsuns the other night. They played on the back of a truck in a carpark and blew everyone away.

Zell's Fists of Fury
01-09-2006, 02:21 AM
Red Hot Chili Peppers in Vegas for a good number of reason.
That and System of a Down.

fantasyjunkie
01-09-2006, 05:46 AM
Whitesnake opening up for Motley Crue in 1987 rofl! Kiss had a pretty good show. Greenday was good too. Damn I like all the ones I saw! :D

Loony BoB
01-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Def Leppard. Well after the heights of their fame, they still pulled off what was probably one of the best concerts I'll ever go to. I think the fact that they aren't at the heights of their fame only made it better, actually, because it meant that they were playing to a theatre-sized audience, and you couldn't really get a bad seat. Oh, and I assure you. I don't dance. Like, ever. I've slow danced about five times in my life because I'm apparently good at it, but fast dancing is something I never ever do. But I couldn't help but dance at that concert, it was just awesome. Everyone shouting the words to every song, the fact that their songs are all pretty much made to be played live... incredible. I would see them again and again, actually. That was just quite simply fantastic. It had all the classics - Let's Get Rocked, Rocket, Armageddon It, Rock of Ages, When Love and Hate Collide, Animal, Photograph, Foolin', Hysteria, Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad, Love Bites and of course Pour Some Sugar On Me. Then it mixed them in with newer songs such as Now, Four Letter Word, Everyday, Slang, Women... and then the a quiet acoustic version of Two Steps Behind. It was just great.

Rusty
01-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Jamiroquai. First concert I ever went to, it was only a month ago. But it was so awesome.

SammieBabe
01-09-2006, 12:20 PM
U2 last year. Friggin' amazing. :love:
I saw Nelly Furtado a couple years ago at Hard Rock Live. She actually put on a really good show and that is an awesome venue...:D

Brian The Pink Shark
01-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Tough one here, probably when i saw Judas Priest in March, twas a really good show and the scorpions supported them and they were fantastic.

There was also Wishbone Ash in October, i was really close to the band and even caught one of Andy Powell's plectrums

One of those two then :choc:

Demon666
01-11-2006, 05:21 AM
Mine is Megadeth and Slipknot...........Flamethrowers, mosh-pits, and pot.......Oh my!

Rocket Edge
01-11-2006, 05:13 PM
bruce springsteen (acoustic)