PDA

View Full Version : Flash + Firebox 1.5 :o

Peegee
01-08-2006, 08:23 PM
I don't seem to be able to install either shockwave or (nor?) flash for firebox 1.5. It's not the biggest deal in the world but it is bothering me that firebox doesn't have flash (cuz I'm a geek like that).

I've tried installing the shockwave installation program and it doesn't seem to do anything. The flash installer doesn't even run :p

sars?:D

Yamaneko
01-08-2006, 08:32 PM
<a href="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P2_Platform=Win32&P3_Browser_Version=Netscape6">Flash for Netscape-based browsers.</a>

<a href="http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=Shockwave&P2_Platform=Win32&P3_Browser_Version=NetscapePre4">Shockwave for Netscape-based browsers.</a>

<b>I installed Macromedia Shockwave Player on Windows XP. Why doesn't it work?</b>

On some Windows XP systems, Macromedia Shockwave Player does not work unless you run Mozilla Firefox in Windows 2000 compatibility mode.

Peegee
01-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Okay I'll bite even though it has installed in this version of xp: how do I run in win2k mode?

Yamaneko
01-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Find firefox.exe in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\ or whatever foler you have Firefox installed to, right click on it, select the "Compatibility" tab, and then select Windows 2000 from the drop-down menu. You might be able to do this through the Firefox shortcut too.

If this doesn't work I'd back up your Firefox extensions and bookmarks, and reinstall everything.

Peegee
01-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Actually what worked is me uninstalling 'adblock', which makes me sad (I like adblock).

Yamaneko
01-08-2006, 09:08 PM
<b>Flash Player 8.0 does not work if you use Adblock with OBJ-TABS enabled</b>

Due to increased security in Flash Player 8.0, enabling OBJ-TABS in Adblock will result in no Flash content being displayed. The only workaround at this time is to disable OBJ-TABS.

Samuraid
01-08-2006, 11:30 PM
You need to update to the latest adblock version, then everything should work. (I had the same problem)

crono_logical
01-09-2006, 03:59 PM
I just copied the installed plugins from my 1.0.7 copy to the plugin folder in my portable 1.5 to get flash working :p